**COINTESTER'S COINTEST**

opalsns

This cointest is ONLY for Folks that have ever had a Cointest here on this forum

AND

gave away 1 or more ....

UNACTIVATED GEOCOIN that is TRACKABLE at geocaching.com ( not Adopted over geocoins.)

OR A Non- Trackable Geocoin as long as it was in a COINTEST!!!!

*********COINTEST***********

Only Cointest Entries posts

No Commenting posts

No Pictures ( some folks don't have fast enough internet )

2 Entries per person

I decide who gets the Unactivated, Trackable Geocoin Of My Choice,

AND

How I choose.

and How Many I give out.

My game

My rules !!!!!!!

PICK A WORD, 1 WORD THAT DESCRIBES THE DAY OR NIGHT YOU ARE HAVING ANY WHY !!!

FAMILY FRIENDLY !!!!!!!!!!!!

NO CUSSSSSSSING!!!!!!!!!!

1 post now and

One post later on as you day changes.

I think That's it.

I'll pick a winner tonight.

Edited by opalsns

"Recovering"

Summer Grace (our 2-year-old) has been sick (stomach flu) and required an extremely distressing late-night hospital visit*, she's doing much much better. Pat looked like he might be coming down with something, but it turned out it was more exhaustion because of the late-night hospital visit (and doing laundry until 3am), and he's doing better now that he's had a chance to rest. And I just got done with four 12-hour work days and caught up with my sleep. So "recovering" it is!

*I hate it when she has to get an IV. She's so young. The first time, she was too young to talk, so she just screamed while we had to hold her down ( ;) !). This time, she was articulate enough to say "OW! OW! OW! OW!" and cry, and sob "Mommy! Mommyyyy!" (Boy, did I ever want to cry at that.) They had to take some other samples, too, which were even less pleasant. But the IV perked her up so much that by about 10pm, she said, "I'm feeling much better. I'm ready to go home now!" What a relief! Oh, thank goodness for modern medicine -- as awful as it seems to be, it's so much less awful than not having it.

Edited to add: Thanks for the cointest! : )

Edited by Jackalgirl

Sluggish....

It always takes me awhile to get back up to speed the morning after a migraine. I was hoping to stay late and get some work done last night when around 3pm my head exploded. I spent much of the afternoon in the bathroom throwing up before feeling safe to drive home. At which point I went to sleep for the next 14 hours. Now I'm trying to get some work done (obviously, by visiting the forums!), it just drains so much out of me. But I'm relieved the pain is gone.

Thanks for the cointest ;)

Edit to add: Jackalgirl, I'm glad your daughter is recovering :ph34r: Sounds like you had an awful night too ;)

Edited by ThirstyMick

Focused.

I decided to take back my life after being ill and out of shape for too long. I was feeling like a victim and I didn't like that. So started running and exercising. Our local YMCA is having a series of Polar Bear Runs and I've entered, as an additional motivation to my goals, and have been dropping my times right along and losing weight.

Edited to add: I was too quick on the "submit button" - Prayers for Jackalgirl's little Summer Grace.

And thanks for the cointest, opalsns...WHEN is your coin coming out????!!?!??!? <lust>

Edited by ATMouse

Are you talking about today?

HUH..... LONELY!!! ;)

Why? Today my girlfriend and I are celebrating 10 years together! Unfortunatelly she is working and she is living in her village, so.... We are not spending this day together! ;)

No, no marriage on the way! :D I do not have a full time job, she is not ready so.... ..... Of course you never know what the future will bring! ;)

Our relationship is a little strange but with lots of Love! It is strange becasue we may be 10 years together, but we are not spending lots of time together! The last 5 years we can only see eachother only when she has some days off (5 days in whole year she can be in the city!!!), or I can see her for a couple of hours once a month or less when she takes the bus and comes to the city! I can not go there because the village is ... village! Many eyes to see you, many things to tell... it is a closed comunity and this is not so good for things like that!

Of course we are talking in the phone but this is not enough! :ph34r:

I haven't seen her for a month now and I am saying to her that I haven't seen her from last year (2009! ;) )! If the weather is good she will be here for some hours tomorrow, so I will be the happiest man on Earth! I just hope the weathermen will be wrong! they are expecting huge rainfalls from this night! :huh:

As you can see... today I feel so lonely!!!! :)

I just hope in my next post tomorrow to be with a huge smile! :D

thank you my friend for the cointest! :)

Overwhelmed

I thought some people would say TGIF but for me all the days are the same since I'm not working. I got up this am and went downstairs to the kitchen and looked around again. The kitchen is all torn up and one bathroom too. I can't do all the work myself--tiling the floor yes, but I can't move the sheets of plywood to put in the new subfloor. The person who was going to help me can't do it anymore because of surgery. I have to hire someone and can't because the money ran out. I have to sell the house because I can't afford it but can't sell because there is work to do. Sigh.....Its a vicious circle. I have to get these things done before my son's wedding this spring so people can stay here and I just don't know how I can do that as I am overwhelmed to the point that I don't know where to start. Its one small job at a time and then when that is finished I come here to reward myself..... ;) (I also have the ipod blaring so that I can sing along. No one wants to be around me when I do that I know for sure.) ;)

My computer time is about up and its back to the grindstone. I shall see how this particular day progresses and post again later -- maybe.

