COINTEST!

burgessfour

My first cointest here on the forum; I hope everyone has fun :(

Nikos's Cointest

This cointest is in honor of my sweet kitty Nikos. Some of you know that almost a year ago when he was about seven months old he was hit by a car and severely injured. The vet gave him slim odds to make it, but after 6 weeks confined to a very small space, lots of patience and healing on his part, and lots of love from us and cachers all over the world who sent him gifts and good wishes, he is completely healed and healthy. Because of him I now help out at CAT (Cat Adoption Team) and I am always amazed at the cats and how adaptable and loving they are, even in the face of adversity and homelessness. So, with that all being said, this is a cointest for cat owners and you are playing for a trackable, unactivated LE Oregon Thunderegg Geocoin (pictured below). The Thunderegg is Oregon’s state rock and we love digging for them and cutting them open to see the wonders inside.

The rules:

1. You must post a picture of your cat; I would love to hear stories and fun things, but a picture is all that is required to enter. And it needs to be a cat that lives or lived in your household.

2. One post per cat; if you have (or have had) 10 cats and you have pictures of them all then you may post 10 times. They do not need to be currently alive, as I am sure they are living in your memories, but you must have a picture of each of them when you post.

3. This cointest will run until 5:00 PST January 30th. So basically one week.

4. The winner will be randomly drawn from all the qualifying posts as I already know there is no way I could pick one kitty post over the other.

Good luck and have fun!!!!!!

Here are some pics of Nikos with the coin and his favorite (and well worn) grey mouse :P

Nikoswithhisoldgreyandcoin.jpg

Front side of coin

ThundereggcoinwithOldGrey.jpg

Backside of coin

ThundereggcoinwithOldGrey2.jpg

Nikos trying to recover

Mypoorbaby.jpg

Anyone who knows me knows I am a NUT for my cat, Kita!

She is 10 years old now, and I adopted her when she was 2 years old. We have bonded very strongly over the years. Now she waits for me when I get home and jumps on my backpack. She lays down across my backpack with her head right next to my ear and pushes her head against mine and just purrs. It is the most amazing welcome home ever!

I now volunteer at the local animal shelter. I do two shifts a week, one with cats and one with dogs. I love all of the animals there so much and I'm so happy when they get adopted! So many wonderful animals out there. :(

Here are the pictures of my girl!

kitalaptop.jpg

Kita likes to use my laptop. We often have arguments over who gets to use it!

kitaupside1.jpg

My artsy picture of her. :P

obinkita.jpg

After getting Obi (the rabbit) Kita learned that she LOVES romaine lettuce.

annekita.jpg

The aforementioned backpack ride.

kitatrackable.jpg

Kita with a trackable. This picture of her makes my heart ache she's so adorable!

I um, have more. But I shall stop there!

I had to chuckle, because,

I Have 10 Cats.

It was a pregnant stray cat situation.

First Things First.

This is SPOT. She was a stray Kitty that hung around the place I worked.

I took her home.

She's around 5 years old now.

SPOT ...

4c3ce0fd-6cb6-4586-b707-d203854a21b2.jpg

I will get my pics posted and Tell about the other 9.

Opalsns

I never got a picture of the pregnant mother cat that we called " Mommy ".

She showed up one day , so skinny, and frightened. I put food out for her and walk away so she would come and eat. Eventually she grew acustomed to me and even let me pet her.

That's when I realized, she had a litter out there.

She was a good Mommy and would come to visit twice a day. Eat, Rest and then head back out to the woods.

Before to long, She had 5 kittens in tow.

She moved her family into our wood shed and raised her kitties.

One day she started to hit them and growl at them.

She would come out and eat and then head back to her bed.

Constantly with a soft growl, she wouldwalk off and then come back later.

One day she walked off and never came back.

Opalsns

My first cointest here on the forum; I hope everyone has fun :P

Nikos's Cointest

This cointest is in honor of my sweet kitty Nikos. Some of you know that almost a year ago when he was about seven months old he was hit by a car and severely injured. The vet gave him slim odds to make it, but after 6 weeks confined to a very small space, lots of patience and healing on his part, and lots of love from us and cachers all over the world who sent him gifts and good wishes, he is completely healed and healthy. Because of him I now help out at CAT (Cat Adoption Team) and I am always amazed at the cats and how adaptable and loving they are, even in the face of adversity and homelessness. So, with that all being said, this is a cointest for cat owners and you are playing for a trackable, unactivated LE Oregon Thunderegg Geocoin (pictured below). The Thunderegg is Oregon’s state rock and we love digging for them and cutting them open to see the wonders inside.

