Looking for Urban Camo Lesson Cache (Seattle?)

ePeterso2

I've been trying to find a cache listing I saw a while (year or more?) ago, but I can remember neither the GC code nor the cache name. I've ran every combination of attributes in a PQ that I can think of, and I've searched the GC forums and Google - still no luck. I cannot remember where I found it ... either here, or on Geocaching U, or somewhere else (I tried searching GU already). I'm hoping someone here knows of this cache.

Supposedly there's a cache - I think it's in Seattle - that is hidden using highly effective urban camo. I think it was regular size or larger, in the middle of a very busy area full of pedestrians, and yet remained hidden despite many finds.

The interesting thing about the cache page was that it was a tutorial on how to create an effective urban hide, and the cache was an example of how those techniques might be applied.

Does anyone know the name/waypoint for this cache? Or am I just nuts? Or both?

-eP

I've been trying to find a cache listing I saw a while (year or more?) ago, but I can remember neither the GC code nor the cache name. I've ran every combination of attributes in a PQ that I can think of, and I've searched the GC forums and Google - still no luck. I cannot remember where I found it ... either here, or on Geocaching U, or somewhere else (I tried searching GU already). I'm hoping someone here knows of this cache.

Supposedly there's a cache - I think it's in Seattle - that is hidden using highly effective urban camo. I think it was regular size or larger, in the middle of a very busy area full of pedestrians, and yet remained hidden despite many finds.

The interesting thing about the cache page was that it was a tutorial on how to create an effective urban hide, and the cache was an example of how those techniques might be applied.

-eP

First off you should post this in the Northwest portion of the Forum, 2nd the answer is "YES" your nuts just forget it and move on, you are not even sure what city it is in..... Seattle is a big city and your description is pretty vague.

Scubasonic

-eP

First off you should post this in the Northwest portion of the Forum, 2nd the answer is "YES" your nuts just forget it and move on, you are not even sure what city it is in..... Seattle is a big city and your description is pretty vague.

Scubasonic

He's nuts, and he should forget it and move on? Not very, nice, now was that.

I'm sure he's looking for A Criminal Education

-eP

Scubasonic

He's nuts, and he should forget it and move on? Not very, nice, now was that.

I do believe that is the cache he's looking for. Unfortunately, it's been archived, and that's why it doesn't show up in PQ's.

That is precisely the cache I was looking for. THANKS!

I had speculated that it might have been archived ... sorry to see ones like this disappear.

-eP

1. I wasn't certain it was in Seattle, or even in the Northwest region. All I was certain of was that it was in a big city.

2. I may be nuts, but at least I'm polite!

3. Social networks in general and forums in particular were designed to answer exactly those sorts of vague queries - to wit, see the successful response above. Welcome to the internet, noobie!

4. Darn, I knew #2 couldn't last for long ;-)

I had speculated that it might have been archived ... sorry to see ones like this disappear.

-eP

1. I wasn't certain it was in Seattle, or even in the Northwest region. All I was certain of was that it was in a big city.

3. Social networks in general and forums in particular were designed to answer exactly those sorts of vague queries - to wit, see the successful response above. Welcome to the internet, noobie!

Since it is archived, I won't be giving away any secrets here. The container was a newspaper vending box with a combination padlock on it. There was a copy of Today's Cacher in the window. It sat right outside The Lily Pad.

Since it is archived, I won't be giving away any secrets here. The container was a XXXXXXXXXXXXXX with a XXXXXXXXXXXX on it. There was a copy of XXXXXXXXX in the XXXXXXX. It sat right outside The Lily Pad.

Well that's not exactly true. That cache is archived but the container is at another location in the Pacfic Northwest.

Edited by FunnyNose

-eP

Eh, fahgetaboutit. He'll never see that since it's been moved to the Northwest. Actually, I live 3,000 miles from Seattle, I just remember Criminal talking about it when he was a regular contributor to the Geocaching Topics forum. OK, I'm going back to New York now. :)

-eP

Eh, fahgetaboutit. He'll never see that since it's been moved to the Northwest. Actually, I live 3,000 miles from Seattle, I just remember Criminal talking about it when he was a regular contributor to the Geocaching Topics forum. OK, I'm going back to New York now. :)

It looked sorta like this:

7664e37f-673e-4416-92e1-a0c591b5e999.jpg

-eP

Eh, fahgetaboutit. He'll never see that since it's been moved to the Northwest. Actually, I live 3,000 miles from Seattle, I just remember Criminal talking about it when he was a regular contributor to the Geocaching Topics forum. OK, I'm going back to New York now. :o

I'll never forget wandering up one day and seeing two cachers looking all over it for the cache. :) Never occurred to them it WAS the cache, and they didn't notice what was in the window.

-eP

Eh, fahgetaboutit. He'll never see that since it's been moved to the Northwest. Actually, I live 3,000 miles from Seattle, I just remember Criminal talking about it when he was a regular contributor to the Geocaching Topics forum. OK, I'm going back to New York now. :D

I'll never forget wandering up one day and seeing two cachers looking all over it for the cache. :( Never occurred to them it WAS the cache, and they didn't notice what was in the window.

Not very observant, were they? :):o

I wonder how many muggles tried to open it to get the magazine.

Edited by Dwoodford

:D

:lol:

Criminal Education Lives. It's no longer in Seattle, and it has a different name, but the cache container still lives in a more northern location. I'm not going to point to it, because it would give the cache away for those that did the original, but look for puzzle caches in Snohomish County.

Hi Guys! I've missed you!

A broken back, rehab, and working to catch up again has kept me away from Caching for a few years. I happened to lurk the forums last month and read this thread.

My work takes me all over the NorthWest and today, as I fed the beast, a faded copy of "Todays Cacher" caught my eye. I found this cache container!

Now I'm afraid that I'm just going to have to solve the puzzle and start Caching again.

So....see ya around!

A broken back, rehab, and working to catch up again has kept me away from Caching for a few years. I happened to lurk the forums last month and read this thread.

My work takes me all over the NorthWest and today, as I fed the beast, a faded copy of "Todays Cacher" caught my eye. I found this cache container!

Now I'm afraid that I'm just going to have to solve the puzzle and start Caching again.

So....see ya around!

Welcome back!

So....see ya around!

Welcome back!