COINTEST!

burgessfour

This is Nutmeg, my newest. We adopted her from a shelter almost a year ago. She's a very sweet torti. Tortis are know for their attitudes, and Nutmeg has her's too. I call her my "Little Sassy Pants." The funniest thing is a nick name for tortis is snorty tortis (for their attitudes) but she actually snorts when she plays! It's the funniest thing. She also think she's a dog. She will not let you pet her, but instead has to lick you. She follows me around and has to be by my side all the time. She loves to play and her favorite toys are balled up pieces of paper.

889732759_fdbe245349.jpg

This is Pepper. Some people know Pepper from DarrylW4 and my coins.

I adopted Pepper from the vet clinic I worked at. Pepper and his brother were up for adoption because their parents had to move to Japan. Ashes, Pepper's brother, was adopted right away. Pepper was not adopted because he had a habit of biting. The clinic decided that he would not be adoptable and so we kept him as a house cat. Pepper unfortunately did nothing but terrorized the other house cat. They were talking about putting Pepper to sleep, so I took him home. He was my first kitty since I moved out of my parents house, and made himself right at home. He was one of the sweetest cats I have ever known. He had lots of little quirks that made him special to us.

In late June 2006 Pepper got sick. We never found out what was really wrong. One day I came home to him being very lethargic. I took him to the ER and was found to have sever bleeding into his abdomen. They gave him 2 blood transfusions, but he still did not respond. He was so weak that he couldn't even hold his head up. We decided that it was not fair to allow Pepper to suffer, so we decided to have him put to sleep. I stayed with him in my arms as they gave him the injection. He told me that it was ok by purring the whole time.

231387138_488255b73f.jpg

This is one of my favorite pictures. I was cutting up some silk flowers and laying them on the bed. I turned my back and then found Pepper on them. I continued to put the flowers around him and he just laid there and purred.

5657259_a6ad817cdd.jpg

Edited by Firefly03

This is Cheddar. We originally did not want to a second cat, but Pepper decided we to adopt him. I was working at the vet clinic when we got in two 8 week old kittens. The doctor's little girl wanted to take one home for the night. We didn't want to leave the second alone since it was their first night in a strange place, so I brought the second home with me. We went to sleep, Cheddar at my neck, Pepper at my feet. We woke up in the morning with Pepper cleaning Cheddar, paw wrapped around him. We had to keep him.

59542018_b5ed5d36fe.jpg

Pepper and Cheddar playing.

4611263_aa728e9334.jpg

This is Tabby - he's 13 and we fell in love with each other when he was 6 weeks old. He was my friend's cat's kitten, and hadn't been interested in people at all until I showed up. He left his mum and all his nursing siblings and climbed up my leg and fell asleep in my lap purring his head off the first time we met. So I had to take him home with me, and we have been best buddies ever since.

This photo was taken by my veterinarian. He had been vomiting (turns out he had food allergies!) and had to stay at the vet surgery overnight. I was worried about him, so my vet texts me this photo, and said that he was fine and they were just chatting over coffee.....

ae60d1d0-090f-4b5d-bbfa-7c3946e63544.jpg

I adopted Pepper from the vet clinic I worked at. Pepper and his brother were up for adoption because their parents had to move to Japan. Ashes, Pepper's brother, was adopted right away. Pepper was not adopted because he had a habit of biting. The clinic decided that he would not be adoptable and so we kept him as a house cat. Pepper unfortunately did nothing but terrorized the other house cat. They were talking about putting Pepper to sleep, so I took him home. He was my first kitty since I moved out of my parents house, and made himself right at home. He was one of the sweetest cats I have ever known. He had lots of little quirks that made him special to us.

In late June 2006 Pepper got sick. We never found out what was really wrong. One day I came home to him being very lethargic. I took him to the ER and was found to have sever bleeding into his abdomen. They gave him 2 blood transfusions, but he still did not respond. He was so weak that he couldn't even hold his head up. We decided that it was not fair to allow Pepper to suffer, so we decided to have him put to sleep. I stayed with him in my arms as they gave him the injection. He told me that it was ok by purring the whole time.

