Cointest: A very special delivery!

Wandering Vikings

Congratulations!!!!! :D Wow!!! Thursday Was a great day for sure!! On thursday night I learned that I will be an uncle! :P I am soooo happy! :P

I do not know if he cointest is still on! When it ends??

I will post my guess and...

So... how about 7 pounds & 8 oz, and 20" 3/4

Sorry I am not familiar with these measures... :D

Well, it wasn't in our mailbox but we had a very special delivery on Thursday...

22058_302847782027_579307027_4609012_7132444_n.jpg

Liam Kai has arrived, your challenge is to guess his length and weight! Closest guess received by 11:33 pm 1/4 will receive a Key to the Cache 2009 in their choice of finish.

One guess per day please.

And.... go!

Sorry for posting again... this is not an enry, but the 1/4 actually is 2/4? I mean the cointest is open until February 4th??? :D

After discussing it we have dicided to give away Two coins. one for the correct weight and one for the correct size.

the winners will be the first one to guess correctly on either (or closest to the right answer at the end of the cointest)

Both winners will get to choose their choice of finish for a Key to the Cache 2009 geocoin

And we have a WINNER for the correct size of Liam!

Congratulations to the Seekerfamily with a correct guess of 20.5 Inches!

One more prize to go, so keep those weight guesses coming.

Well, it wasn't in our mailbox but we had a very special delivery on Thursday...

22058_302847782027_579307027_4609012_7132444_n.jpg

Liam Kai has arrived, your challenge is to guess his length and weight! Closest guess received by 11:33 pm 1/4 will receive a Key to the Cache 2009 in their choice of finish.

One guess per day please.

And.... go!

where does his name come from?

where does his name come from?

Liam is a shortened form of William - His Grandpa's middle name is William, and His Great Grandpa's first name is William. We have always like the name, but there are already several William Polletts in the Family. We liked the name Liam also and he is the first Liam in the Family.

The Many meanings of Kai

The Name has various origins and meanings in different cultures...

Hawaiian: Sea or Ocean

Scandinavian: 'keeper of the keys; earth'

Finnish: 'rejoice'

Navajo: 'willow tree'

Maori: food; eat

Chinese: 'unceasing (like silk)'

Mandarin: victory; triumphant

Burmese: 'strong; unbreakable'

Japanese: 'change; mediation'

Welsh: normally spelt Cai, from the Arthurian legend Sir Kay

Estonian: a female name meaning 'pier'

Germanic languages: 'quay; safe harbour'

Yoruba, a Nigerian language: 'love'

We first found the name for the Hawaiian meaning, but when we researched it and found it had so many other meanings in so many cultures it was settled. and we liked the sound of Liam Kai together.

We had a short list of other names we liked too, but we were waiting to meet him before we made our choice. and when we did meet him he looked like Liam Kai Pollett to us!

Thanks again to all who entered our cointest and many thanks for all the well wishes!