Need volunteers to hide 200 geocoins for awareness campaign

survivetothrive

Okay, mine are out in the wild as of today! (Sorry it took so long; between work and being really sick, I just couldn't get out caching for a while.)

Big Love Little Hearts Geocoin -- in "East Sacred Place II" (GC1E9X5)

Big Love Little Hearts Geocoin -- in "Aqueduct" (GC1CBEF)

bad3dbcc-83a7-4927-999f-7ed706593a1e.jpg

Big Love Little Hearts Geocoin near the Gadenji (temple) complex in Zushi, Japan

90a2d446-9363-4498-bfed-268ff41b8294.jpg

Summer checks out the Big Love Little Hearts Geocoin

Edited by Jackalgirl

I am a little concerned about this one that we placed: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2734177 - Seems they don't agree with the mission :) I have emailed them a couple of times, but don't know what else to do............

Have you emailed them and just asked them to move the coin along and let them know that keeping it constitutes theft?

Yes I did... They replied that they were contacting G.S. about it :D

You may want to refer them to this thread; it's not about trackables with agendas, specifically; rather, it's about cache contents having agendas. It's a really long read, though, so I'll summarize it by saying that Groundspeak absolutely allows trackable items with agendas.

It's perfectly acceptable to write to GS and say "these folks are soliciting monetary donations on their trackable pages, is that wrong?" But it is totally NOT acceptable to take a trackable out of circulation. If you don't like that the owner is soliciting on the web page, that's one thing. But taking a trackable and keeping it is theft.

I am a little concerned about this one that we placed: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2734177 - Seems they don't agree with the mission :( I have emailed them a couple of times, but don't know what else to do............

Have you emailed them and just asked them to move the coin along and let them know that keeping it constitutes theft?

I find it interesting that he logged that he took it, even though he disagrees with it. It seems that having the icon on his profile was actually more important to him than stopping the solicitation. :wub:

I am a little concerned about this one that we placed: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2734177 - Seems they don't agree with the mission :( I have emailed them a couple of times, but don't know what else to do............

I find it interesting that he logged that he took it, even though he disagrees with it. It seems that having the icon on his profile was actually more important to him than stopping the solicitation. :wub:

I find it interesting that he uses this coin to launch into a political discussion of the state of healthcare. He has essentially sidetracked the mission of an awareness coin.

I will pay the postage if he sends it on via mail if he has such an issue placing it.