231387138_488255b73f.jpg

This is one of my favorite pictures. I was cutting up some silk flowers and laying them on the bed. I turned my back and then found Pepper on them. I continued to put the flowers around him and he just laid there and purred.

5657259_a6ad817cdd.jpg

Oh!!! Pepper was a lovely cat for sure!!! I was honored with one of your traveller coins and I had a chance to see one from close! I liked the photo of the cat! Pepper shows very calm and happy!

I love your photo with Perrer and the flowers! Can I ask something? Can I copy this photo to keep it and to send it to my girlfriend too? She loves cats so much!!! :)

oke here is my cat story..............

i grow up with dogzzzzzzzzzzz jepp when my brother was born he got a dog and when i was born i got a dog............

so hole my life we had dogzzzzzzzzzzzz but when we had to let KWIEPIE sleep in mam deside not to give uzzzzz a new dog.........

it was hard but understandeble we where in pubertie and we where much hanging out with friendzzzzzz and so, so mam deside not to get a new doggie.............

but me was in tearzzzzzz cause i wanted a dog but mam was hard NO DOG ............

but then mam did go on holiday in France and the first year my brother and me stay home it was PARTY but still i did miss my dog and then mam call uzzzzz that she was olmost home again from holiday and that i had to be at home when she arrive and me ofcorse i did stay home was never ever so happy that i could put my armzzzzzzz around my mam..........

but what i did`t know was that there was a hole other reason that i had to be at home ............

so i saw mam`s car drive in the street and run outside and mam was like ..........ANNE NOOOOOOOO..............

i was in shock really in shock mam did`t wanna hug me what was that about ???????????

well oke mam could`t hug me cause she was holding a box a box that make a sound and me and my brother where so suprise WHAT`S IN THAT BOX MAM????????????

so we all went inside the house and she give me the box and there it was ...............

a cute sweet little fluffy heat and there it was gone ........................

i was WHAT WAS THAT MAM and mam say : THAT WAS MAVETTE................

so we wolk in the kitchen and had to move the oven cause MAVETTE crowl behind it and i try to take him but he was faster as me and did`t let himself cache by me............

so i sit down and sit there for a hour and then he came with a NOT friendly mood ..........

he crazzzzz me bite me but i did`t let him go again and after a little struggle he look at me and start to lick me and was make the cat sound ............

mam was smiling and she said: ANNE i saw him this little man and he did`t had a home i could`t let him live there on the street so i take him home with me for you cause you miss your dog so much .........

Mavette and me become best friendzzzzzz he did sleep with me and when my clock went off he stamp it out with his paw, he knibble my thonezzzzzzzz that i had to go out bed, my boyfriend was`t allow to be with me touch me cause Mavette did`t like that hihihi

he wolk with me each morning a little while to my work and each day at 5 he was waiting for me.......

but one day i was sick feeling so strange and when i did come by our special place Mavette was`t there........

i was in tearzzzzzzzz cry so hard cause i knew that mavette was a angel and jeahhhhhhh the animal dokter call the next day that Mavette was found dead..............

i did go there take mavette and give him a nice and warm funeral in our back yard .................

i can`t put a piczzzzzzz of him here cause BURGESSFOUR has that piczzzzzzzzzz of my special friend i just wanted to share my story.........

Catzzzzz are special they give you so much love and this cointest make me smile but also cry a little....

not bad tearzzz but happy tearzzzzzzz for all of you ........

jeahhhh i had other catzzzz but with no one such a special band as with Mavette and i did make the desion never take a cat again cause each time i was looking for Mavette so my mam was wonder how can i make my daugther happy again really happyand my brother give her the answer ............

you all know what that answer izzzzzzzz jepp my little princezzzzzzzzz Lorca ........

anyway a while ago i saw a cat and i fall in LOVE again by him .............

i believe that this cat did come in the life of my dear friend and that this cat is the same for her as Mavette is for me .........

nikoslovethealbum.jpg

p.s. i don`t take part of this cointest like i said i just wanted to share my story .......................

