I want HIGHER maps!

monsterbox

Hi!

As the site design changed and I'm still not able to get full screen maps I again request HIGHER maps!

My main monitor is a 30" 2560*1600 display and even the highest possible maps use just about 60% of my screen. I'd simply like to get higher maps. I don't exactly understand why it is possible to have them sized automatically for horizontal size but not for vertical size.

Please give me higher maps!

Thanks,

Christian

P.S.: That's what I do have at the moment:

GC.jpg

Edited by monsterbox

Hi!

The "highest" map (as you put it) fills my monitor.

My monitor doesn't compare with yours, but if it fills mine, it should fill yours.

Wouldn't that be a monitor adjustment problem as opposed to a geocaching.com problem?

Just guessing. :(

That's exactly why it DOESN'T fit MY screen. It fits yours because your screen has a lower vertical size than mine. That's exactly the reason why I was asking for higher maps ;-)

The picture I posted shows the highest possible setting on my screen and this has nothing to do with adjustment. It has more to do with programming and what Groundspeak decided to set as max possible vertical size.

Bye,

Christian

Hi!

As the site design changed and I'm still not able to get full screen maps I again request HIGHER maps!

My main monitor is a 30" 2560*1600 display and even the highest possible maps use just about 60% of my screen. I'd simply like to get higher maps. I don't exactly understand why it is possible to have them sized automatically for horizontal size but not for vertical size.

Thanks,

Christian

GC.jpg

I'd like to be able to rotate them. Sometimes a group of caches are spread north and south instead of east and west.

Hi!

Thanks,

Christian

GC.jpg

I'd like to be able to rotate them. Sometimes a group of caches are spread north and south instead of east and west.

Odd... that's not the way my maps display (IE8). I thought at first that you had the smallest "Map Size" button clicked, but that doesn't seem to be the case. What puzzles me is the amount of green border at the bottom. I get approximately one blank line following the "Hotels Altec Gear GPS Reviews" links. You have enough for a paragraph!

Hi!

Thanks,

Christian

GC.jpg

One solution is to zoom out a click, then outline the area you want and take a screen shot. Open the screen shot, crop, rotate, and size to your personal specs.

Do you mean Taller Maps??

In HTML the terms are 'height' and 'width' for size of different objects. So using 'Higher maps' is as I see it correct even if it sounds wrong.

I did look at the source and hoped to find some 'max-height' parameter for the map but didn't find it. Maybe there is something in a script that set a maximum height?

I did look at the source and hoped to find some 'max-height' parameter for the map but didn't find it. Maybe there is something in a script that set a maximum height?

In map/default.min.js

var mapSizeArray=[

{size:400,imgSrc:"../images/gmn/ms_sml.gif",imgSrcSel:"../images/gmn/ms_sml_sel.gif"},
{size:600,imgSrc:"../images/gmn/ms_med.gif",imgSrcSel:"../images/gmn/ms_med_sel.gif"},
{size:800,imgSrc:"../images/gmn/ms_lrg.gif",imgSrcSel:"../images/gmn/ms_lrg_sel.gif"}];

Hi!

Hi!

Thanks,

Christian

GC.jpg

Odd... that's not the way my maps display (IE8). I thought at first that you had the smallest "Map Size" button clicked, but that doesn't seem to be the case. What puzzles me is the amount of green border at the bottom. I get approximately one blank line following the "Hotels Altec Gear GPS Reviews" links. You have enough for a paragraph!

Oh no, it's really the biggest possible size. It's just my HUGE display that makes the map look small. It's pretty wide but uses just around 60% of what would be possible with my screen.

And I really would like to use all my screen. It just looks like the hights are somehow fixed numbers for the three existing options. I am simply asking for option #4 :-)

Bye,

Christian

Hi!

In map/default.min.js

var mapSizeArray=[

{size:400,imgSrc:"../images/gmn/ms_sml.gif",imgSrcSel:"../images/gmn/ms_sml_sel.gif"},
{size:600,imgSrc:"../images/gmn/ms_med.gif",imgSrcSel:"../images/gmn/ms_med_sel.gif"},
{size:800,imgSrc:"../images/gmn/ms_lrg.gif",imgSrcSel:"../images/gmn/ms_lrg_sel.gif"}];

This looks like what is needed to be changed. Do you know if I can do that by myself? I guess not or am I wrong?

Thanks!

Bye,

Christian

This looks like what is needed to be changed. Do you know if I can do that by myself? I guess not or am I wrong?

Are you running FireFox? It might be possible - I'm not sure how easy it is. I tried a simple way of accessing the array from a script on the main page, but apparently there's some scoping of variables in Javascript to get around.

Are you running FireFox? It might be possible - I'm not sure how easy it is. I tried a simple way of accessing the array from a script on the main page, but apparently there's some scoping of variables in Javascript to get around.

Here you go. Also remembers the size chosen between sessions. Adjust the numbers before the subtraction of 324 to your liking.

// ==UserScript==
// @name		  Geocaching Map Size
// @namespace	 avernar
// @description   Change the size of the Geocaching map and remember the size chosen
// @include	   http://www.geocaching.com/map/*
// ==/UserScript==

unsafeWindow.mapSizeArray[0].size = 1024 - 324;
unsafeWindow.mapSizeArray[1].size = 1200 - 324;
unsafeWindow.mapSizeArray[2].size = 1280 - 324;

var sizeOption = GM_getValue('size');
if(sizeOption == undefined) {
sizeOption = 1;
GM_setValue('size', sizeOption);
}

var sizeCookie = unsafeWindow.Cookie.get('mapsizeopt');
if(sizeCookie == null || sizeCookie != sizeOption)
{
unsafeWindow.Cookie.set('mapsizeopt', sizeOption);
}

document.getElementById('uxMS0').addEventListener('click', function() { GM_setValue('size', 0); }, false);
document.getElementById('uxMS1').addEventListener('click', function() { GM_setValue('size', 1); }, false);
document.getElementById('uxMS2').addEventListener('click', function() { GM_setValue('size', 2); }, false);

setTimeout( function() {
if(document.getElementById("map-content").style.height != unsafeWindow.mapSizeArray[sizeOption].size+"px") {
	unsafeWindow.setMapSize(sizeOption);
}
}, 0);