2010 CITO event sponser

redjada

Well, I don't really think so. As some of you know, I am hosting four CITO events this spring/early summer. The first one Dix Park CITO GC232RB

When I saw Magellan was the sponsor, I thought what a better place to ask for donations for my CITO events. Just looking for some Magellan geocaching swag gear. T-shirts, hats, stickers, etc... Just something for some give a ways at my events. So I sent an email to Magellan and this is what I got back.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding donations at Magellan.

We have been privileged in the past to participate in great causes like your own and hope to do more of that in the future. Unfortunately, our corporate-giving program is currently not funded so we will not be able to accommodate your request at this time.

We wish you the best in your efforts.

Should you require further assistance about this or any other concerns with your Magellan unit please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help Knowledge Base (www.magellangps.com) .

Thank you for choosing Magellan and have a safe day!

Yours truly,

Abigail (AM20166)

Magellan Technical Support

Email: SUPPORT.US@CS.MAGELLANGPS.COM

And Magellan is the sponsor because?

The Garmin and Delorme people have committed. I don't see why the sponsor cant help promote CITO????

Boy this is frustrating :o:ph34r::D

Any comments?

:D

RedJada

Tienes mucha razón, yo Solicite a todo el mundo algo para mi evento CITO Y lo unico que conseguí es un cupón descuento de 10 $.

Es una pena que nosotros intentemos hacer estos eventos y nadie nos Apoye.

Saludos.

Traducido en linea.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------

You are right much, I solicit to everybody something for my event I MENTION and the only thing that I obtained is a coupon discount of 10 $.

Pain is one that we try to make these events and nobody supports to us.

Greetings.

Traducción en línea.

GC1XF0H CITO Embalse de Navacerrada (Madrid)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...19-b15bb500e26c

Mr.RA (Raúl)

Madrid (ESPAÑA)

I too am organizing a CITO for the end of April.( To be published next week.) One of our group mentioned the Magellan Sponsorship and I have just spent 30 mins searching the link from Groundspeak. (Magellan's website).

There is nothing there. Anywhere. So I Goggled CITO Sponsorship and our own forums was #1.

Thanks for the copy of your reply from Magellan, I'd post mine when it arrives, but I suspect the "Customer Service" computer will spit out the same thing.

Do you think Groundspeak will see this, or should we be sending them a message about - to get it fixed.

Are they a sponsor or aren't they!

Thanks for reading this rant. I've had 2 Maggies and actually thought the Customer Service was improving.

Inkyfiller - Hawkesbury ON

That is really sad when the sponsor of te main CITO event will not even support it. Well I got some support from other people that I have had dealings with in the past and will see what Garmin and Magellan both have to say as I have made attemps to also send out crys for donations.

I am not sure if anyone has heard back from Magellan yet, I did yesterday. Here is what they said:

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. Yes, Magellan is the 2010 CITO sponsor and we are supporting local CITO events with tchotchkies. We are finalizing details and I will contact you when the kits are ready.

So maybe there is still hope.

I just received the same E mail from Magellan. I replied with a Thank you, and confirmed our Apr 24 date.

Got a reply back from Magellan in 10 mins, saying prizes will be shipped our way in plenty of time!!

Good luck to everyone else. Inkyfiller

Edited by Inkyfiller

I too am organizing a CITO for the end of April.( To be published next week.) One of our group mentioned the Magellan Sponsorship and I have just spent 30 mins searching the link from Groundspeak. (Magellan's website).

There is nothing there. Anywhere. So I Goggled CITO Sponsorship and our own forums was #1.

Thanks for the copy of your reply from Magellan, I'd post mine when it arrives, but I suspect the "Customer Service" computer will spit out the same thing.

Do you think Groundspeak will see this, or should we be sending them a message about - to get it fixed.

Are they a sponsor or aren't they!

Thanks for reading this rant. I've had 2 Maggies and actually thought the Customer Service was improving.

Inkyfiller - Hawkesbury ON

Heh... Personally, I REFUSE to get a maggie... They're ALWAYS OFF BY AT LEAST 50 FEET!

Course, If you have a maggie... you never notice the diff...

