E-mail notifications

Shilo

Is anyone else noticing e-mail notifications haven't been coming through?

I got a bunch about 2 and half hours ago but I've been logging a personal tracker in/out of caches for the last 30 minutes and still haven't received a e-mail notification.

you mean e-mail notifications for caches and TB on your watchlist?

worked fine for me a little earlier

Yes that is what I meant.

Some are coming through as I log but the ones that didn't come through earlier still haven't. I did just get a log cache on my watchlist too. Wonder how many aren't?

Domo!!!

I haven't received 'Found it' notification email from a cache that has been on my watch-list and which I've found and logged today, also missing all Owner notification of my placing of several TBs I own. All seems logged okay my 'Your Profile' page. The 'retrieved' owner notification email from the same cache all came okay. Throughout today, other notifications from my 'Watch-list' also seems to missing, but not all of them, strangely.

Interestingly, I had no such problem for the cache I found yesterday, practically doing the same thing with my TBs. Watch-list notifications looked okay until today.

Something newly changed on GS's system causing the problem?

- Dr.MORO

Domo again!

Still happening.

Yesterday, after logging a find with dropping my TBs, no Watchlist:Found nor Owner:Placed notifications at all. Though, for the Onwer:Retrieved notifications, about the first half of them did not come, by the latter half came through. Very Weird!!!

Anyone else?

- Dr.MORO

Domo again!

Still happening.

Yesterday, after logging a find with dropping my TBs, no Watchlist:Found nor Owner:Placed notifications at all. Though, for the Onwer:Retrieved notifications, about the first half of them did not come, by the latter half came through. Very Weird!!!

Anyone else?

- Dr.MORO

Forgot to mention, everything was logged fine in My Profile page immediately.

Meaning something definitely not working with the GS's email notification system.

I got a bunch about 2 and half hours ago but I've been logging a personal tracker in/out of caches for the last 30 minutes and still haven't received a e-mail notification.

i just contact the website. my email notifications and my all finds queries have stopped working since the new version was installed. Tom of themcguzeks

I noticed today that I had 4 finds on caches that I own (per GC.com my/your Geocaches) but I only received an email notice on 1 of the four. I use the email notification to monitor my caches and have counted on it being accurate. Today, at least, it was not.

It has been more than 24 hours after the fact and these email notifications has not been delivered. I don't think they are just late.

Yes, I had problems receiving notification of two cache find loggers on the 1/24/2010 and have since spoken with two other cachers from different households that are experiencing the same problems on different dates.

In the past few days I'm not receiving notifications for all new "Published" caches .... I do get some of them, but not all.

Four caches came out within one of my notification areas this morning. I did not receive notifications for any of them. Ironically, the cache owners didn't receive notifications either...of their own caches being published!

I have notifications set up around several different "core areas" and have been receiving notifications from them for several years. Since the site upgrade, I have only received two or three notifications from the dozen or so new caches within those areas. Yep, I think something's borked.

Several friends and I have not received new cache notifications for several days. We are getting the emails our caches have been published and I got emails my TBs were moved. I only noticed this since Saturday but it sounds like it has been going on a little longer than that.

salvager

Could this be filtering by someone's ISP??

I just recently got my premium membership and signed up for instant publishing notices, but haven't gotten any yet. Don't know how frequently to expect them as it depends, I know, on whether or not there are any new caches in my defined area. It seems my other emails of logs on watched sites have been coming.

Are there geo caching stores, or placeds other than REI that has Caching stuff. Mainly in Dallas- Fort Worth, San Antonio or Austin? I am traveling and would like to maybe pick up some stuff. I live in a somewhat remote area and figured that Maybe while in the big cities I could Shop??? Please E-mail if you have any Ideas.. Thansk and Cache on>>> BIG DADDY FIRE :grin:

x-post from UK forums :

In the last few weeks I have probably received 1/3 of the notifications I should have received, this has been particularly obvious when logging a days caching with my personal tracker. Also one of my caches was found whilst I was on holiday, never received a notification for that.

Email notification is still “iffy”. I posted maintenance on GC1HYM1 today and did not receive an email notification. I posted maintenance on GC1HYMF shortly after that, as a test, and did receive a notification on that one.

It is all very hit and miss as far as I can tell. I'll watch for some response from Groundspeak and if I don't see anything I'll open a case with contact@Groundspeak.com

I saw just now. In my case, Gmail sends all mail from geocaching.com to SPAM BOX - all notifications and queries. Just create a filter to correct this in Gmail. :ph34r:

This is exactly what was happening with mine. I marked them as "not spam" and added the email address that notifications come from to my address book, and they seem to be coming through now.

I wonder how they got marked as spam to begin with, I wonder if there were too many people who didn't want to receive their notifications anymore, but were too lazy to log in and turn them off, who marked the emails from gc.com as spam.

Yes, for about a week now my email notifications have been sporadic at best. I would get notified of some new caches but not all of them as I have found out. Many others I cache with have been complaining mentioning it too.

My PQ's are happening as usual. I have 3 that come twice per week and sometimes I get 1 then a few hours later another then maybe by the end of the day I get the third one or I might just get them all within a few hour period... rarely ever all at once though.

Gmail has NOT been sticking anything 'Geocaching' in my bin....

Edited by BigBadger

Same here, almost. Didn't have any troubles with the email notifications while logging our personal TB in and out of caches this weekend, they came though OK. But have not been receiving SMS notification of new cache publications well within our search radius.

Would be nice to hear something back from TPTB on this.