The rules:

1. You must post a picture of your cat; I would love to hear stories and fun things, but a picture is all that is required to enter. And it needs to be a cat that lives or lived in your household.

2. One post per cat; if you have (or have had) 10 cats and you have pictures of them all then you may post 10 times. They do not need to be currently alive, as I am sure they are living in your memories, but you must have a picture of each of them when you post.

3. This cointest will run until 5:00 PST January 30th. So basically one week.

4. The winner will be randomly drawn from all the qualifying posts as I already know there is no way I could pick one kitty post over the other.

Good luck and have fun!!!!!!

Here are some pics of Nikos with the coin and his favorite (and well worn) grey mouse :D

Nikoswithhisoldgreyandcoin.jpg

Front side of coin

ThundereggcoinwithOldGrey.jpg

Backside of coin

ThundereggcoinwithOldGrey2.jpg

Nikos trying to recover

Mypoorbaby.jpg

:(:P:D My dear friend Shari!!! :D Nikos is so cute!!! It is so nice to see my Godson again! :):D:D

Oh... I do not have a cat now, (even if I am Gatoulis!!!) and I only have one photo with my sister as a child, holding one of our cats! Unfortunatelly I do not have photos of Kiki, Renata, Asproula... the cats I had years ago! :D I hope I will try to post the photo I am talking about! I do not know if I can! I do not have a scanner anymore, so.. :huh:

Thunderegg??? A rock??? I have never heard about thundereggs! It is good hat you mention that it is a rock! The name is a little... Well... Thunderegg??? Thunder and egg??? :D

You like digging to find them (hmm... so they are not in the surfice!!) and you like to break them to see what is inside???? :D what is inside of a rock???? Are these rocks a kind of Kinder eggs??? :D

The coin is fantastic!!! WOW!!! :) I can not understand the green part... it shows a volcano or a river... maybe lava?? I can not read clearly what is writen... Mountain God or something??? WOW!!!

Anne.and.Eli!!!! your Artsy photo is lovely!!!! Can I copy it??? :) I mean to keep it in my pc and maybe send a photo to my girlfriend?? She loves cats sooo much!!! :D

Opalsns!!!! your cat (Spot) looks a lot like my Renata!!! She was an amazing cat!!!! WOW!!! I wish I had a photo of her!!!! They would look like sisters!!!! my Renata, had white belly and the end of her feet where white like she was wearing shoes! :D

Edited by GATOULIS

DSCF0256.jpg

This is Kitty Kitty. I know creative name....

The story with her is that when her mom had her and her siblings under our deck, we took them to a nieghboring farm. The next day, my husband was on his way to take our daughter to the doctor. As he was driving down the road, the momma and the babies ran across the road and he hit Kitty. The docotrs appointment was postponed for another type of doctor appointment, the vet. our daughter couldnt stand going to the dr when tht kitten was hurt.

Once at the vet they took x-ray it confirmed that the car didnt' hurt her. But there were a bunch of "dots' on her x-ray. Michael asked what they were to be told they were buck shot. Someone had shot her. he asked the vet to keep her for a while and as he took our daughter to her appointment he called me and told me what was said.

Now she is ours, and we love her dearly. You can still feel the buck shot in her hips and she gets skittish around people and poeple petting her there. But she's fun loving.

As for the name, it was Cutie Pie. But she actually comes running when we call Kitty Kitty so, it has stuck.

Her favorite hobby that drives us nuts...she won't eat her food out of a bowl. The food dishes are on our bathroom sink so the dog stays out of them . Kitty flicks a piece down the sink and has to try to catch it before it goes down the drain. It's funny now, but not when you're cleaning soggy cat food out of your drain.

Edited by mlrs1996

DSCF0358.jpg

This is Lucky...yes another creative name. By the way this is so recent it was taken while I was trying to use the computer tonight, LOL.

Lucky was found during the ice storm of December 1998 in Tennessee. My husband was working 2o hours a day 7 days a week. When Michael pulled up on a job, a dog came running up the street with something in his mouth. Michael realized it was a kitten in his mouth. Michael yelled at the dog until he dropped the kitten. Michael put the kitten on his dashboard to get him warm and he rode on the dash the rest of the workday. he drank water out of a coke bottle that michael had cut in half for him.

