Group coin for GeoWoostock?

Suzyfishn

Thanks to all who have responded so far - I have already been in touch with you.

If others out there are interested in this group coin project, email me through my GC.com profile and I will contact you with details. The more the merrier!

I've forwarded some of the info you've sent me, also. Maybe there will be a Great response. You haven't said which version you are going with and will it have the Space Needle <_< ???

Thanks to all who have responded so far - I have already been in touch with you.

If others out there are interested in this group coin project, email me through my GC.com profile and I will contact you with details. The more the merrier!

I've forwarded some of the info you've sent me, also. Maybe there will be a Great response. You haven't said which version you are going with and will it have the Space Needle :) ???

Hi FairyHoney! Visit the Twitter page to see the art. We went with the simpler design

<snip>You haven't said which version you are going with and will it have the Space Needle :) ???

Hi FairyHoney! Visit the Twitter page to see the art. We went with the simpler design

I do not tweet... Would it be possible, please to post art and into here please?

I am interested, but do need pertinent information.

<snip>You haven't said which version you are going with and will it have the Space Needle ;) ???

I do not tweet... Would it be possible, please to post art and into here please?

I am interested, but do need pertinent information.

I'm not a tweeter either. While I'm interested in a coin, I don't know if I can do it sight unseen.

I just noticed this thread, I am really slow sometimes...

This coin looks pretty cool. First question: are they going to be handed only at the event? If we can't be there... no way to get in?

And... It sounds like 50 is the minimum to be ordered. A bit too much for me. I was never involved in a group coin (well, I never had a personal coin made either) so I am not sure if this is possible but I wonder if we could have like a "group color" and maybe a few of us could pool together to get these 50 group colored coins...

Just asking, sorry if my questions are really silly. :anicute:

This coin looks pretty cool. First question: are they going to be handed only at the event? If we can't be there... no way to get in?

And... It sounds like 50 is the minimum to be ordered. A bit too much for me. I was never involved in a group coin (well, I never had a personal coin made either) so I am not sure if this is possible but I wonder if we could have like a "group color" and maybe a few of us could pool together to get these 50 group colored coins...

Just asking, sorry if my questions are really silly. :anicute:

I wouldn't mind splitting 25/ 25 - as I want more than 50 - with you (or whatever) BUT I thought we were also getting OUR geonick on them, also . . .

I wouldn't mind splitting 25/ 25 - as I want more than 50 - with you (or whatever) BUT I thought we were also getting OUR geonick on them, also . . .

That would be really cool, thanks for this. As for geonick... yes, that's true but I thought if it's doable to do each coin with a different name (as someone suggested to do nickname001 nickname002 and so on) it's also possible to do 25 with a name and 25 different.

If this is not possible, maybe the group ones can have a generic name, not sure what but we can think of something.

Edited by pezeke13

Hi,

Just an idea for maybe a Future Geocoin,

Little spoon geocoins, Like the kind people collect.

One for each state, There could be individual enamel coloring.

Just a thought

COOL IDEA you got there :):D

To Funny.

I had been looking into doing spoon coins for each state.

There has been a few done out of US.

My aunt collects spoons and this is how i thought of this.

This would make a great group coin in the future.

For people (like me) who are twitter averse and/or might like to see all the information in one place...

Major thanks to suzyfishn for coordinating this... here is her latest e-mail.

Hi all,

Time for me to start getting your info on the particulars for your cow coin. This email is going to all of you that have already been in touch with me with a definite "yes" to the project. Much of this same info will also be posted on Twitter. If you have friends that are interested, feel free to forward/copy this info on and have them email it to me at this address (centralorgeocachers at gmail dot com).

Please email me the following:

1. Your Real Name:

2. Cache Name (if applicable):

3. How many coins (if over 50):

4. Pantone color number (please specify solid or translucent):

5. Engraving (up to 12 letters, including spaces):

6. PayPal Email for invoicing:

7. Pickup at GW or mail (include mailing address):

You can view Pantone swatches at www.supreme-creations.co.uk/pantone_colours.pdf . We can use any color except ones marked with X2.

Thanks!