231387138_488255b73f.jpg

5657259_a6ad817cdd.jpg

Oh!!! Pepper was a lovely cat for sure!!! I was honored with one of your traveller coins and I had a chance to see one from close! I liked the photo of the cat! Pepper shows very calm and happy!

I love your photo with Perrer and the flowers! Can I ask something? Can I copy this photo to keep it and to send it to my girlfriend too? She loves cats so much!!! :)

That would be just fine. :D

231387138_488255b73f.jpg

5657259_a6ad817cdd.jpg

I love your photo with Perrer and the flowers! Can I ask something? Can I copy this photo to keep it and to send it to my girlfriend too? She loves cats so much!!! :D

That would be just fine. :D

Oh thank you so much my dear friend!!! :ph34r:

Hey Lorca!!! So...you love Nikos?? :) He is such a pretty cat!!!

oke here is my cat story..............

i grow up with dogzzzzzzzzzzz jepp when my brother was born he got a dog and when i was born i got a dog............

so hole my life we had dogzzzzzzzzzzzz but when we had to let KWIEPIE sleep in mam deside not to give uzzzzz a new dog.........

it was hard but understandeble we where in pubertie and we where much hanging out with friendzzzzzz and so, so mam deside not to get a new doggie.............

but me was in tearzzzzzz cause i wanted a dog but mam was hard NO DOG ............

but then mam did go on holiday in France and the first year my brother and me stay home it was PARTY but still i did miss my dog and then mam call uzzzzz that she was olmost home again from holiday and that i had to be at home when she arrive and me ofcorse i did stay home was never ever so happy that i could put my armzzzzzzz around my mam..........

but what i did`t know was that there was a hole other reason that i had to be at home ............

so i saw mam`s car drive in the street and run outside and mam was like ..........ANNE NOOOOOOOO..............

i was in shock really in shock mam did`t wanna hug me what was that about ???????????

well oke mam could`t hug me cause she was holding a box a box that make a sound and me and my brother where so suprise WHAT`S IN THAT BOX MAM????????????

so we all went inside the house and she give me the box and there it was ...............

a cute sweet little fluffy heat and there it was gone ........................

i was WHAT WAS THAT MAM and mam say : THAT WAS MAVETTE................

so we wolk in the kitchen and had to move the oven cause MAVETTE crowl behind it and i try to take him but he was faster as me and did`t let himself cache by me............

so i sit down and sit there for a hour and then he came with a NOT friendly mood ..........

he crazzzzz me bite me but i did`t let him go again and after a little struggle he look at me and start to lick me and was make the cat sound ............

mam was smiling and she said: ANNE i saw him this little man and he did`t had a home i could`t let him live there on the street so i take him home with me for you cause you miss your dog so much .........

Mavette and me become best friendzzzzzz he did sleep with me and when my clock went off he stamp it out with his paw, he knibble my thonezzzzzzzz that i had to go out bed, my boyfriend was`t allow to be with me touch me cause Mavette did`t like that hihihi

he wolk with me each morning a little while to my work and each day at 5 he was waiting for me.......

but one day i was sick feeling so strange and when i did come by our special place Mavette was`t there........

i was in tearzzzzzzzz cry so hard cause i knew that mavette was a angel and jeahhhhhhh the animal dokter call the next day that Mavette was found dead..............

i did go there take mavette and give him a nice and warm funeral in our back yard .................

i can`t put a piczzzzzzz of him here cause BURGESSFOUR has that piczzzzzzzzzz of my special friend i just wanted to share my story.........

Catzzzzz are special they give you so much love and this cointest make me smile but also cry a little....

not bad tearzzz but happy tearzzzzzzz for all of you ........

jeahhhh i had other catzzzz but with no one such a special band as with Mavette and i did make the desion never take a cat again cause each time i was looking for Mavette so my mam was wonder how can i make my daugther happy again really happyand my brother give her the answer ............

you all know what that answer izzzzzzzz jepp my little princezzzzzzzzz Lorca ........

anyway a while ago i saw a cat and i fall in LOVE again by him .............

i believe that this cat did come in the life of my dear friend and that this cat is the same for her as Mavette is for me .........

nikoslovethealbum.jpg

p.s. i don`t take part of this cointest like i said i just wanted to share my story .......................

