GPX import for Delorme PN-30

42at42

I imported a GPX file from Toronto Geocaching. I imported the file into Topo 8 and the trails show up nicely in red. I selected a group of 40 tile in a rectangular pattern. I saved them as a map. I transfered the map to my handheld. I made sure the map on the GPS was selected. The trails do not show on my handheld.

Can someone help me?

I know this has probably benn answered a hundred time, but it is hard to drill down through all the topics discussed.

The trails do not go over in the Topo data, but rather as a draw layer. When you cut the map, check the options to make sure that "Draw layer" is toggled on. You can cut the map file to consist solely of the draw layer, or include it as a part of a package with other data types.

Once you transfer it to your PN-30, if it doesn't display go to Map Setup and insure that Draw Layers are toggled on for display. I think you also need to have imagery display on.

Let us know if this isn't sufficient to get it working for you.

Sounds like you covered the Data Management screen, where the map names are listed. Are Draw Layers toggled on in the PN's Data Layering screen? (That's where the data types are specified).

All I am showing on then Data Layering screen are

colordoqq

cdn50k

topo usa 8

They are all checked.

The uploaded map is checked.

Check your procedure against my video and see if you might be missing a step.

I watched it as I tried to save and exchange the map.

It still isn't working?

I am probably missing something simple.

Sounds like you covered the Data Management screen, where the map names are listed. Are Draw Layers toggled on in the PN's Data Layering screen? (That's where the data types are specified).

All I am showing on then Data Layering screen are

colordoqq

cdn50k

topo usa 8

They are all checked.

The uploaded map is checked.

Check your procedure against my video and see if you might be missing a step.

I watched it as I tried to save and exchange the map.

It still isn't working?

I am probably missing something simple.

Do you have the layer on Topo as Track? Create a new Draw, make sure the new Draw is Active, then copy them to the Draw and then try the cut and exchange.

Edited by TotemLake