Pick and Pass Geocoin Mission

Chickahominy

Cool, hey I'm happy to be on either team B)

Since you have this East/West/North/South thing set up, does that mean that instead of picking a person off the list, we are supposed to send it to the next person on the list? Doesn't really matter to me, just want the clarification.

Good question. Nope, you don't have to send it to the next person on the list. Perhaps someone from each team can figure out the send order to maximize your mailing miles. Or, you can be totally random about your mailings. LOL! I'm excited, either way.

I know who I will send to first.

Now to pick out the coins ;)

Hmm, are we racing on speed back to Chick? I would think that instead of miles there isn't any guarantee the max miles are the same (that it could get expensive for some people to send things way far)

and sure, I've got an extra coin that I won't cry too much if I lose.

NOT THAT TEAM VICTORY IS GOING TO LOSE!

;)

:laughing:

Well I'm goning to issue a challenge :)

15. Ashallond Arkansas vs 15. kini_ont Ontario

'Team Victory!" vs "Team WINNER"

1 coin

if my "Team WINNER" wins you send me a coin but if your "Team Victory" wins....

I eat crow B) and send you a coin

Will You Accept the Challenge????? ;)

Opalsns will be very upset if you even think about eating crow. That means Team Winner has to win!!!!

Team #1 Team Winners

1. Maine Family Maine

2. Dr. Neal Pennsylvania

3. Turlutortue Quebec, Canada

4. Penny and Kona Arkansas

5. Susiemerlin 1 United Kingdom

6. 2 Golfers Illinois

7. Rickctroop 13 Connecticut

8. gardengorilla Australia

9. Snowball 58 Kansas

10. The 4 F's Florida

11. plumbrokeacres British Columbia

12. Usyoopers Michigan

13. FScout Kentucky

14. LadyBee4T

15. kini ont Canada

Team #2 Team Victory

1. Opalsns Maine

2. Sgt Mikal Pennsylvania

3. Laval K-9 Quebec

4. tekkguy Texas

5. Grodan & Fiabus Sweden

6. Team Eccs21 Michican

7. fingers crossed Ontario

8. Burgessfour Oregon

9. Fairyhoney Washington

10. Shadow's Friend Minnesota

11. Hakali California

12. SYOTT Nova Scotia

13. Fuzziebear 3 Ohio

14. Fossillady California

15. Ashallond Arkansas

Even better that gardengorilla is in Australia. The distance to Australia will help offset the distance to Sweden. Those seem to be the farthest mailing points from the US.

Yes, it is a race to get the last two coins and the tracking coin, back to me in South Carolina via USPS.

I'm going to issue a challenge too :o

#3 Laval K-9 vs #3 Dr. Neal

¨Team Victory" vs "Team WINNER"

1 coin

If my "Team Victory" wins you send me a coin but if your "Team Winner" wins you send me a coin.

The choice of the coin will be at the discretion of the sender.

Dr. Neal, are you up to the Challenge????? :laughing:

I'm going to issue a challenge too :o

1 coin

If my "Team Victory" wins you send me a coin but if your "Team Winner" wins you send me a coin.

Dr. Neal, are you up to the Challenge????? :laughing:

The way the mail moves through canada, this should be easy...bring it on!

ILYK

Team #1 Team Winners

1. Maine Family Maine

2. Dr. Neal Pennsylvania

3. Turlutortue Quebec, Canada

4. Penny and Kona Arkansas

5. Susiemerlin 1 United Kingdom

6. 2 Golfers Illinois

7. Rickctroop 13 Connecticut

8. gardengorilla Australia

9. Snowball 58 Kansas

10. The 4 F's Florida

11. plumbrokeacres British Columbia

12. Usyoopers Michigan

13. FScout Kentucky

14. LadyBee4T

15. kini ont Canada

Team #2 Team Victory

1. Opalsns Maine

2. Sgt Mikal Pennsylvania

3. Laval K-9 Quebec

4. tekkguy Texas

5. Grodan & Fiabus Sweden

6. Team Eccs21 Michican

7. fingers crossed Ontario

8. Burgessfour Oregon

9. Fairyhoney Washington

10. Shadow's Friend Minnesota

11. Hakali California

12. SYOTT Nova Scotia

13. Fuzziebear 3 Ohio

14. Fossillady California

15. Ashallond Arkansas

Even better that gardengorilla is in Australia. The distance to Australia will help offset the distance to Sweden. Those seem to be the farthest mailing points from the US.

Yes, it is a race to get the last two coins and the tracking coin, back to me in South Carolina via USPS.

Just so that I am clear on the race for mileage...when we "discover" the coin, we have to grab it, and then dip it into a local cache in order to set its marker and get its miles. Is that correct?

I'm going to issue a challenge too :D

1 coin

Dr. Neal, are you up to the Challenge????? :o

The way the mail moves through canada, this should be easy...bring it on!

