Need Help!

Normand99

Okay, I am new at all of this....(geocaching that is)....but I have seen/found these benchmarks all of my life.

I stumbled upon one today and wanted to log it ... but I have been to the log page and cant quite figure it out.

The benchmark looked like this:

Flood Plain Reference Marker

Do Not Remove

(Triangle Marking)

#########

Est. 2006

- It was a copper colored circle/disc that was flat on the ground and was set into the cement porch on one side of a bridge.

Assuming I am in the right forum, is there any way I can log this?? Or is it just not possible..??

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Normand99

Hi Normand99 -

Well there's 2 basic issues here. One is that the benchmark logging database is from the year 2000 and does not get any updates. The other is that there are thousands of benchmarks that are not included in the NGS database where the year 2000 data came from.

If you like you can read about hunting benchmarks in the Benchmark FAQ and in particular you can read about marks not in the database and how you can log them.

Normand99,

Welcome.

Survey marks (and many other things) that are not listed in geocaching.com’s benchmarking database can be logged on geocaching.com’s sister site called Waymarking.com.

Welcome to the site. Ask all the questions you want; we will be glad to help (or we will at least try to help).

- - The TillaMurphs

The benchmark looked like this:

Flood Plain Reference Marker

Do Not Remove

(Triangle Marking)

#########

Est. 2006

- It was a copper colored circle/disc that was flat on the ground and was set into the cement porch on one side of a bridge.

Welcome Normand99,

When you've found a way to post your find, please let us know. I for one would love to see a photo of it.

MS