I will try to get a better picture of the picture, but here is lorca.nl's Mavette.............

Mavette.jpg

So after Nikos recovered we decided he would be an indoor cat. But every morning when I went to work I felt so bad leaving him :D He was (and is) so playful that I would drive home at lunchtime to play with him. Then I started volunteering a bit at CAT (Cat Adoption Team) and noticed a little tiny kitty with a lot of attitude :huh: She drove the other cats CRAZY by coming up to them when they were sleeping and whapping them with her paw :) I thought "She and Nikos might get along very, very well". So she was my birthday present in December and we brought her to her new (and I think only) home. She didn't like Nikos at first, but after a couple of weeks she warmed up to him and now after a couple of months they are shadows of each other. I jokingly call them Mutt and Jeff because where there is one, the other is right there somewhere :D It sure make me feel better about going to work knowing these two are in charge while I am gone :D She was named Cherry Pie by the shelter and we kept the name for her. I call her "Miss Pie" alot :D

Miss Pie in her basket

Cherryinherbasket2.jpg

Nikos and Cherry after a hard day :-)

Relaxingafteralongdayofplaying.jpg

Resting, after playing...............

CherrypieandNikosresting.jpg

Here is Moustache, a cat that was found under my neighbor trailer in a Flea market. I took her for the day to offer her to another of my neighbor who love cats but at the end of the day couldn't let her go. She is always sleeping on my daughter's (Moustaches de chaton- kitten's whiskers) pillow.

2009_0807AC10-10-30.jpg

And now, last but not least, Pooky. We got him about a month after another cat who died. I didn't want another one, too painful when they die. I went to a pet store for a pet mission and saw him :) alone with 4 other black cats. Couldn't resist to pet him and fell in love. Such a great character but being a kitten.....the aunties aren't liking it at all. He's disturbing their sweet easy life by jumping on them to play.

2009_0808AA10-10-30.jpg

All these entries are so wonderful; I am really trying hard to keep from commenting on them individually.

I am actually surprised at how many have been found or adopted from a shelter :D They must find us for a reason :D

Just for fun (kitty pics are always fun to look at), here is Nikos Thanksgiving afternoon after some turkey.........I think we were all feeling that way :)

IMG_1229-1.jpg

Here is my boyfriends cat "Joker". He is a Maine Coon.

Here's Joker doing what he does best....taking up the whole bed. :)

IMG_0049.jpg

I took my boyfriend to our local animal shelter and told him to pick out a kitten for his birthday. At first, my boyfriend was looking at the other kitties but I pointed out this one's uniquely pattern coat. And that is all it took, this one came home with us. Joker kept growing and growing and got more and more hair. We've had him since he was a kitten and now he is 7 years old.

I am not much of a cat person. I am more into dogs and horses. But my boyfriend was wanting a cat for his birthday, so that's how we ended up with Joker in our lives. :D

Thanks for the cointest!

Edited by mud4x4

Wonderful pictures and stories everyone!!!!!!!! Don't forget you still have until Saturday at 5:00 pacific time to post a picture :D Or two :unsure: Or three :mad: Or 10 :)

Remember, one entry per cat but you can post as much as you like (it just won't be a qualifying post)--I think we have all been really enjoying the pictures and stories :o

So, with all these great posts that are coming in I decided one coin wasn't enough :)

The first number drawn will get the LE (Silver/Green) and a Thunderegg half and the second number drawn will get the RE (Bronze/Blue) :D

ThundereggRE.jpg

WOW!!! what a pretty coin!!!

Of course when I searched about thundereggs I saw that they are fantastic!!!! You can see amazing things on them!!! None is the same!!!! Amazing!!!!!

I saw some that looked like sea with islands, or space, like galaxies.... WOW!!!!

