Welcome to New Cachers in the Gulf

Carbon Hunter

My posting here may be a little premature but why not...?

I've recently accepted a post at Abu Dhabi International airport and will be arriving on the 7th March. Need to get my ducks in a row, get a new GPSR and then I'm in the game...

I look forward to meeting some new cachers and doing some of those desert ones!!

I already owe a big thank you to Carbon Hunter for his help and support...

29 sleeps...

My posting here may be a little premature but why not...?

I've recently accepted a post at Abu Dhabi International airport and will be arriving on the 7th March. Need to get my ducks in a row, get a new GPSR and then I'm in the game...

I look forward to meeting some new cachers and doing some of those desert ones!!

I already owe a big thank you to Carbon Hunter for his help and support...

29 sleeps...

Welcome to the ME!! Hope to see your logs soon and maybe even meet at an Event sometime. Perhaps a visit to Qatar as well - only 25 mins away from AUH! Wait until you get here before buying a GPSr - they are half the price here than in SA.

Boulist 44 & Aussie Pixie from France are visiting Doha again in Feb.

We will be spending a few days in the Oman and a few days in ADH so with a bit of luck we should grab quite a few of your gulf caches so as to add more international logs to your caches.

Happy caching to all you gulf cachers.

Boulist 44 & Aussie Pixie from France are visiting Doha again in Feb.

We will be spending a few days in the Oman and a few days in ADH so with a bit of luck we should grab quite a few of your gulf caches so as to add more international logs to your caches.

Happy caching to all you gulf cachers.

Ahlan ... As they say here for "Welcome". Let us know if you need any help.

Leosoul

Thanks for the warm welcome. My wife, 8 month old baby boy and I have been in Al Ain since August. We're fairly new to caching, but I absolutely love it. Its fun and free! We'll be here until July, so hopefully we'll rack up a bunch of caches before we leave for the summer! We also planted our first cache in Al Ain last weekend, and I've already got 3 nano cache containers in the mail on the way to me. So be looking for more caches from me in the near future! Looking forward to meeting up with all/any of you as well!

Thanks again for the welcome!

- Rob

Hello to you all!

Can't wait till Sunday when I fly out to Oman. We're going to spend a week and some at Khasab, mostly for diving of course, but hopefully I can find some caches, too. Currently I'm trying to put a map to my GPX, but failing miserably.

:sad:

Hopefully, all will be find the time I arrive.

Regards,

/Carsti

Hi this is Mrs me N u from Riyadh - one of the founders of Saudi Geocachers www.saudigeocachers.com

We are now 1 year old! and organize trips (day or camping) to get those hard to reach caches. Our goal is to bag every cache in Saudi Arabia before we leave - this also means maintenance and replacements where needed .

Head over to the website and get to know the cachers in Saudi Arabia! ;) We are also on Twitter and Facebook - spread the fun!

Hello, I will be arriving in the ME soon from Okinawa. I was surprised to see geocaches here. I'm not sure why I thought there wouldn't be any. I'm positively packing my GPSr now. Hopefully I'll find the time and be allowed to go a couple of times a month.

Welcome - where will you be based? There are caches pretty much across the Gulf region.

Check out the Saudi Geocachers website for some good preparation

Hello, I will be arriving in the ME soon from Okinawa. I was surprised to see geocaches here. I'm not sure why I thought there wouldn't be any. I'm positively packing my GPSr now. Hopefully I'll find the time and be allowed to go a couple of times a month.

Welcome - where will you be based? There are caches pretty much across the Gulf region.

Check out the Saudi Geocachers website for some good preparation before coming - lots f info on summer heat, desert caching, off road driving etc.

Hi - can't say I will be a Gulf Cacher long term, but will be there for about a week on business. Looking forward to getting some caches in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain. But have to play it by ear as unsure of our exact business trip schedule. As of now, will land in Bahrain around 5 March. Drive into SA. Depending how long negotiations last, stay about there (in and around Khobar). Am hoping to add a couple countries to our list (and our first in the Middle East).

Greetings All!

