MyFinds PQ

sejtam

I'm potentially hitting this as well. Submitted it 2 hours 30 minutes ago (about) and it still hasn't run. "Add to Queue" button is still active for it and it's still showing the last run date of 1/6. Hoping it's just a logjam and it will come through sometime in the next 1-24 hours.

I've hit the button a few additional times including just now. Not sure if that drops me to the back of the line or not? (i.e. should I not do this? ;) )

My other PQs have been running without problem.

Edited by rob3k

clicking it to be added to the queue does nothing right now :-(

The reported last date run is >12 days ago, yet it doesn't allow me to trigger it

I've been having this problem for quite some time, and have turned it in to TPTB twice now. I just keep going back and clicking the button until the date changes. I was told to just wait and it will change after the first time you click it, but that's not true. I have clicked it and came back and checked it quite a bit later and it still hadn't changed. Sometimes I have had to click it six or seven times before it changes.

Edited by DWBur

When you click it, it moves into the "queue" of pocket queries to be generated. The "Add to Queue" button doesn't disable until the pocket query actually runs (not how *I* would have designed it, but that's just me). So clicking it it six or seven times didn't change it. When the PQ generated it changed it. It's kind of like pushing the up button while waiting for an elevator to arrive. Pushing it again doesn't make the door open, but on the sixth or seventh time, the door opens.

For those that have had it generated (there's a date/time, but no e-mail), it may be hung up with your ISP - especially if you're getting others. Might it be that there's a size restriction on the files you can receive?

For those that have had it generated (there's a date/time, but no e-mail), it may be hung up with your ISP - especially if you're getting others. Might it be that there's a size restriction on the files you can receive?

If it was hung with the ISP (ie mailed out already) the 'last generated' date on the page should have changed, but it doesn't..

Same here ... doesn't do a thing. Actually I suspect it to be broken for a couple of days, since I tried to get a list of my finds last wednesday but didn't pay any attention when I didn't get it ...

regards,

Martin

I have had all kinds of issues since they have "upgraded" the website, I can't get find pcoket query to run, Always getting error on page, and constantly need to refresh screen to show data, also when pocket queries are run the query is not containing all the logs for caches, random logs are missing when reviewing the cache on GPS'r or just opening in GSAK..So I guess it is kinda the 1 step forward 2 step backward approach..Does anyone no if this is being worked on by the Website gurus????

When you click it, it moves into the "queue" of pocket queries to be generated. The "Add to Queue" button doesn't disable until the pocket query actually runs (not how *I* would have designed it, but that's just me). So clicking it it six or seven times didn't change it. When the PQ generated it changed it. It's kind of like pushing the up button while waiting for an elevator to arrive. Pushing it again doesn't make the door open, but on the sixth or seventh time, the door opens.

I'm sorry but I don't buy what you're saying. My regular PQs work as always and I'll usually have the email in less then two minutes. The My Finds PQ used to work the first time I clicked on the button and I would have my PQ within a couple of minutes. After it quite working I turned it in twice and also did some did some experimenting on my own because I was told exactly what you are saying. One time I would clicked the button until the date changed and I would have my PQ within a minute or two. The next time I would click the button once and if it didn't change I would just leave it alone and wait. One time I waited two days and never did get the PQ. I have repeated this so called experiment two or three different times and the results were always the same. I don't remember when this all started, but if I remember right it was after there was some kind of a software change or upgrade.

Yep, same problem for me. When I click the page refreshes but the date does not change and I do not get the email. My other PQs are working fine. Also I do not enough finds to over load my email system.

But hey you can send you information straight to Twitter!!! Isn’t that the real important thing about the game?

My last successful My Finds PQ was January 17. I have tried several times in the last 10 days. I usually just punch the run button and then check my email sometime later (an hour or a day) because I knew that I wouldn't get any indication on the PQ page until after it ran. Is this bug related to the site upgrade or just a coincidence? I'd like to see a fix soon also.

... Is this bug related to the site upgrade or just a coincidence? I'd like to see a fix soon also.

They were having the same problem three weeks ago, before the upgrade. See a fix soon? I don't doubt someone will bring this back to life again. But if someone worked on your car, and three weeks later the same problem came back, would you say they actually fixed anything?

Pocket Queries, My Finds

Mine never did run. Still showing 1/6 as the last run date. Clicked the button again just now since I was on the page, but I guess that makes no difference.

I'll probably e-mail Groundspeak about it tomorrow or Monday if it's still stuck.

The reported last date run is >12 days ago, yet it doesn't allow me to trigger it

Be patient folks....I finally let it go after about 4-5 clicks. Now an hour or so later it just came in. The system is apparently running a little slow...and clicking on it numerous times won't speed it up.

Be patient folks....I finally let it go after about 4-5 clicks. Now an hour or so later it just came in. The system is apparently running a little slow...and clicking on it numerous times won't speed it up.

I checked mine and it came in about 5 hours later

that's no true at all. When I clicked it it just would refresh the page. After about 15 clicks, it finay greyed out the button and I had my pq in under a min.

It USUALLY takes me 6 clicks to generate. So yes, clickng it over and over again DID work.

that's no true at all. When I clicked it it just would refresh the page. After about 15 clicks, it finay greyed out the button and I had my pq in under a min.

It USUALLY takes me 6 clicks to generate. So yes, clickng it over and over again DID work.

Clicking over and over seems to work, but it is unnecessary. Just like pushing the elevator call button repeatedly is not required.

I push the button once and go on about my work. The PQ arrives shortly. The button doesn't gray out until a screen refresh after the PQ actually ran (not "requested".)

Weird, I was able to generate a My Finds PQ quickly and when I uploaded it to itsnotaboutthenumbers.com it generated the stats just as fast. However, when I pasted the HTML into my profile page I found that it shows nothing - just headings for the items I picked, but no data. Is this just because of server overload, or is something else wrong? I haven't had this happen before, and had not tried to upload the PQ results since before the GC website upgrade. Coincidence?

So, I guess those of us who have not yet found a cache cannot run a My Finds query? I see the following and an error message (not an exception) if I make a GM script to enable the button:

no_finds.gif

Methinks the hamsters have a conspiracy of their own.

So what are you expecting from "My Finds" if you have no finds?

(But you are right. You can't run it if you have no finds.)

So what are you expecting from "My Finds" if you have no finds? (But you are right. You can't run it if you have no finds.)
I have finds on this user account. I've found some caches and the page reported I hadn't.

The problem I reported does seem to be fixed. I wasn't expecting the PQ to run, so changed my email address back to the main one, which loses all PQs sent to it even though I've placed the PQ email server on a white list. Looks like I'll have to wait another week, change email addresses again, and run it.

...that's no true at all. When I clicked it it just would refresh the page. After about 15 clicks, it finay greyed out the button and I had my pq in under a min. It USUALLY takes me 6 clicks to generate. So yes, clickng it over and over again DID work.
Clicking over and over seems to work, but it is unnecessary. Just like pushing the elevator call button repeatedly is not required. I push the button once and go on about my work. The PQ arrives shortly. The button doesn't gray out until a screen refresh after the PQ actually ran (not "requested".)

Sounds somewhat familiar