I own an Oregon 400t and a Nuvi 1350t...mounting idea/hope

WHO-DEY

when will they have a mount for the Oregon that will be"swappable" with the one for the NUVI? Ya know...the one that pops in over the ball of the auto mount..or windshieldmount? If there is one..lemme know..but have not seen one.

They already do - I have two right here. Will see if I can find the part number.

I bought mine separately but here's a kit which includes the mount.

Garmin Oregon Car Kit

garmin_010-10851-10.jpg

Edited by Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hide

My Colorado (similar to your Oregon and uses the same mount) windshield mount's arm broke...so I popped the adapter off and put it on my spare Nuvi windshield mount. The Colorado's antenna bumps up agains the windshield, since the arm is shorter...other than that it works just fine.

when will they have a mount for the Oregon that will be"swappable" with the one for the NUVI? Ya know...the one that pops in over the ball of the auto mount..or windshieldmount? If there is one..lemme know..but have not seen one.

They already do - I have two right here. Will see if I can find the part number.

Garmin Oregon Car Kit

garmin_010-10851-10.jpg

I have seen that kit in the pioture before. so if I were to buy this (abopve) and take the clip off the suction mount, attached to my Orego...it would pop into the NUVI mount/ball?

Garmin Oregon Car Kit

garmin_010-10851-10.jpg

I have seen that kit in the pioture before. so if I were to buy this (abopve) and take the clip off the suction mount, attached to my Orego...it would pop into the NUVI mount/ball?

Of course - it's completely compatible. I was able to buy the Oregon mount by itself, without the rest of the suction mount so I know it's sold separately.

I can't find the part listed anywhere online so I looked into the file folder I keep here and found the original box the part was in.

This is the description and part number:

Auto mount

P.N. 010-10851-20

The only place I can find that lists it online is the store where I bought my two in the first place - Le Baron, a Canadian Outdoors store. Good price too - $7.77 in their catalog (a pdf file).

Edited by Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hide

I saw a $8.00 adapter made by Garmin at REI in downtown Seattle the other day that slides onto the back of the Oregon and has the ball socket for the regular suction mount that comes with the Nuvi. It shows unavailable on the REI.com site (URL)but there are at least a half dozen in the main Seattle store.

Target seems to have the cheapest price for additional suction mounts (ala what came with the nuvi, without the bracket that connects to the GPS itself) for $12.99 or $14.99 - the back of the unit does not mention the nuvi but it sure looked like the same mount that came with my Nuvi.

Edited by vds

I saw a $8.00 adapter made by Garmin at REI in downtown Seattle the other day that slides onto the back of the Oregon and has the ball socket for the regular suction mount that comes with the Nuvi. It shows unavailable on the REI.com site (URL)but there are at least a half dozen in the main Seattle store.

Target seems to have the cheapest price for additional suction mounts (ala what came with the nuvi, without the bracket that connects to the GPS itself) for $12.99 or $14.99 - the back of the unit does not mention the nuvi but it sure looked like the same mount that came with my Nuvi.

THANK YOU! I called the REi in Seattle. Great people. They got me one on the way from their store. Under $15 shipped. THANKS YOU GUYS!! (and gals)

I bought a Ram Mount for my Oregon 400t before I was lucky enough (well, the wife was lucky enough) to win a 255wt in a drawing. I wish I had the same mount (with the 'Garmin Ball') but I like the Ram Mount as well.

The only gripe I have with the Ram is the length of the arm from the suction base to the mount itself is a bit long resulting in a little more than desirable vibration when driving. Not a problem in a car really - but in the rougher ride of my Jeep it can be a little annoying. It is however very very adjustable.

Glad to hear of the low cost option at REI - I may give it a look and eBay the Ram...

Glad to hear of the low cost option at REI - I may give it a look and eBay the Ram...

I can also confirm the $12.99 suction mount at Target indeed is the same as the one that came with my Nuvi, and the adaptor for the Oregon/Dakota fits both the mount and the Oregon just fine.

I just got it in the mail from REI. Here it is all set up in my truck. I used it with the AKRON vent mount ($5 amazon) If I get lost now..it is surely my own fault. My son thinks it is cool...so that is all I need. I can now cache "hands free" or at least a little safer..both hands on the wheel.

06ab1d30-61cf-4eb9-91a9-aebfb297a384.jpg

2f83bcd3-6745-4b06-824e-29da7db04c6a.jpg

12d1479e-6c11-47d0-bb13-72df0eedaf59.jpg

Edited by WHO-DEY