Sluggish....

It always takes me awhile to get back up to speed the morning after a migraine. I was hoping to stay late and get some work done last night when around 3pm my head exploded. I spent much of the afternoon in the bathroom throwing up before feeling safe to drive home. At which point I went to sleep for the next 14 hours. Now I'm trying to get some work done (obviously, by visiting the forums!), it just drains so much out of me. But I'm relieved the pain is gone.

Thanks for the cointest ;)

Edit to add: Jackalgirl, I'm glad your daughter is recovering :ph34r: Sounds like you had an awful night too ;)

Maybe I'm posting again too soon for my updated word, but now I am:

"me"

Yes, me, I feel like myself again. Sipping tea and glazing over my work all morning, some switch just flipped about half an hour ago, im still feeling a little slow but the drained feeling has progressed to a calm, my focus is back. I'm looking out of much clearer eyes than I woke up with. I do believe I can handle the rest of this day. Maybe even finish everything I need to finish :huh:

Frustrated!

We have a daughter with ADD who is having severe problems in school. I just got off the phone with the school to set up a meeting between my husband, myself, her teachers and the school psychologist.

I don't know if I qualify as my cointest is still running, but thank you for giving me a chance to vent ;)

SURPRISED.

I am surprised at how getting out of the house is so good for my outlook! I dropped my 3 yo off for a playdate and took my 6 week old to my old place of work to visit with some friends/old coworkers. It was great to converse with adults and get some fresh air (and fresh it was! -13 degrees celsius!). I have a renewed positive outlook right now!

FRUSTRATING!

My car needs some (probably)significant work to it, and I would rather get something new rather than put work into this one. I found one that I am interested in seeing, but the guy who owns the lot is not there for some reason. I talked to him this morning, and he said that he would be there. I had my friend (who is a mechanic) come up to test drive it with me, but the guy wasn't there. I keep delaying my appointment in the shop to have my current car fixed, in case I am able to swing a deal with this guy, but he won't show up. I need to resolve this today, as everyone is closed on Sunday, and tomorrow I'll be tied up as my parents are coming into town for a visit. VERY FRUSTRATING DAY!!!

(PS...Thanx for the cointest, and for letting me vent! I really appreciate all of my friends out there in geocoinville!)

CONFUSED

(because I haven't seen a "1 word post" yet. Since I'm not entering I can be wordy. Are they following your rules correctly Opalsns?)

As Long as they ...

HAVE HAD A COINTEST AND GAVE OUT 1 OR MORE UNACTIVATED/TRACKABLE OR NON TRACKABLE

GEOCOINS ( not ADOPTED over), Then They are OK, Because I asked ...

1 word to describe the day there having and why.

Gee, You Must Have Missed That. :lostsignal:

Its dark out and the moon is full so I am writing my second post. The word is

DISGUSTED

This IS family friendly as I bet the kids will love this and either laugh or be grossed out. I have been on poop patrol. I can just see that you are saying to yourself "Of course someone with 3 dogs should be on poop patrol" but this is different. You see one of my dogs ate 2/3 of an empty aluminum pop can--mountain dew to be exact. Ever since then I have been on poop patrol. One of my friends told me that I am so cheap that I am waiting for the UPC code to come out so I can drop it in the machine for the 10 cent deposit. I was happy to report to her that the UPC is on the 1/3 part of the can that wasn't eaten. :lostsignal:

Each day I have checked and nothing to note has been deposited until today. I found a tootsie roll pop wrapper and the entire stick. Can you just imagine what it felt like to pass a stick like that whole? Its my "doodie" to pick through that stuff and its been so much fun I can hardly tell you. I don't know which one did the dirty deed either. As soon I let them use the computer though I bet they will go to their favorite site www.baddogs.com and report to their bad dog buddies what they have done! Now I just have to wait and see which one posts and then I will catch the culprit!! {{{{in an evil Halloween toned laugh}}}}

Now you can see why this afternoon has been disgusting......Well actually I'm disgusted because I still don't know which one it is and I can't give up this fun and rewarding patrol just yet. The tootsie roll was deposited when I wasn't looking........