Suzyfishn

4417789606_d07d26a908_b.jpg

Thanks for posting this here so we have a reference in this thread. I have a question regarding the engraving. At some point, someone mentioned that she/he wants the geoname to end with a "variable" number, if I recall it was something like "username_001" "username_002". Is this how it will work? It seems a lot of work for the minter but what do I know about coins... mostly nothing :D

Or is it just gonna be the same engraving on all, no additional serial number or stuff?

i am under the impression that pantone colours are soft enamels and do not come in translucent? and does anybody know what "frosted enamels" mean? the only translucent charts i have seen are imitation hard enamels and do not encompass the entire pantone spectrum.

somebody who knows this stuff, feel free to jump in!

rsg

i am under the impression that pantone colours are soft enamels and do not come in translucent? and does anybody know what "frosted enamels" mean? the only translucent charts i have seen are imitation hard enamels and do not encompass the entire pantone spectrum.

somebody who knows this stuff, feel free to jump in!

rsg

pantones are not transcluent... I thought frosted was the same as satin in platings... but not sure.

That would be really cool, thanks for this. As for geonick... yes, that's true but I thought if it's doable to do each coin with a different name (as someone suggested to do nickname001 nickname002 and so on) it's also possible to do 25 with a name and 25 different.

If this is not possible, maybe the group ones can have a generic name, not sure what but we can think of something.

We've received our email from the original doer of this and I want to give my info - how shall I proceed with this If you want as I want mine to have MY name. IF we can split 50 into 25-one name/ 25 another name will need to know ASAP. could you please (when you find out) email me via GC account :D

We've received our email from the original doer of this and I want to give my info - how shall I proceed with this If you want as I want mine to have MY name. IF we can split 50 into 25-one name/ 25 another name will need to know ASAP. could you please (when you find out) email me via GC account :D

Emailed you just now. My idea is a no go unfortunately.

We've received our email from the original doer of this and I want to give my info - how shall I proceed with this If you want as I want mine to have MY name. IF we can split 50 into 25-one name/ 25 another name will need to know ASAP. could you please (when you find out) email me via GC account :)

Emailed you just now. My idea is a no go unfortunately.

You CAN split an order with a friend ... it would be the same cow color, but each set of 25 would have your unique name! And one person would be responsible for collecting the $$ from the other party and sending one payment to keep things straight.

Just asking, sorry if my questions are really silly. :)

Yes, you can get in if not attending GW. They would be mailed to you for an additional cost.

Thanks for posting this here so we have a reference in this thread. I have a question regarding the engraving. At some point, someone mentioned that she/he wants the geoname to end with a "variable" number, if I recall it was something like "username_001" "username_002". Is this how it will work? It seems a lot of work for the minter but what do I know about coins... mostly nothing :)

Or is it just gonna be the same engraving on all, no additional serial number or stuff?

No numbers, just straight geo nicknames...we were trying to keep the project as simple/hassle free as possible!

I would love to see the updates on this as well.

I do not tweet :?(

Thanks for taking this on.

Do you have to go to the event to be able to get these ??

I know of some people wanting them but they are not attending.

I say they should attend but i am fine either way.

Thanks again

You can get these whether attending or not, but would incur a shipping cost to the total price to get them to you by mail. So far, all participants in this project are going to GW!

Here's the latest version of the art, which shows where your chosen color will go, and where your geonickname will be (12 letters/spaces max) 4428023770_5c27da1468_b.jpg

NICE color !

It's certainly fun to play with for those of us that are computer savvy or have a Photoshop-type program - I still haven't decided on what color I'm going to pick! Too many to choose from. :)

I'm almost thinking a light chocolate brown, then I can call it my "Cocoa-Moo" - the name my son uses for chocolate milk! :D

So I was in the mood for chocolate and "How Now Brown Cow?" So here's my cow...
So, I wonder just how many will be in the purple and the brown family :):rolleyes: ???
I think that all the variations possible of each will be cool... Edited by Toojin

So I was in the mood for chocolate and "How Now Brown Cow?" So here's my cow...

3d8c670b-bedd-43e2-ac14-0299cf1008a9.jpg

So, I wonder just how many will be in the purple and the brown family :(:wub: ???

We picked a purple cow :wub:

Colors so far are a mixed bag! No dupes except for three that have requested WHITE!

I still haven't decided on my own color yet. So many pretty colors to choose from :D

Also, the mint is going to send a couple photo samples so you can see what they'll really look like colored. Will post here and on Twitter as soon as I get them.