Group coin for GeoWoostock?

Suzyfishn

Here's the photo samples! IHE enamel sample as well as a pantone "translucent" - This is different from traditional translucents. They put a slight texture behind the color, giving a glowing almost glittery look! Pretty! The mint missed getting us a translucent cow sample, but I've posted another coin with the technique on it.

Also checking timelines, and will likely close orders for this project on April 30 (maybe April 23), so if you are thinking of ordering and haven't yet, get that to me soon! See post 71 for how-to instructions.

Front IHE

4518186932_836ed5da92_o.jpg

Back IHE

4520319855_7f5e921e23_o.jpg

Translucent

4520902956_7740efa909_o.jpg

Here's who has ordered so far. If you think you've ordered and DON'T see your name here, email me ASAP! This project will close Friday, APRIL 30. If you still would like in on this project, see post 71 for order info.

CONFIRMED ORDERS

FairyHoney (and a split order with OCTHILCL)

911turbos & MrsB

NOSNOW

Moozer

Toojin

TeamEccs21

LuckyDuckie & LuckyMonkey

Shadow's Friend

EDISTO PATTO

mum beanz

lil beanz

Seek&GoHide

goaliegirl38

FluteFace

Tank Hounds & Eat Mor Ckn

Laval K-9

JohnMac56

Johnslady56

Here's who has ordered so far. If you think you've ordered and DON'T see your name here, email me ASAP! This project will close Friday, APRIL 30. If you still would like in on this project, see post 71 for order info.

CONFIRMED ORDERS

FairyHoney (and a split order with OCTHILCL)

911turbos & MrsB

NOSNOW

Moozer

Toojin

TeamEccs21

LuckyDuckie & LuckyMonkey

Shadow's Friend

EDISTO PATTO

mum beanz

lil beanz

Seek&GoHide

goaliegirl38

FluteFace

Tank Hounds & Eat Mor Ckn

Laval K-9

JohnMac56

Johnslady56

River Cacher

Message I received from suzyfishn on April 28th

I'm submitting the order first of next week. You will be getting an invoice through PayPal from Hogwild Coins, who is doing the minting.

They didn't think they were sending invoices out until late May/early June. I will keep you posted!

Suzyfishn

Still no invoice here :rolleyes: ?????

suzyfishn is on an alaskan cruise but is due back monday and i am sure will answer all your questions then.

rsg

Lesss than a month to GW, seems like an awful short to get money collected and coins made.

Fingers crossed

i think it is hogwild that is handling all those details. susan just put it all together, but she will have something to say i am sure!

rsg

Well, I'm back from vacation, but haven't had an opportunity to check all my emails or get on the web for the past 10 days.

Hogwild folks thought they'd have the invoices out before I left, don't know what the hold up is. But don't panic! She assured me we had plenty of time - especially since this isn't a larger order and the mint is very reliable. If I don't have an update email from them, I will contact her Wednesday when I return to work and let ya know the skinny :unsure:

Well, I'm back from vacation, but haven't had an opportunity to check all my emails or get on the web for the past 10 days.

Hogwild folks thought they'd have the invoices out before I left, don't know what the hold up is. But don't panic! She assured me we had plenty of time - especially since this isn't a larger order and the mint is very reliable. If I don't have an update email from them, I will contact her Wednesday when I return to work and let ya know the skinny :unsure:

~ THANK YOU !

I did hear back from the minting gal today. She is ready to send out invoices. And the finished coins are expected to be in her hands within a week! yippee.

Except for a couple of folks who aren't attending GW, all coins will be sent to me and I will deliver them to you at the event....

I still have to iron out the where/time, etc.

dadgum, how did I skip over this for so long, kind of bummed I didn't jump in on this...

Are there ones being minted without any names on them or a way for me to get one?

Bummer! Sorry you missed these. But I'm sure some folks are willing to do trades for their coins - although they aren't getting them until I see them at GW. Most have ordered 50 or more. I have an extra sample coin - it's purply-pinkish - you can see the samples in this thread that I can give ya. It does have the mint name on the back - but they are cute coins.