What Earth can create!!!!! :unsure:

misticbest.jpg

Mystic is 15 years old now. She drinks water by dipping her paw in the bowl and licking it off of her paw. Never by lapping up the water! She will not eat any meat you give to her, but she does like potato chips, lemon cookies and cheerios. When she was younger she liked to suck on her tail and then she would walk around with a wet pointy tip on her tail. We nick named her Scorpina. Her other nicknames are Myst, Mysterina and Princess Mysta. She likes to meow back to you in response to her name, and then we will have entire meow conversations that go like... Myst... meow.. really? meow.. you don't say ... meow. Serioulsy? meow. Ok that's enough.. meow. Seriously no one wants to hear your crap meow.. ok be quiet now.. meow etc etc... until one of us gets bored :)

rockrock.jpg

This is our cat Ceric. He is 14 years old now. We call him Rock-Rock most of the time. He likes to give head butts and his head is hard as a rock. It hurts sometimes when he bonks you right in the nose! He is a very sweet and cuddly cat. I have had people over that said they don't like cats but they DO like Ceric. They say he is very dog like. He loves to "make biscuits" or "knead dough" with his paws. He even makes air biscuits when he's laying on his back. We also call them love biscuits. You can hear him purr from across the room. He is very naughty so it's lucky for him that he's so dang cute. We have to keep any food very tightly secured. He has knocked canisters of treats/pet food off the counter to get into the canister. He opens up the rubbermaid bins that have dog and cat food in them by lifting off the tops. We have to leave 2 liters of pop on top of them now or else he will help himself. He has chewed though the plastic of loaves of bread and eaten the bread. We have to keep that in a cabinet now too. We have to keep any cat or dog treats very secure. If any food is left out anywhere in his reach he will most definitely find it. He chews plastic too. Any plastic grocery bags or plastic wrapping off new purchases. Oh, and we can't leave packages out at Christmas because he will chew the bows and ribbons. I have gifted many a gift with Ceric chew holes in them :)

symphonybeingcute.jpg

This is Symphony. She is 14 years old now. She was found in a dumpster with her sister as a kitten. She was brought into a vet clinic where I was working at the time. Her sister got adopted right away, but no one adopted her. They let her run around the clinic sometimes since she was there for so long and she had such a personality that I ended up taking her home. I named her Symphony to give her some "class" after her humble beginning. She is very sweet, but doesn't like to lay in your lap. She will sit next to you and paw you for her petting. She had a disease that degenerated her joints so her knees are very arthritic and painful now. It's hard for her to jump, but she still does get around okay. The vet said her knee xray looked like someone threw gravel in her knees. Ouch :) Still, she's happy and keeps the dogs around here in line :D

Yep, it's me again!

When Nikos was just a little bitty kitten he LOVED this little doll basket. It came with one of Leah's little doll baby's and he seems to be pretty partial to pink. We all used to carry him around in it and he loved it :)

NikosandBasket1.jpg

:)

He still LOVES his basket, but he doesn't fit into it so well anymore :lostsignal:

Thisbasketisshrinking.jpg

Here are some fave pics of Scribbles :lostsignal:

(Sorry it's not often I get to share ) :)

IMG_0564-1.jpg

Love....From the first day I saw you I wanted to protect you.

IMG_0924-2.jpg

Aaawww love at first sight...he kinda looks alien-like haha.

NEW128-1.jpg

Cutest picture EVER!!! Yes I did put the lady bug with him, but NO I did not put his arms around it. :)

Pictures022.jpg

Scribbles loves to steal Q-tips! He also loves eating cantaloupe, he's crazy about it.

13345_101330549889508_1000003769146.jpg

I don't even know what to say.....

Picture145.jpg

My First Christmas! Yay!!

Pictures025.jpg

What Scribbles is really like. Seriously. He definitely is a monster kitty most of the time haha! :D

Here are some fave pics of Scribbles :)

(Sorry it's not often I get to share ) :)

Are you kidding? The more pics the better I say ;) And I am in charge of the cointest ;) And I say post away :D You just won't get any more entries for the drawing. I do have a little surprise planned for everyone at the end though :lostsignal: No, I can't give everyone coins-I wish I could, but I can't. But I and a coworker (and fellow geocacher) do have a little surprise that we are working on :D

Meet RC.