ILYK

QUOTE:

drneal I believe you owe a coin ;):laughing:

Of course it may take the full lenght of the competition to get to Laval K-9 :P:o:surprise:

:o

Well I'm goning to issue a challenge ;)

15. Ashallond Arkansas vs 15. kini_ont Ontario

'Team Victory!" vs "Team WINNER"

1 coin

if my "Team WINNER" wins you send me a coin but if your "Team Victory" wins....

I eat crow :o and send you a coin

Will You Accept the Challenge????? :laughing:

HEY ................. :surprise:

ha ha ha.... <evil laugh>

Where will the mission start?? I mailed off two packages today. One to a Team Victory member and the other package to a Team Winners member.

Are they both in the same country?? I wonder.

I did have a strategy in my mailing. Y'all make not recognize it.. but it's there.

Clarification... This mission / cointest is not about accumulating miles. The mission/cointest is to see which team can get the package BACK to me first. I have included the guidelines in a printout sent along with the missions. :ph34r:

There is a "traveling" coin included with the mission. TB2EADC and TB2EAZ2

When you receive the package, you are to log the "traveling" coin as a found. Grabbing it from the hands of the previous person. This way, we KNOW that you have the mission IN HAND and that it passed your way.

Pick or Pass... Which coin from the mission will you choose? Which will you pass on?

HAVE FUN!

How exciting!!

Just to make sure I got it right,

The mission includes 1 activated travlecoin for us to log and 2 unactivated coins to choose one from and add another to. So then we send 3 coins around? Is it supposed to be sent any items along with the mission? If it is, then what to send?

Hope for answer.

Thanks for doing this.

grodan Karin Team #2 Team Victory

How exciting!!

The mission includes 1 activated travlecoin for us to log and 2 unactivated coins to choose one from and add another to. So then we send 3 coins around? Is it supposed to be sent any items along with the mission? If it is, then what to send?

Hope for answer.

Thanks for doing this.

That's correct and you don't need to add anything else :ph34r:

How about having a picture of the activated coin with us, a member of our family or just sitting there pretty in our house? It would be fun :ph34r:

How exciting!!

Hope for answer.

Thanks for doing this.

That's correct and you don't need to add anything else :ph34r:

How about having a picture of the activated coin with us, a member of our family or just sitting there pretty in our house? It would be fun :ph34r:

Great! That is a nice idea.

Can´t wait to see where it starts.

grodan Karin

Attention Team Victory:

I'm scheming a fast path.. I need to know one thing. Who's willing to send the package to Sweden? I've got most everything else figured out for the PATH TO VICTORY!

I wouldn't mind sending it but Canada to Sweden seems to take forever so, it better be someone fron the States :ph34r:

GO! TEAM VICTORY GO! :ph34r:

Attention Team Victory:

I'm scheming a fast path.. I need to know one thing. Who's willing to send the package to Sweden? I've got most everything else figured out for the PATH TO VICTORY!

I wouldn't mind sending it but Canada to Sweden seems to take forever so, it better be someone fron the States :ph34r:

GO! TEAM VICTORY GO! :ph34r:

I'll do it too! :D

<snip>

There is a "traveling" coin included with the mission. TB2EADC and TB2EAZ2

When you receive the package, you are to log the "traveling" coin as a found. Grabbing it from the hands of the previous person. This way, we KNOW that you have the mission IN HAND and that it passed your way.

<snip>

HAVE FUN!

So we aren't supposed to dip the activated coin into a cache for miles, but only log discoveries and grab it from the previous person?

I am sooo excited to watch this mission. Thanks to all particpants!

You are right, Team Victory, Sweden is a long way! Team Winners has to mail to and from Australia, though. That should somehow equal out the mail lag for the two teams (or so I thought :ph34r: ).

Sgt Mikal > Oh geeze... did things just get more complicated for me? If the coin isn't "dipped" into a local cache, then miles won't show? We won't log miles for just passing it from hand to hand? It has to be actually placed in a cache to log miles? What do y'all think? It would be nice to log the miles. I wanted everyone to discover the "travelers" and to use them as verification that the mission went "through" the person... (trying to stay a step ahead of you guys.. not that you would do it, but you could conceivably skip people on the mission... just how badly do you want to win? LOL! :ph34r:

We could drop the coin and pick it up as we do for the 52 Pick Up Mission. I plan on drawing from both teams to win the travelers at the end of the mission. Do y'all mind dipping in local caches?

I hope Team Victory Is a bunch of DIPS!!!!!

First dip will be ......

GC1NHB1

PINE CONE CACHE

Then .......... ME as in Maine ???????

Opalsns

LOL! Good guess, Opal... but no. I did not dip the coins in Pine Cone Cache. That one is in the town where I grew up. I sent the missions to peeps I have never sent things to before. :tongue: