10 years of geocaching

briansnat

Geocaching is soon to be 10 years old so in honor of this the Society of US Geocaching Enthusiasts has selected the US Geocacher of the Decade. There were many deserving candidates. Some well known to the forum community and some surprises. I have in my hand right now 10 envelopes with the names of the top 10 finishers including the winner of the first ever Geocacher of the Decade award. So without further ado I am opening the envelopes as I type (kind of hard to do that but I'm using my teeth)

10. JamieZ

9. Chilihead

8. JoeGPS

7. Avroair

6. King Boreas

5. Rich in NEPA

4. Planet

3. Markwell

2. The Dam Trolls

And now for the US Geocacher of the Decade. Well what do you know!

#1 BrianSnat

Yeah, yeah. I know some are going to say the vote was rigged. I say prove it.

congrats!!!!

but the thread title is deceiving, should add US to it or post it in the USA Section of the forum, right now it gives the impression that is a worldwide Geocacher of the Decade, at least that what i thought

Edited by t4e

You've obviously have never heard of Rey del Roble (12, 914 finds)

I don't believe SOUSGE uses find count as the sole criterion or the top 10 vote getters would have been the top 10 in find count. But I'm sure Rey del Roble received a good share of votes. He is well respected in "Sausage"

Edited by briansnat

Congratulations are in order, Brian.

After all, the scandal truly is old news (I'm surprised that Stunod would even mention it)(not really)(he's a bitter bitter guy).

Out with the old in the new. An especially good idea among Sousages.

P.S. Your aunt is starting to warm to me. I think I have a shot in '10.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

The vote was definitely rigged. I demand a recount!

Rigged or not, this is an accomplishment of epic proportions!! Congratulations, BrianSnat. I can only hope you're around long enough to be considered for Geocacher of the Century. But who knows if some know-it-all is going to come around in like 2050 or something, and dominate the awards for the last half of the century. :(

Briansnat - congratulations. I must have missed the thread where we could vote on this, but I'm glad that you were honored in such a way. Is there anyway to find out more about the SOUSGE? I tend not to use that "google" search engine thing because I'm afraid it stores my data. There have been strange people hanging around my house.

Anyway, congratulations!

10. JamieZ

9. Chilihead

8. JoeGPS

7. Avroair

6. King Boreas

5. Rich in NEPA

4. Planet

3. Markwell

2. The Dam Trolls

#1 BrianSnat

I can't help but notice that this list is completely skewed toward the Eastern USA. Not a single name from Washington, where geocaching was invented, or California. Where's kablooey? Just a Short Hike? fishiam? robertlipe?

I say the voting was rigged.

But it doesn't matter, as Briansnat would come out on top even if the voting were fair.

Briansnat - congratulations. I must have missed the thread where we could vote on this, but I'm glad that you were honored in such a way. Is there anyway to find out more about the SOUSGE? I tend not to use that "google" search engine thing because I'm afraid it stores my data. There have been strange people hanging around my house.

Anyway, congratulations!

That is your FAMILY. Look again. I'm sure you'll recognize at least one or two of them.

10. JamieZ

9. Chilihead

8. JoeGPS

7. Avroair

6. King Boreas

5. Rich in NEPA

4. Planet

3. Markwell

2. The Dam Trolls

#1 BrianSnat

I can't help but notice that this list is completely skewed toward the Eastern USA. Not a single name from Washington, where geocaching was invented, or California. Where's kablooey? Just a Short Hike? fishiam? robertlipe?

But it doesn't matter, as Briansnat would come out on top even if the voting were fair.

Maybe he misunderstood and it was just a regional?? I thought Nationals were in May. Edited by StarBrand

Anyway, congratulations!

this should keep your data safe and will save energy too

http://www.blackle.com/

#1 BrianSnat

Yeah, yeah. I know some are going to say the vote was rigged. I say prove it.

A guy so desperate for attention that he's stroking himself. Kind of like nominating your own cache for Cache of the Month.

Exxxcuse me. :huh:

But you got that wrong. :(

Brian won fair and square. His Mom emailed me to tell me why I didn't make the top 10 and I had to agree with her reasoning. :(

I'm the one who's so desperate for attention. Heck, I'm stroking myself right now..... :):):o:(

10. JamieZ

9. Chilihead

8. JoeGPS

7. Avroair

6. King Boreas

5. Rich in NEPA

4. Planet

3. Markwell

2. The Dam Trolls

#1 BrianSnat

Avroair is a Washington Geocacher. I've obtained the complete spreadsheet with all the votes. Just a Short Hike came in 12th and you might be happy to learn that you were 14th, just ahead of robertlipe.

Kablooey is #67 and Fishiam came in76th.

Edited by briansnat

The fact that 50% more votes were tallied than ballots submitted should not be of any concern. This is not unusual in New Jersey politics. (Hey. I did work the election board for fifteen years. You'd be surprised what I've seen!)

In the immortal words of a former governor: "When I die, please bury me in Hudson County, so I can stay active in politics."

After all, the scandal truly is old news (I'm surprised that Stunod would even mention it)(not really)(he's a bitter bitter guy).

Bitter? No...maybe surly, but not bitter.

I also find it strange that "squid" was removed from the banned substances list after 2006. Explain that one...

Bitter? No...maybe surly, but not bitter.

I also find it strange that "squid" was removed from the banned substances list after 2006. Explain that one...

Ingestion of squid, while it can be disgusting, does not affect the ability to geocache, not positively anyway.

As a member of the SOUSGE Board I take offense at all of these suggestions of impropriety on our part.

Anyway, congratulations!

this should keep your data safe and will save energy too

http://www.blackle.com/

Thank you! Now I can perhaps remove the tin foil hat for a while.

Unless Briansnat tells me not to...