Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Sunhome's

Requested to use stealth... did Not!

that was a cool photo , they had no idea that google earth just happen to take the photo . I wonder how many other cachers has been caught that way ?

Holy Crud!!!! I don't know how many have been caught on Google Street View, but this question has been asked before, I'm sure of that. This here is a keeper, a one in a million kind of thing.

• Surprised 1

Awesome. Here's the image for those who don't want to wait for google maps :D

geocache.jpeg

And for the heck of it, now in demotivational form:

M311.jpg

Edited by Kabuthunk

eTrex Legend: $100

Ball point pen: $2

Sensible walking shoes: $75

Having cover blown by google Earth: priceless

I would upmod this however the site provides no such functionality :D

• Upvote 1

It looks like the woman with him is taking a picture of the passing google-mobile.

The most puzzling thing is that there is a sign telling the ducks not to go into the channel??

It looks like the woman with him is taking a picture of the passing google-mobile.

The most puzzling thing is that there is a sign telling the ducks not to go into the channel??

It not ducks, it's motor boating. That's an outboard engine on a small boat.

• Funny 1

It not ducks, it's motor boating. That's an outboard engine on a small boat.

Bah, total bubble burst. <_<

Resurrecting a 10 year old thread, but for good reason ;)

One of the previous posters mentioned the Denmark Google Street View capture of Geocachers in action was a 1 in a million. There probably are more out there, but for now at least I have found the 2 in a million using the history feature on Street View at cache GC13ZAG :D

More details of my find here: terrastreetview.blogspot.com/2020/10/more-geocachers-caught-on-street-view.html

If anyone has found any more I would love to know, and do please share the links / pics :)

StreetView2.png

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Surprised 1

Ah ok. Yes that's the one. I did do a search of the forum but could find an entry for it.

• Helpful 1

3 hours ago, Gackt said:

Resurrecting a 10 year old thread, but for good reason ;)

One of the previous posters mentioned the Denmark Google Street View capture of Geocachers in action was a 1 in a million. There probably are more out there, but for now at least I have found the 2 in a million using the history feature on Street View at cache GC13ZAG :D

More details of my find here: terrastreetview.blogspot.com/2020/10/more-geocachers-caught-on-street-view.html

If anyone has found any more I would love to know, and do please share the links / pics :)

StreetView2.png

It appears they print out their caches too before going out. I often do that.

As far as I know I haven't been caught with an actually cache by Google, but I was out caching one day with the car, and I found myself driving behind the Google car for a number of kilometres. I left the Google car behind, when they turned off into a petrol station.

My sister in law was photographed out in front of her house in her dressing gown, picking up the newspaper, which had broken open and the sheets scattered on the road.

• Funny 1

...And here folks were only worried about getting caught peeing in-the-woods on game cams...

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1

Back to 2011: Beware the embedded link - after you follow it and Google Maps tells you there's no such place, look at the coordinates and take the Cache's GC number off.

You'll get it.

Edited by TeamRabbitRun