When Michael came in that night, he woke me up and said "Honey can we keep it?"

I drowsley asked what he was talking about and he said look out on the porch . AT the door was a little bitty orange kitten with snow around him.

Lucky has been with us ever since and is defently the king of the house.

His quirkey habit is he washes his paws in the toliet after using the kitty litter. And he sleeps curled up next to Michael every night.

every day when michael pulls in the driveway lucky runs to the door and waits on him to come in then he sits on the table to get petted.

this next pic was taken while i was writing this.

DSCF0360.jpg

Edited by mlrs1996

I am sure you will all recognize my son cat, Max. He is the one whos' picture I use for my avatar.

We've always had at least one cat in every house we've ever lived in, I couldn't imagine a home without a cat in it. Anyways, back to Max, he is a purebred fawn abyssinian but is not quite show quality due to a small kink in the end of his tail and some little bits missing from his ears.

We got Max from the local shelter about eight years ago where they estimated his age at about 8 months old. He and about 30 or 40 other cats were rescued from a breeder/hoarder who had run afoul with the local law enforcment agents and was placed in jail (nothing to do with the cats). All those kitties were left to run loose in this womans house for over a month with no one to attend to them. There were numerous dead cats and kittens in the house and of those still alive only a few were without serious medical problems. When the shelter folks were called in they were appaled at the conditions of most of the cats and kittens and they rounded them all up and took them back to the shelter where a team of local veterinarians had volunteered their time to speed up the processing and treatments. Out of the 30 or 40 cats and kittens that were rescued only a handful survived and Max was one of them.

My daughter was volunteering at the shelter at the time and had told me the story of this rescue with tears in her eyes. She had known that I have always had a fondness for abyssinian cats and told me that there were a few of them from this rescue. I immediately headed over to the shelter and began checking out these kitties.

When I got to the cage that Max was in, he was curled up in his little cardboard bed in the corner of the cage, but when he saw me he immidiately got up out of his little bed and began to cry and rub the bars. My daughter was with me and told me that he never left his bed on his own, this was the first time he did that. It was love at first sight for the both of us.

I headed right over to the shelter office and told them I wished to take him home. They told me about the limited history of him and also told me that he was still in quarantine but that I had a good chance of adopting him oncce he was cleared medically.

A couple of days later they called back and told me that if I was still interested I could adopt him, as soon as I hung up the phone I headed to the shelter and had adopted him 30 minutes later.

Since then we have been inseperable, he follows me wherever I go in the house and always comes running whenever I come home from work, he even sleeps with me in the bed every night either curled up next to me or between my feet under the covers when its chilly.

He is the smallest kitty we have ever had (barely 6 pounds at 8 years old) and he is also the highest energy kitty we've ever had. He is such a great companion and is very smart. We've trained him to walk on a leash, ride in a car and has no problems taking a bath every month. So thats my story about my son cat Max...

Now for a few of my favorite photos....

Trashcan1.jpg

One of Max's favorite things to do; he sits in this plastic trashcan that we store birdseed in right next to the big sliding glass window to our patio where we have a couple of bird feeders hanging (see the seed on the ground outside?). He waits there patiently until the birds start coming around in the morning and then POPS out of the trashcan and scares them away. And yes, he is an indoor only cat (unless we are out for a walk on his leash).

MonitorNap.jpg

Max's favorite resting place, right on top of an old CRT monitor where it is ALWAYS warm...

Recycle.jpg

Here is Max hiding in a paper bag inside of the recycling bin. He scared the **** out of my girlfriend from here when she walked by. She didn't know that he was in there until this little paw came shooting out and hit her in the leg... :(

OK, enough about my boy.... I love reading all these storries and seeing all these pictures, thanks for a great cointest!!!

Who's next????

Hello,

My name is Lapje wich means as much as Patchwork in Englisch.

I came to live with Sivota when her brother died. He was my best friend for ten years.

Sivota is a strange lady and after four years I still haven’t decided weather or not I like here.

To tell the truth, I can’t be bothered with people at all.

Most of the time I even pretend Sivota isn’t there, except when it is feedingtime.

She does have a little garden though, that is all mine.

