Pocket Query

kenlor

it is obvious to me now, but seems to me there should be a link to it on the home page since it is how most premium members search for caches. i normally dont click on my profile that often when using a website. the other odd thing is there are many references to pocket queries that dont have a link. doesnt make sense to me.

Agreed. Took me awhile before I found it.

from the geocaching website click on your name in the top right corner... scroll down about half way and under premium member options you will see the option to "build pocket querys" click on it and it will tell you where to go from there :)

Thanks so much. I have the problem solved now. :o

I had the same problem. No offense to the people that run the Groundspeak website, but it does not seem to be very user-friendly/intuitive. 90% of my job involves 'stalking' people on the internet, so I am very internet savvy, but struggled to find links for the pocket queries and other information i needed to get started with geocaching.

I agree 100% with you.

it is obvious to me now, but seems to me there should be a link to it on the home page since it is how most premium members search for caches. i normally dont click on my profile that often when using a website. the other odd thing is there are many references to pocket queries that dont have a link. doesnt make sense to me.

The problem I see on a home page link is that the premium member features would be there and would end up being dead links for basic members. Then we would complain about all the dead links on the home page. With the link on the profile page then the page can be tailored depending on membership. PQ's are not the only premium member feature, just one of many. It seems to me that features that depend on membership status should be located on a page that reflects the status, so the profile page seems to be the correct place to me.

The problem I see on a home page link is that the premium member features would be there and would end up being dead links for basic members. Then we would complain about all the dead links on the home page. With the link on the profile page then the page can be tailored depending on membership. PQ's are not the only premium member feature, just one of many. It seems to me that features that depend on membership status should be located on a page that reflects the status, so the profile page seems to be the correct place to me.

I understand your reasoning, but i would see a 'dead link' for a basic member as a way to drive revenue by increasing premium memberships.

Edited by Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem

"if it ain't broke dont fix it"....i would hate to see all the features gone from my profile page...is what i have bookmarked as my first stop

i have my coordinates set up so to find caches i just click on the map on my profile, much easier as opposed to the home page

the only time i use the home page is for trackables or to report a new cache

a "Home Page" is just that not a Personal Profile Page