My name is Meeper and im some what new to Saudi Arabia!! Ive been here for 6 months and have 8 to go! Ive been starting to hit caches out here and hope to hit everyone in the country! If anyone is looking for someone to cache with let me know, im always ready to go!!

-Meeper "Reep" ----(,, ,,)'>

Greetings All!

My name is Meeper and im some what new to Saudi Arabia!! Ive been here for 6 months and have 8 to go! Ive been starting to hit caches out here and hope to hit everyone in the country! If anyone is looking for someone to cache with let me know, im always ready to go!!

Welcome meeper - it's great to have new cachers in the area - especially those that are already well versed with the game. Hope you get to meet with the other locals while you are here

Greetings All!

Hi Meeper

We will see you on April 28 at the 1st Saudi CITO!

In the meantime, if you want to organize or suggest a cache hunt - let other cachers in Saudi Arabia know - post it on Events on the website :-D Just log on and go to the Members Menu. Other members/geocachers will see the posting and can contact you directly.

If you want an email sent to members, sent your text to admin@saudigeocachers.com and we'll help you.

Cheers, me N u

Took me sometime to find the forum .. my name is Saud from UAE .. am a brand new cacher .. 5 successful finds so far .. a bit slow due to some commitments these days .. it's been fun finding those caches and am planning to hide some soon .. found some names that I know from offroading clubs .. and looking forward to meeting u all in your events.

take care and enjoy caching.

Salam!

Suppose We should say hi. Been active in Abu Dhabi for on a year now and never been on this forum.

This is not a welcome but a sad goodbye to Carbon Hunter who is leaving the UAE for pastures elsewhere.

Grant I will keep your Expat Geocoin for a while and will take it to Saudi and Kazakhstan with me.

Hello everyone... i'm theroadwife and we are going to be in Kuwait for several more weeks (if not a couple months). thinking of taking a vacation to Dubai at the end of the job. I'm about 85 caches to date, SO CLOSE to my 100 goal for the year-but since Kuwait doesn't have that many non-military ones I don't think I'm going to make it! :(

Hi everyone, greetings from the UK. I was in Dubai a few weeks ago on business and found some caches. Went up the Burj Khalifa and got the earth cache at the bottom. Also did four geocaches around dubai marina. very nice indeed.

I will be in Riyadh, saudi Arabia for work flying out Friday 8th of December, with free time on Saterday 9th. I was hopeing to get some caches saterday. Is there any caches you can recomend. Also is it safe for a westerner to geocache on their own?

Any info / recomendations will be greatly recieved.

Regards,

Langerz

Hello from Riyadh!

Unfortunately, our work week is Saturday to Wednesday, so we cache on Thurs or Fri. If you are here over a couple of weekends, please PM us or email at menugeocaching@gmail.com and we'll see if we can arrange a trip of some sort. Of note is that most caches around Riyadh (at least the good ones - as far as we are concerned) are in the desert and need a 4X4 to reach them. There are some urban caches, but not many. It is safe for westerners to be out caching in the desert - however, in the interests of safety, you should have at least one more car with you (just in case yours breaks down, gets stuck etc) For recommended caches, have a look at our profile - Mr me N u has marked some favourites.

Drop us an email and we'll see how we can help you. You also might want to try the website www.saudigeocachers.com for info on geocaching/offroading in the desert.

Regards, Mrs me N u

Hi everyone, greetings from the UK. I was in Dubai a few weeks ago on business and found some caches. Went up the Burj Khalifa and got the earth cache at the bottom. Also did four geocaches around dubai marina. very nice indeed.

I will be in Riyadh, saudi Arabia for work flying out Friday 8th of December, with free time on Saterday 9th. I was hopeing to get some caches saterday. Is there any caches you can recomend. Also is it safe for a westerner to geocache on their own?

Any info / recomendations will be greatly recieved.

Regards,

Langerz

I'm not a Gulf Cacher per se, but will be caching in the Gulf on an extended layover in Dubai.

My hope is to get at least one or two caches in Dubai and one or two in Abu Dhabi during my layover. It just so happens to be on 29 Feb, so hoping to attend the "1st UAE Leap Year Special Event".