New GeoGold™ Trackable Items

CacheHunters42

WOW! the escudo is fantastic!!! The only thing that got my eye as a mistake was the SS in the back side... one S on the left and one on the right of the seal.... I think in the real coins it was 8 S menaing 8 scudi! :D

The doubloon was actually the 8 escudos coin! <_<

I like it!!! Very good job my friend! :rolleyes:

I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) - Only Sterling Silver is marked ".999", and REAL Gold is marked "One TROY Ounce"

~J

Actually, the .999 is correct - it refers to the purity of the alloy (in this case, 99.9% gold). Sterling silver is marked 925 because it it 92.5% silver (fine/pure silver is marked 999). The Troy oz is a measurement of the weight of the ingot, not the purity of the metal. Sorry to get all precious metal geeky on you! :)

PS - I am surprised that these won't need some sort of "copy" marking on them, as they may be construed as counterfeit?

Tiki

great coins...my favorite is the dabloon (no spelling to check as compared to escudo!)

ILYK

edited to add, did i spell dabloon correctly?

:) The real name is Doubloon! So the Op has it incorrect too! :D

I also have to correct one of my older posts!

thos coin is not A doubloon, even if they used to call them like that! the doubloon was the 2 escudos gold coin! Doubloon actually means double!!! The coin that you see here as geocoin is an 8 escudos coin, so it is a 4 doubloon coin! :lostsignal:

About the mint that I posted it is Mexico.... the mintmark is the M with a tiny o on the top! :)

:o The real name is Doubloon! So the Op has it incorrect too! :(

Dabloon or Doubloon, it's a pretty cool coin and it would suck if there's a problem that would keep it from being minted :)

And let me ask this, I don't find myself at all drawn to the ingots or the bars.

Is that poor taste or is it just because they've been done already? I recently ordered a number of travel coins from C&P (end of Nov) and deliberately passed on the ingots and went for one of the little aluminum cuties that I suspect will get stolen even faster than the ingots might.