RCbirdbath.jpg

Actually her name is Rat Catcher but I have been calling her RC for as long as I've had her.

RC has an interesting story to her life.

Many many years ago (about 12) my family had way too many pets. I had put my foot down that we weren't going to have any more pets. Unfortunately, about that time I had installed a nice water feature in my front yard and a pack of rats thought it was a great place to set up a residence. They were living under my front porch but had just recently figured out how to get in the house. My other cats at the time seemed to love cat food much more than chasing rats.

One day my spouse and my daughter came home with this scraggly rodent looking young feline. She was an absolute mess. She had matted fur, a severe sinus infection and was grossly underweight. While looking at her it was clear that she'd been hit by a car in her past and her sinuses had suffered serious damage and she had a few ribs that had broken and healed improperly. Boy she was HUNGRY!

Well, being a softie I said we could keep this malnourished until she either died or was healthy enough to find a new home.

Well, RC knew what to do to keep a roof over her head. She went out and caught and killed all the rats. We were finding rat corpses all over the yard for a couple of weeks. She wiped them out! She did this despite having a sinus infection (due to a fractured and wrongly healed sinus) and the problems with her ribs pushing on her lungs.

Shortly after RC arrived, she was out being a little flirty with the boy cats and got pregnant. She ended up having 4 kittens that were just adorable. What was really odd was that as soon as she was pregnant, her sinus issue cleared up. After she delivered her kittens, her breathing problems were gone. She was healthy as any cat but you can still feel her bad ribs. And, she loves her nose rubbed.

She was/is a great cat, minding all the rules of no counters, no scratching the furniture and always used the litter box or went outside. The only downside was she fought tooth and nail with Bittsen, my other cat. RC always ended up on the short end of all battles and still has scars all over her ears. Even though she's 12 she will still let other cats know she doesn't like them. No more fights though since Bittsen was hit by a car.

After my divorce I kept RC. She's the best cat in the world, as far as I am concerned. Because of her catching and killing all those rats, she's earned her keep for the rest of her life. Even now she's sleeping on the arm of my chair.

RC won't be around forever but she's the best cat I've had aside from Bittsen, and really she's even better than Bittsen in many ways.

DSC00552.jpg

This is Lacey. When she was young she liked to sleep in the sink, the back corner of my closet, or under the bed.

Now it's right in front of my wife's pillow.

She is also terrorized by my 2 year old, who is scared of the kitty, but yet wants to pet her all the time.

Go figure.

fc9409d5-0ef2-4980-872e-03c2f4ece55e.jpg

35bd3544-e595-4394-a5dc-c9769cab9df5.jpg

A few weeks ago we were packing up to go on vacation. We decided to go out to dinner and when we returned we saw something in our suitcase we did not pack. I really do wish I could have taken her though. :D

LOL!! Mine do that too!

81847479_2520868d6c.jpg

WOW!!!! Teneessee jed and Firefly have "Travel Cats"! :lostsignal::)

...When we all have.. TB's. some have the next generation.... TC's! :):D

;) I am kiding my friends! I love these photos!!!

I also loved Nikos in the doll basket!!! ;)

Amazing photos!!! All photos posted are so cute!!!! and I see that there are many cat lovers and actually love animals!!! That's so great!!! :D

Yep, it's me again!

When Nikos was just a little bitty kitten he LOVED this little doll basket. It came with one of Leah's little doll baby's and he seems to be pretty partial to pink. We all used to carry him around in it and he loved it :)

NikosandBasket1.jpg

:)

He still LOVES his basket, but he doesn't fit into it so well anymore :lostsignal:

I LOVE it when they insist that they can fit into something that they can't :D;);)

Yep, it's me again!

When Nikos was just a little bitty kitten he LOVED this little doll basket. It came with one of Leah's little doll baby's and he seems to be pretty partial to pink. We all used to carry him around in it and he loved it ;)

NikosandBasket1.jpg

;)

I LOVE it when they insist that they can fit into something that they can't :D:D:D

what do you mean he doesn't fit in there ? :):):D

Oh and ps....I hope you get picked as the winner of this cointest, I loved your post.

Edited by BVnLJ