Edited by Suzyfishn

My invoice showed up a bit over an hour ago. There is a $3 shipping fee, but I assume that is shipping to you (Suzyfishn), so I'm whippin' out the checkbook (ok, PayPal) and payin'. Thanks for the work you did with this and putting up with my Pantone Purple. :blink:

The coins are shipping to me for delivery at GW. That $3 fee was to cover some paypal cost which I mentioned a while back. They had to guestimate at that time what it would be, which the mint gal thought would be in the $2-$3 range. Looks like they flat rated $3 to everyone, which I'm sure helps covers a bit of the shipping cost, too. I have no problem with that since we got such a good rate on the coins.

I will figuring out a meeting location at GW - maybe at the Midnight Madness coin event - to get you all your coins. Might have to have a "moo-night" cow coin trade amongst ourselves!

I think it would be better to try and meet at the Friday night event so we have them for Saturday as well.
That's what I'm thinking....I have an 8 hr drive to get up there. Staying at relatives in Issaquah, and want to attend the Fri night coin event.

FYI GC261XB is the Friday night Meet and Greet Luau from 3 to 7 at Lake Sammamish State Park

GC1Y7F7 is Midnight Geocoin Madness on Saturday from 9:30 - 12 at the Redmond Marriott.

I also hope that you will be able to distribute the coins at the Luau on Friday.

dadgum, how did I skip over this for so long, kind of bummed I didn't jump in on this...

Are there ones being minted without any names on them or a way for me to get one?

Bummer! Sorry you missed these. But I'm sure some folks are willing to do trades for their coins - although they aren't getting them until I see them at GW. Most have ordered 50 or more. I have an extra sample coin - it's purply-pinkish - you can see the samples in this thread that I can give ya. It does have the mint name on the back - but they are cute coins.

I'd love to have a sample coin. Should I come meet you at midnight madness or figure it out now? Also, how much would you want for one?

I'd love to have a sample coin. Should I come meet you at midnight madness or figure it out now? Also, how much would you want for one?

You don't have to buy it, I'll give you the sample. And barring unforseen circumstances I was planning on going to the Luau... but I can mail the coin if you'd like it earlier!

The mini moos are done! :laughing::(

Trying to coordinate with the gal now for distribution at GW. The mint gal is attending GW and if all goes to plan she will distribute some to those who can pickup as early as Thursday evening (location not yet decided) and for sure on Friday at the luau. That way they will be available for your trading pleasure throughout the weekend!

See you all soon!

That way they will be available for your trading pleasure throughout the weekend!

Excellent !! :huh: Is "the mint gal" Sharon / Mama Cache ?

Sharon it is (I didn't know her cache name!) She - and me too - will be at the Friday luau event to hand them out (she decided Thursday was too iffy time wise). It will be nice to see everyone and put faces with names! Guess she's gonna be near the Oak Coin boys. She hadn't set up a specific time but said you die-hard coiners will have no trouble finding her!

That way they will be available for your trading pleasure throughout the weekend!
Excellent !! :huh: Is "the mint gal" Sharon / Mama Cache ?
Sharon it is (I didn't know her cache name!) She - and me too - will be at the Friday luau event to hand them out (she decided Thursday was too iffy time wise). It will be nice to see everyone and put faces with names! Guess she's gonna be near the Oak Coin boys. She hadn't set up a specific time but said you die-hard coiners will have no trouble finding her!

All one has to do is listen for Mama Cache... and follow the trail of lost sunglasess, keys, etc

Who all got these coins? I would love to trade for all of them. I have my chocolate cow for trade. I will post pictures of it after I get home on Monday or Tuesday.

I have:

Toojin (of course !!)

River Cacher

Fairyhoney

JohnMac56

JohnsLady56

FluteFace

Suzyfishn

and one that says Eat Mor Ckn

I will actually do my best to post pictures of all that I have in a few days.