MyFinds PQ

sejtam

Weird, I was able to generate a My Finds PQ quickly and when I uploaded it to itsnotaboutthenumbers.com it generated the stats just as fast. However, when I pasted the HTML into my profile page I found that it shows nothing - just headings for the items I picked, but no data. Is this just because of server overload, or is something else wrong? I haven't had this happen before, and had not tried to upload the PQ results since before the GC website upgrade. Coincidence?

Tried it again today, it's working now.

Weird, I was able to generate a My Finds PQ quickly and when I uploaded it to itsnotaboutthenumbers.com it generated the stats just as fast. However, when I pasted the HTML into my profile page I found that it shows nothing - just headings for the items I picked, but no data. Is this just because of server overload, or is something else wrong? I haven't had this happen before, and had not tried to upload the PQ results since before the GC website upgrade. Coincidence?

This, I believe, is a problem with the itsnotaboutthenumbers server. It gets overloaded sometimes, and the result is what you report. However, if you look again at your profile when it is not overloaded, it should be fine. At least this has been my experience.

I'm clicking on it, and page refreshes quickly, but button does not "grey out" or disable. Is that normal? As I haven't had use for this function since Sept 09, I don't know what to expect.

How do I know it's "taken"? Short of waiting a few hours to see if it shows up in my email or not?

Yes, that's normal. Yes, you just wait. In normal conditions it will show up within a few minutes. If it takes longer, you come here and see if someone has started a thread about My Finds not working. (In which case, you still wait.)

When you click it, it moves into the "queue" of pocket queries to be generated. The "Add to Queue" button doesn't disable until the pocket query actually runs (not how *I* would have designed it, but that's just me). So clicking it it six or seven times didn't change it. When the PQ generated it changed it. It's kind of like pushing the up button while waiting for an elevator to arrive. Pushing it again doesn't make the door open, but on the sixth or seventh time, the door opens.

Question: If you click it twice does it run the query, wait exactly a week and run it again?

When you click it, it moves into the "queue" of pocket queries to be generated. The "Add to Queue" button doesn't disable until the pocket query actually runs (not how *I* would have designed it, but that's just me). So clicking it it six or seven times didn't change it. When the PQ generated it changed it. It's kind of like pushing the up button while waiting for an elevator to arrive. Pushing it again doesn't make the door open, but on the sixth or seventh time, the door opens.

Question: If you click it twice does it run the query, wait exactly a week and run it again?

Yes sometimes

Is the 'My finds' feature still broken or am I doing something wrong?

I pressed the 'Add to Queue' button but nothing happens. It's not listed in the queue and the last generated date stays as 11/3/09 and no email received.

We tried it a number of times today....we run it every Sunday and it's been more that 7 days by the listed time of the last run....

I really HATE it to wait one week for a new chance to get the myfinds PQ! I would pay a double premium amount to have this daily! This is my only wish to gc.com. Please let it run daily, thanks.

Why would you need this on a daily basis?

-Raine

Glindower wants this every day. Every day people willingly pay for things they want, but don't really need. Many other business models rely of this want/need disparity.

Yes, it is only my wish to have the myfinds PQ daily. In this case it is absolutely irrelevant if you have 14, 141 or 1410 founds to use an "up-to-date" statistic.

I doubt your wish is going to be granted.

In the meantime, you have lots of alternatives that will give you what you want.

(1) Run a daily PQ and select the "I Have Found" box. That will work as long as you have less than 500 finds and they are fairly well clustered within a few hundred km.

(2) Since you want this My Finds, I assume you are using some sort of third party software (i.e. GSAK) to manipulate it. If so, you can use the Send to GPX feature to add new finds to your My Founds database and keep it current that way.

Since you have a relatively small number of finds, these methods should suffice for a good long while. I use #2 and haven't run a My Finds in months.

I doubt your wish is going to be granted.

In the meantime, you have lots of alternatives that will give you what you want.

(1) Run a daily PQ and select the "I Have Found" box. That will work as long as you have less than 500 finds and they are fairly well clustered within a few hundred km.

(2) Since you want this My Finds, I assume you are using some sort of third party software (i.e. GSAK) to manipulate it. If so, you can use the Send to GPX feature to add new finds to your My Founds database and keep it current that way.

Since you have a relatively small number of finds, these methods should suffice for a good long while. I use #2 and haven't run a My Finds in months.

Thanks for this good alternatives.

I will try that and keep my simple premium status ;-)