I don’t do anything at all for a living, except sleeping in the sun and in winter at all the best places in the house. I like to catch snales (birds and mice are to fast for me, my knees got damaged when I was born). The other day I caught a poisonous snale and I nearly died. I had to go to the hospital and later on I was handfed by Sivota for several days. Can you imagine that; Yuk

I hate the Dutch winters, the snow is getting my feet all cold.

Otherwise I’m fine.

detuinbewaken-1.jpg

deheledagslapenindezon.jpg

Sneeuwiskoudaandepoten-1.jpg

Edited by Sivota

Hello!!! I wrote about my kitties and tried to post pictures. (I did read how to post pics in the FAQs section)

I did what is said but I got this error message....

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif"

I use Snapfish. Can anyone give me some help? Thank you!

PC160015-1.jpg

My name is Gitchie Bird

10-31-07gitchie.jpg

I was just a little thing when some nice people found me at an EarthCache.

wedgemeetsgitchee2.jpg

Wedge kinda scared me at first but then we got to know each other better

P7060033.jpg

gitchiesnewscratchpost.jpg

I'm the playful one, Bernie likes to imitate a rug most of the time

P3080007.jpg

and I'm the reason my owner publishes a magazine! My story was his first ever!

Hello!!! I wrote about my kitties and tried to post pictures. (I did read how to post pics in the FAQs section)

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif"

Hi!

I use Photobucket, so I'm not sure about Snapfish............Anybody using Snapfish that can help????

BTW, my husband and I are just loving everyone's post! This is so worth a coin; I almost feel like trying to put together a Geocacher Cat Calendar :(:P

Sophie

KPRENTICE_Sophie_24APR06.JPG

One night in Norfolk, there was a terrible thunderstorm. I was sitting in my room and I heard a piteous crying. It sounded like a kitten's cry, but what I actually heard was "I can't find my Mommy!"

I rescued the kitten out of the rain. There were no other cats around, so I kept her and named her Sophie after Jack Aubrey's wife in the Master and Commander series. She is the sweetest cat in the world, but never did get along with other cats -- she had to be the only cat in the house. She made the trip over to Japan but after we had our daughter, Summer, the problems began: remember how I said that she needs to be the only cat in the house? Make that the only kid, too. She almost took out Summer's eye one day and that is, essentially, when we realized we had to adopt her out.

We did find a wonderful lady in Misawa to take care of her (in whose household she is the only kid), and she's very happy and pampered in her new home.

But I do miss her terribly.

KPRENTICE_Sophie_18APR06.jpg

Thank you for the cointest!

This is Eli's cat, Tally. He's 13 now! When Tally was young, he got into a tangle with something, and ended up herniating some of his organs through his ribs. :( Eli spent a lot of time (and money) getting Tally operated on and fixed up.

Tally is a cranky old man, but he totally loves Eli. :( (And sometimes me)

And, he's HILARIOUS when he sleeps. I mean, this is a cat that knows how to do it with gusto.

tally.jpg

We're really blessed to have two such great characters in our house. (Well three, but this isn't a cointest about bunnies!)

Tally is a cranky old man, but he totally loves Eli. :( (And sometimes me)

And, he's HILARIOUS when he sleeps. I mean, this is a cat that knows how to do it with gusto.

Maybe Tally would love you more if you didn't post undignified pictures of him all over the internet! :(

Edited by gillianms

HOW much have I enjoyed looking at everyone's cats and hearing their stories! It has really brightened my morning!!

Two years ago we adopted two cats from the local shelter. We only meant to get one and we specifically wanted one who had some kind of disadvantage which made them difficult to home. When we went there we were introduced to Barry, who was their 'special needs' cat. He had been there nearly a year as no-one wanted him. They didn't know what his history was as he had been found by an RSPCA inspector (who called him Barry after his Dad!) and he was in such a state that it was touch-and-go whether they put him to sleep or not. When we met Barry, he just sat in his bed all day. He was totally deaf, brain-damaged, lame, a bald patch on his head where scarring had stopped the fur regrowing and he was pretty scruffy too! We decided to have him - but we had to wait a few weeks as we were going on holiday and I didn't want him to have another upheaval with a cattery or carer just after he moved in. We visited him every week and helped out with grooming him, bathing him (he couldn't wash himself any more) and getting to know him. On our second visit, an new 'inmate', a beautiful, inquisitive tortoiseshell cat kept vying for our attention. When we heard her story - she and her brother had been brought in by someone who couldn't care for them any more, the brother immediately died of a stroke and she had been diagnosed with inoperable cancer - we knew that we had to take her as well. She was the spitting image of one of my sister's cats! This was especially poignant for me as I had spent the previous year caring for my sister whilst she had terminal cancer.

