Need volunteers to hide 200 geocoins for awareness campaign

survivetothrive

Dropped one off in what is probably the safest spot for a coin in San Francisco yesterday (a box placed with permission in a museum). I folded the name card and left it in the other pocket so that those interested can get more info. Had to make two trips - I forgot that the museum is not open every day. Hope it spreads the message.

I’ve had bronchitis and kept thinking I would get better and drag myself out “tomorrow.” I’m new to geocahing, we started while we were visiting my family in FL and haven’t really done much around my home so I didn’t have a good place in mind to start mine. The caches I had found were one near my Dr’s office that I didn’t feel was safe and the other was not one I could leave a coin in. I decided that I’d try to put it in a new cache and was hoping one would come up close. I was thrilled when 2 popped up this morning. But when I got ready to go my GPS could not get a lock. Neither of them sounded like they were going to be easy to find. I remembered that I had a few saved that might be easy enough to find with just the description. The first one was a bust, but thankfully just as I was ready to give up on the second the cloud cover cleared just enough for me to get a short lock and to realize that I needed to move at least 100 feet down the road. I was so glad that I found that cache, because I really didn’t want to let you down. If you would like to read my log. TB3CHRK

I left it in Services around the Fairgrounds. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...09-01d1cfb36d36 If anyone in the Houston area is interested in discovering or finding it.

I picked mine back up from Services, because no one had visited it since I dropped it. I was going to San Antonio for my Birthday and wanted to swap it with a Geocoin trading cache listed as an easy cache on the riverwalk. Sadly I couldn't find that cache. It was supposed to be an easy one (I met another cacher and she couldn't find it either. Nor could the next the team that searched.) I feared it was muggled, but thankfully someone just buried it under the leaves. I'm assuming deeply, because that was my first thought. I left it near Austin in my favorite cache so far. It's called Smooches Hopefully both coins will go far and spread the word.

If you have any more you need hidden, I would be happy to do as many as you want in the Houston, Conroe, Huntsville area.

Edited by wolfslady