spammer harvesting from gc.com

paleolith

I just got spam, and it appears that the spammer is harvesting addresses from gc.com. It's GPS-related and says "dear paleolith", and though I use "paleolith" a lot of places, this is the first time I've seen a spammer associate it with my email address.

Is this worth reporting to gc.com, or should I just hide my email address on my profile and be done with it? (I've just hidden it but prefer to leave it public if possible.)

(The forum won't let me search for "spam" because it's only four letters long. Silly restriction if you ask me.)

Edward

spam text, munged to avoid providing the spammer with free publicity:

Reply-To: sales@example.com

To: <edward@paleo.org>

Subject: GPS Tracking System

Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 04:52:47 -0500

Dear paleolith,

This might be useful for your situation. This GPS tracker will tell you everywhere your car went, how long it was there and how fast it was driven.

You should check it out:

http://www.example.com

It's rechargable, has a weather resistant case and magnetic mounts.

Pretty cool if you ask me!

Earth Gadgets

<<street address>>

Burbank, Ca 91505

Edited by paleolith

I just got spam, and it appears that the spammer is harvesting addresses from gc.com. It's GPS-related and says "dear paleolith", and though I use "paleolith" a lot of places, this is the first time I've seen a spammer associate it with my email address.

Is this worth reporting to gc.com, or should I just hide my email address on my profile and be done with it? (I've just hidden it but prefer to leave it public if possible.)

(The forum won't let me search for "spam" because it's only four letters long. Silly restriction if you ask me.)

Edward

spam text, munged to avoid providing the spammer with free publicity:

Reply-To: sales@example.com

To: <edward@paleo.org>

Subject: GPS Tracking System

Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 04:52:47 -0500

Dear paleolith,

This might be useful for your situation. This GPS tracker will tell you everywhere your car went, how long it was there and how fast it was driven.

You should check it out:

http://www.example.com

It's rechargable, has a weather resistant case and magnetic mounts.

Pretty cool if you ask me!

Earth Gadgets

<<street address>>

Burbank, Ca 91505

Edward, thanks for letting us know. Can you please send the full text of this email to me, including the headers? Although it may be tough to track down, we can look into it and see if we can stop it.

I'll send you a pm with my email address.

-Bryan