What Alphabet is this

Kayak1978

I could tell you the answer, but that would defeat the reason why puzzle placers put out puzzle to start with. Getting other people on the internet to do all your work for you just ain't right.

For educational purposes, you should google omniglot and do some research on alphabets. The answer is there, though you'll have to think outside the box a bit.

I could tell you the answer, but that would defeat the reason why puzzle placers put out puzzle to start with. Getting other people on the internet to do all your work for you just ain't right.

For educational purposes, you should google omniglot and do some research on alphabets. The answer is there, though you'll have to think outside the box a bit.

Cool - Thanks for the pointer - Just didn't know where to start

It looked like the English Alphabet to me.

For the record, I am of the mindset that "asking" is a valid form of research. If you can find someone who will simply give you the answer, then you have, indeed, done what was needed to get the answer.

Others disagree.

I actually agree with you.

This is just the wrong venue and it's generally frowned upon to make such inquiries in the GC forums.

Shooting an email off to the cache owner or asking around in a linguistics forum would be more appropriate.

For the record, I am of the mindset that "asking" is a valid form of research. If you can find someone who will simply give you the answer, then you have, indeed, done what was needed to get the answer.

Others disagree.

Agreed.

Others disagree.

Agreed.

And I disagree. That you should not ask the forums for help on a puzzle cache is a longstanding tradition here that I happen to agree with. You're using somebody else's brain instead of your own when you ask for help here. Also, it is the cache owner's perrogative to give out hints, not ours. If asking is valid research, then ask the cache owner, not the forums.

Others disagree.

Agreed.

And I disagree. That you should not ask the forums for help on a puzzle cache is a longstanding tradition here that I happen to agree with. You're using somebody else's brain instead of your own when you ask for help here. Also, it is the cache owner's perrogative to give out hints, not ours. If asking is valid research, then ask the cache owner, not the forums.

No difficult caches stay difficult after the first few finders. After that it just turns into a phone-a-friend frenzy. I didn't necessarily agree with asking on the forums, nor was that stated by bittsen, but asking in general. I'm not sure which the OP was referring to but there are plenty of caches out there with inactive owners.

I found some interesting sites by googling omniglot. B)

This one has a interesting section where people send in historical type "puzzles" to be decripted. Perhaps they could help also.. :D

Others disagree.

I think I could agree with that, searching on your own is only going to take the long road to some answer provided by someone else anyway. No one was asking to decipher the whole thing, only where to find the key?

Asking in the GS forums is like asking the kid sitting next to you during the big test in high school.

Start with the CO. Most are willing to give you a nudge. If the CO is unresponsive then ask someone who has found it for a nudge. If that doesn't help do a different cache, you don't have to find them all.

If you are just going to have someone tell you right where it is then why bother. I used a PAF once. Found that it just took the fun right outta it.

Asking in the GS forums is like asking the kid sitting next to you during the big test in high school.

Start with the CO. Most are willing to give you a nudge. If the CO is unresponsive then ask someone who has found it for a nudge. If that doesn't help do a different cache, you don't have to find them all.

If you are just going to have someone tell you right where it is then why bother. I used a PAF once. Found that it just took the fun right outta it.

Ditto!

I know some owners don't mind but i can safely say that if i design a puzzle for people to solve, then my intentions are for them to figure it out themselves. Not saying they have to get the answer exactly like i intended it to be found (sometimes there are many other ways to get it), but i don't want someone just giving them the answer.

Out in the wild, you sometimes get put on the spot when someone asks for help. Unless i know the owner of the cache and know he or she doesn't mind, i give out very little, if any information. I don't think it's a good idea to post questions here on the forums. There are just too many people here wanting to help (which is a good thing for the most part), but at the same time, most likely gonna pretty much give the answer away.