1907679842_d8ac18bd64.jpg

Anyway, they both came home with us. Candy was quite aloof, as though she didn't want to get too attatched to us (or maybe she didn't want us to get too attached to her). The cancer took it's toll on Candy within a couple of months and the vet came out to put her to sleep at home with her Mum and Dad with her. At least her last few weeks were in a happy, loving place.

3441318446_e447d841a2_o.jpg

Barry took a while to settle in - he sat behind the television for the first few days! Very, very slowly he learned to trust (which, considering that he was almost certainly abused by people, was pretty amazing). Tiny little steps, like the first time he washed his paw, gave us so much joy! He became a real Mummy's boy - he learned to love cuddles and when my pelvis was broken when I was knocked over, he sat on the injured area for days on end. In the autumn of 2009, he had a minor stroke. I knew that time might be short, so made the most of every precious day. In November he had a massive stroke and lingered, semi-concious for a day whilst I held him and told him it was OK to go. He couldn't manage it though, so the vet came out and he died by my side. Absolutely heart-breaking but I have so many happy memories of my boy - I am sure he knew how much he was loved.

3870322623_d66e75d54d_o.jpg

HOW much have I enjoyed looking at everyone's cats and hearing their stories! It has really brightened my morning!!

Two years ago we adopted two cats from the local shelter. We only meant to get one and we specifically wanted one who had some kind of disadvantage which made them difficult to home. When we went there we were introduced to Barry, who was their 'special needs' cat. He had been there nearly a year as no-one wanted him. They didn't know what his history was as he had been found by an RSPCA inspector (who called him Barry after his Dad!) and he was in such a state that it was touch-and-go whether they put him to sleep or not. When we met Barry, he just sat in his bed all day. He was totally deaf, brain-damaged, lame, a bald patch on his head where scarring had stopped the fur regrowing and he was pretty scruffy too! We decided to have him - but we had to wait a few weeks as we were going on holiday and I didn't want him to have another upheaval with a cattery or carer just after he moved in. We visited him every week and helped out with grooming him, bathing him (he couldn't wash himself any more) and getting to know him. On our second visit, an new 'inmate', a beautiful, inquisitive tortoiseshell cat kept vying for our attention. When we heard her story - she and her brother had been brought in by someone who couldn't care for them any more, the brother immediately died of a stroke and she had been diagnosed with inoperable cancer - we knew that we had to take her as well. She was the spitting image of one of my sister's cats! This was especially poignant for me as I had spent the previous year caring for my sister whilst she had terminal cancer.

Anyway, they both came home with us. Candy was quite aloof, as though she didn't want to get too attatched to us (or maybe she didn't want us to get too attached to her). The cancer took it's toll on Candy within a couple of months and the vet came out to put her to sleep at home with her Mum and Dad with her. At least her last few weeks were in a happy, loving place.

Barry took a while to settle in - he sat behind the television for the first few days! Very, very slowly he learned to trust (which, considering that he was almost certainly abused by people, was pretty amazing). Tiny little steps, like the first time he washed his paw, gave us so much joy! He became a real Mummy's boy - he learned to love cuddles and when my pelvis was broken when I was knocked over, he sat on the injured area for days on end. In the autumn of 2009, he had a minor stroke. I knew that time might be short, so made the most of every precious day. In November he had a massive stroke and lingered, semi-concious for a day whilst I held him and told him it was OK to go. He couldn't manage it though, so the vet came out and he died by my side. Absolutely heart-breaking but I have so many happy memories of my boy - I am sure he knew how much he was loved.

You, My Friend, are an Angel!

Oops - I've just re-read the rules and seen that I should have one cat per post. It's just that their stories are inter-twined!

Wow, I am in tears........Thank you so much for sharing that and for doing so much for those two very special cats.............