Its dark out and the moon is full so I am writing my second post. The word is

DISGUSTED

This IS family friendly as I bet the kids will love this and either laugh or be grossed out. I have been on poop patrol. I can just see that you are saying to yourself "Of course someone with 3 dogs should be on poop patrol" but this is different. You see one of my dogs ate 2/3 of an empty aluminum pop can--mountain dew to be exact. Ever since then I have been on poop patrol. One of my friends told me that I am so cheap that I am waiting for the UPC code to come out so I can drop it in the machine for the 10 cent deposit. I was happy to report to her that the UPC is on the 1/3 part of the can that wasn't eaten. :lostsignal:

Each day I have checked and nothing to note has been deposited until today. I found a tootsie roll pop wrapper and the entire stick. Can you just imagine what it felt like to pass a stick like that whole? Its my "doodie" to pick through that stuff and its been so much fun I can hardly tell you. I don't know which one did the dirty deed either. As soon I let them use the computer though I bet they will go to their favorite site www.baddogs.com and report to their bad dog buddies what they have done! Now I just have to wait and see which one posts and then I will catch the culprit!! {{{{in an evil Halloween toned laugh}}}}

Now you can see why this afternoon has been disgusting......Well actually I'm disgusted because I still don't know which one it is and I can't give up this fun and rewarding patrol just yet. The tootsie roll was deposited when I wasn't looking........

just a doggie doing the dew doo...it had to be said!

ILYK

Tumultuous

Definitions:

Marked by violent or overwhelming turbulence or upheaval

Confusedly or violently agitated

I thought possibly it would be a good day since it is a TGIF and all....

BUT the phone rings at 4:30 a.m., and the voice on the other end says did I wake you?

NOOOOOO.....

So the voice says since you are up do you think you could come here to site and have a look at this for me.

So I get out of bed, crawl to the shower, get dressed, and head out into the single digit cold, with windchill in the NEGATIVE zone..... HOW REFRESHING AND CRISP :D

I drive to the site and on the way a Deer jumps out in front of me so I hit the brakes and you guessed it ...

Spilled my coffee in my lap well now I am WARM, at least my lap is.

I head into the locker room change to head underground, find my ride and ask where is the guy who belongs tothe voice that called me @ 4:30 a.m.?

I hear " Oh he called off today but we needed help and he said you could handle it :) .

So we head down, start up the track the jeep jumps the track, so we jack and get it back on track, the ride typically takes 60 minutes.

We get to the new section, and yes right near the new fan intake, remember it is in the single digits with a windchill way below zero :D

I do a few checks, FOUND IT, user error less than one hour from start of checking.

Now an hour back out.

So back out we head.......

I head to the locker room, take a shower, get dressed, I smell like coffee :lostsignal:

I head to the truck, turn the key and Click Click Click MMMMMMM, yes I left the interior lights on and killed the battery.....

I got the truck jumped, I drive home hoping for the Deer I have a score to settle ;)

I get home I pull in the driveway I head upsatirs, boy the house smells great I can not wait for this Dinner ;)

You guessed it they are cleaning the table :)

So I guess Tumultuous covers it.

Thanks for the cointest

It has been cathartic.......

My update post:

Cheerful

I'm happy to say that Summer seems to be all better now (thanks everyone for your thoughts & prayers) and is now is back to being a curious, energetic, and entirely too intelligent two-year-old. Pat is feeling much, much better too and now that I've had my second round of sleep I feel human again. Plus, I woke up to find out that my Moebius Geocoin auction for Haiti Relief was successful to the tune of almost $80, well past my wildest expectations. Woo hoo!

Gratified

It’s the weekend

No one got hurt at work

Daughter is moving into her own place and has got it all set up to do it by herself (oh mom and dad will go the day after to help set it up :lostsignal: )

After 10 weeks and 3 days my Christmas Mission arrives in Sweden, they must have used the pony express to Vancouver taken the slow boat to China then dogsled across Europe to get there that fast :) . Then there’s the post, the pictures, the surprise you had hoped you would get ...... then you feel it, that feeling, it was so worth it :)

Thanks opalsns

Challenging

Different day, same challenges. I'm a 1 man printing department trying to keep up with the 15 other people that work for the company. Today I had 2 machines go down at the same time. Challenging. Then I had to figure out what to make for dinner tonight. I'm the male of the house, and yes, I do all the cooking. My wife's co-workers are jealous, because she doesn't have to cook, and that I cook better than they do. Again, challenging. Nuff said.