While it's a good thing that they want to be the CITO sponsor, the good thing about having a CITO event is that no one really needs to have a sponsor. I don't know who started the raffle idea, or the giving away of gifts, but I do know that it isn't absolutely necessary to have a good event. Most geocachers receive plenty at a CITO, they go home with the reward of having done a really good deed. That's a good feeling. Don't let not having "sponsor gifts" ruin your day. Sometimes, when I'm busy having fun at an event, and I have to stop what I'm doing to go see who's going to win a trinket, it throws off the "fun" momentum. And only one person goes home with a good "new GPS" feeling, the rest are bummed out they didn't win it. If you don't receive donations, it won't spoil the fun at all. If you really want to have something to give away, you can ask your local cachers to pitch in like they did at one of the very first Cache In Trash Out events.

So, instead of having a raffle, you can always play some games, take time out for lunch, talk with each other, show off your coins, take a group photo, pick up the trash. There's plenty to do instead.

Thank you so much for caring about your parks and open spaces.

While it's a good thing that they want to be the CITO sponsor, the good thing about having a CITO event is that no one really needs to have a sponsor. I don't know who started the raffle idea, or the giving away of gifts, but I do know that it isn't absolutely necessary to have a good event. Most geocachers receive plenty at a CITO, they go home with the reward of having done a really good deed. That's a good feeling. Don't let not having "sponsor gifts" ruin your day. Sometimes, when I'm busy having fun at an event, and I have to stop what I'm doing to go see who's going to win a trinket, it throws off the "fun" momentum. And only one person goes home with a good "new GPS" feeling, the rest are bummed out they didn't win it. If you don't receive donations, it won't spoil the fun at all. If you really want to have something to give away, you can ask your local cachers to pitch in like they did at one of the very first Cache In Trash Out events.

So, instead of having a raffle, you can always play some games, take time out for lunch, talk with each other, show off your coins, take a group photo, pick up the trash. There's plenty to do instead.

I have to agree with this 100%. I have busted my butt to put together my CITO events. Just a short time to do a little clean up in the places we play. But what I have seen, the local cachers are not interested in picking up trash.

I happen to be one of those local cachers in NE Ohio that your referring to. Please do not be upset if people do not show up for your event. There are many other options in Ohio around the same time of your CITO events. I noticed one was planned during the weekend of the 10th anniversary of geocaching.

Don't put the cachers down in NE Ohio for not showing up at your CITO events. There is no justification to do so. People may have other things going on in their lives and may have commited to other places.

See the forums on Geochums http://www.geochums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4800

Edited by Rross1973

Thanks for reminding me of the purpose of CITO :)

I happen to be one of those local cachers in NE Ohio that your referring to. Please do not be upset if people do not show up for your event. There are many other options in Ohio around the same time of your CITO events. I noticed one was planned during the weekend of the 10th anniversary of geocaching.

Don't put the cachers down in NE Ohio for not showing up at your CITO events. There is no justification to do so. People may have other things going on in their lives and may have commited to other places.

See the forums on Geochums http://www.geochums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4800

I have been lurking here for just about a month. I have been searching and learning everything I can about this game while waiting for my gps to arrive (any day now)

So far things have been great, until I came across this thread. This is my first post so bear with me.

In my opinion, I think it’s great if you have a (local) website/forums that relates to geocaching. It appears to me that redjada and the folks of geochums may have had a falling out somewhere. At least that’s what I get from the link posted here. It also looks as if redjada has done a lot of work setting up his/hers events. Now, for a local geocaching group to come to the geocaching web site to bash other members in their area is childish and uncalled for. If you have a problem with geocachers in your area, then just keep it there. There is no need to “advertise” your group for the world to see. I don’t know redjada and have never heard of geochums until today. But I have to support the underdog for trying to do something good in the geocaching community.

I think RedJada has done a great job in promoting CITO events. We at Geochums never had a falling out with RedJada. It all started with his/her post on our local site. I didn't want a perception that geocachers in NE Ohio don't care about CITO events when in fact we do care. I was not advertising the group. As you know there are two sides to every story. I was just presenting the other side.