And please don't think twice about the two pictures; I will count it as two posts.

this post may be disqualified according to the rules of the cointest. "Acee" the cat doesn't actually RESIDE with me, but comes by my apartment occasionally to say hello. she lives somewhere within the apartment complex with her brother "Joker" (seen in one of the pictures below). although Acee is feral, she is quite fearless and not afraid of humans. i guess thats why i admire her so much. she is rather brazen, as she has actually come inside my apartment to check things out and take a look around before leaving! i've enjoyed looking at everyones pictures of their little furry friends, and i hope you all like these pics i took of Acee and Joker.

c0ac8bf0-586e-4d64-b0f4-3a6001238369.jpg

9c6e22a7-91d3-4e51-bbe2-30c79f701538.jpg

fb8a4769-6256-43a8-b098-b758d3d9d15a.jpg

453db970-fec1-4933-8d46-02e4c9785fba.jpg

Edited by Odyssey Voyager

WOW!!!! I really do not have word to say my friend!!!! You are an angel!!! You are the human we should all try to be!!! there are so many animal lovers out there, who only love "perfect" animals.... meaning perfect in the outside... It sounds racist but this is what happens! :(

They do not understand that there is no matter if a cat or a dog or an other animal can be a best friend of us! Can be the best pet and companion!

I had a one eye cat (I was calling him Pirate)! My uncle had a blind cat but they were so perfect!!!!!

It is a shame that nobody wanted the cat because it had health problems! Be sure that both cats understood and felt your caring and love!!! Thank you for being you my friend!!!

The world would be better if more where like this!

I remember when Nikos was heart! shari didn't gave up on him! she was there when he needed her, she took after him and now... Nikos is doing great and is having a cointest! :(

I feel so nice that people like you my friends are still out there!!! :(

Ok.... here is the photo I was talking about in post 10!

My sister is a child and she is holding one of our cats! :(

DSC00456.jpg

oh! to post this photo I had to do many things!!!! I took the photo, a photo with my mobile phone, went to my sister's house, put the memory card of my mobile in their multi machine, copied the photo in my Brother in law PC, he send it with email to me I put it in photobucket and here it is! WOW!! :(

Hi!

I use Photobucket, so I'm not sure about Snapfish............Anybody using Snapfish that can help????

BTW, my husband and I are just loving everyone's post! This is so worth a coin; I almost feel like trying to put together a Geocacher Cat Calendar :(:(

Our daughter in law gave us a calender with pics of Bernie, Gitchie and Koneko for Christmas this year! That was a fun gift!

In our neighborhood we are known for a cat rescue unit, non profit....Here is a picture of one of the dogs we saved and two kittens that was born at our house. We have over 30 kittens/cats we feed daily and 7 dogs we claim as ours...As you can see this home is full of animals...we even have a bird that talks and keeps everyone in line, hehehe...I would love to win the rock and show my love for cats even more. Thank you so much for allowing us to enter your cointest.

kittensanddog.jpg

Natterjacktoad, you are a truly special, wonderful person! It's great to know there are people like you in the world!

I could not agree more. Natterjacktoad, you are a special and wonderful person. :(

I'm enjoying all the stories and the pictures, but we it was very good and touching to read yours.

Thanks for this cointest, great idea burgessfour :(

assuming that snapfish is a hosting site than there would be a link where your picture is, a .jpg

take that link and post it here using the 3rd icon from the right in the post window

Natterjacktoad, you are a truly special, wonderful person! It's great to know there are people like you in the world!

I could not agree more. Natterjacktoad, you are a special and wonderful person. :(

I'm enjoying all the stories and the pictures, but we it was very good and touching to read yours.

Thanks for this cointest, great idea burgessfour :mellow:

Thanks guys, but I didn't particularly want to come across as some kind of angel! I just love sharing the story of my cats and hope it may inspire someone to take on a less-than-perfect rescue cat. Same as with the story of me and my sister. Many people think that caring for the dying must be awful - but we had a blast! I share that story in the hope that it may help someone to know that they can care for someone at home.

I'm not always nice - just see me flattening the other geocachers on the way to a FTF!!! :huh:B):D:D:D

Hey, you were born an animal angel and you can't get out of it. LOL!!!!

There are 2 blind kitties in my brood of 10 , Docs think it could be genetic, Inbreading, But they get on fine. One climbs up on my porch rroof and down, and the others never leave them alone anywhere, so it's all good.

Just want to say, If one of my posts get picked, Please send it to NutterJacktoad, .

I have a Thunder Egg, the rock, and I'll get myself a coin later on.

