Travel Bug Passport

Gandac

How important is it to attach a Travel Bug Passport to your own TB. I am new to this game and didn't put one on my 1st TB which has a specific goal. Should I go out and retrieve it to add one? Thanks in anticipation

What is more important is to include a mission statement -- a shrunken copy. Helps to laminate it and attach directly to the tag chain (better yet, cable).

The TB Passport is an added feature that a few use, but so far, I have not seen that it actually helps. Basically is a written log of the states/countries it has made it to.

I'm not sure which passport you are referring to but providing information along with your bug is always a good idea. Many people get by without adding anything at all. Up to you.

I, like Gummee, do recommend adding a laminated tag. Basic information providing:

A. It's a travel bug

B. How to log it

C. Goal/Mission.

Looking at your bug, since it does have a location specific goal you'll do better by providing that information along with the bug. Without it someone will pick up your bug, carry it a few thousand miles away and then check the mission online. If that's not a problem, then don't worry about it. :D

If you want to add an html link, insert this on the bug page.

<a href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC1CT4N+&Submit6=Go">(GC1CT4N)</a>

One more suggestion. In addition to stating that you want it to travel to a specific cache say where that is, town, region, provence whatever. That way they know which direction the cache is from where they picked it up.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Many thanks to Gitchee-Gummee and BlueDuece for their advice. Was able to retrieve our TB as it hadn't been grabbed (we have had a bit if a winter this year) and it is now properly labelled! Thanks too for the code to add a link which looks loads better - very useful! :D