It wasn't so much the his sad face, but the story and the pic of you cuddling him. Your probabally one of the very few that ever cuddled him.

Too Sad.

Opalsns

Thank you burgessfour and t4e for your help and ideas! I created a photobucket account just so that I could share my babies! I apologize for the pictures being so big, I don't know how to fix that.

Also, thank you burgessfour for hosting this cointest. It's amazing! So is a Thunderegg like a geode then? Sounds really neat!

Kitties, kitties, kitties! Where do I begin?

My family lives in a small town in Southern NJ. We live near a large cow farm and a large horse farm. Unfortunately, both spots are popular "kitty dropoffs." My parents currently have ten cats right now. Out of the ten cats, we only purposely got one, all other nine found us. :mellow:

We also recently fostered two different mommies! Bengals wonder to us from the horse farm (rumored they are dropped off buy a breeder who doesn't want them anymore....I don't know if that's true tho). This past spring, a Bengal mommy wondered to us, whom we named Rosie. Rosie had seven kittens! seven!! We found homes for all the kittens. I ended keeping one, he was supposed to have a home, but it didn't work out. After that, I just couldn't let him go!

After finding Rosie and her kittens a home, (yes we even found Mommy Rosie a good home :( we fostered a kitty that I named Happy. She is the sweetest, happiest cat ever. All she does is roll around and purr. She loves to be loved! Happy had five kittens. We found homes for four and still have Happy and her son, Taz.

I also work as a receptionist at a vet. I love it!

Animals, especially cats have always been and always will be in my life! :huh:

IMG_0480.jpg

This is Rosie when she first came to us, she was pretty thin and something was wrong with her eye. It took her awhile to come around and trust us, but once she did she couldn't get enough loving B)

IMG_0925.jpg

Rosie's Babies....Seven kittens, wow. Rosie was a wonderful mommy!

13345_101330556556174_1000003769146.jpg

This is my love, Scribbles. He is the one of Rosie's babies that I kept. I love him dearly, even though he is a monster, literally. :D

Picture020.jpg

Happy :D Such a wonderful mommy! Happy was found very pregnant outside a hotel in DE (near a major highway) by one of my mothers friends. Happy is now scheduled to be spayed and has become another resident of ours. I mean seriously, how can we put her back where she cam from? She's way too happy to have always been a stray. Oh well, she will always be loved from now on!

Picture098.jpg

Happy's Kittens. Five kittens Three boys (gray striped) and two girls (black and white) one of the girls was long-haired, neat!

Picture065.jpg

This is Taz, Happy's kitten that we are keeping. He also had a home, but was returned because things didn't work out. Now my mom is in love and can't let him go haha!

IMG_0492.jpg

This is Squeaky. He is a great hunter and acts much more like a dog than a cat. (Will follow you around the entire yard) He is 14 years old. He was a kitten of a kitty that found us. She passed away years ago.

IMG_0489.jpg

This is my girl Mitzi. She is the only cat we purposely got. I picked her out of a litter that a neighbor of ours had. She is my baby. Well not really, she's now 16 years old. Unfortunately, she also has hypertension and is now blind from it. Luckily we are treating it, and she seems in better spirits. She is my first kitty ever :D

IMG_0478.jpg

This is our beautiful Winnie. We believe that she came from the horse farm that Rosie did. However Winnie and Mona came to us years ago, Rosie arrived this past Spring.

IMG_0475.jpg

This is Mona, we believe that Mona is the mother and Winnie and the daughter. They are very close and snuggle each other all the time, very cute!

We also have Roo, Callie, Joey, and Rusty, I just don't have scanned pics of them on hand.

Once again thank you so much for letting me share and for sharing with me! I LOVE reading these stories! :)

Hey, you were born an animal angel and you can't get out of it. LOL!!!!

There are 2 blind kitties in my brood of 10 , Docs think it could be genetic, Inbreading, But they get on fine. One climbs up on my porch rroof and down, and the others never leave them alone anywhere, so it's all good.

Just want to say, If one of my posts get picked, Please send it to NutterJacktoad, .

I have a Thunder Egg, the rock, and I'll get myself a coin later on.

It wasn't so much the his sad face, but the story and the pic of you cuddling him. Your probabally one of the very few that ever cuddled him.

Too Sad.

Opalsns

That is soooo kind Opalsns!