Greasemonkey Script Updates

Prime Suspect

Did the recent site updates break Prime Suspect's scripts again? I just noticed Log Maximizer and Waypoint Finder aren't working for me anymore. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? :)

Cheers!

*EDIT* Nevermind. It was just me. I see they have been updated again since the last update. My bad.

Thanks again guys for these great tools. :laughing:

Edited by ace862

Did the recent site updates break Prime Suspect's scripts again? I just noticed Log Maximizer and Waypoint Finder aren't working for me anymore. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? :)

Cheers!

*EDIT* Nevermind. It was just me. I see they have been updated again since the last update. My bad.

Thanks again guys for these great tools. :laughing:

This latest version of Log Maximizer includes an auto notification routine. The next time an update is available, you will be notified the first time you run that script. A button click will bring up the install dialog, where you can view the source (to see the listed changes) and/or install the new script. I'll be rolling this out to all the scripts as new releases are put out.

My VIP Script is still not working (Firefox 2) :blink:

There is a known issue with Firefox 2. I'm workin' on it.

In the meantime, if you edit your copy of the script, around line 57

change

var USE_STORAGE = (typeof(window.localStorage) != 'undefined');

to

var USE_STORAGE = false;

After that it will work in FF 2.

I've got better logic in the next version, but I need to work out a few other issues before I can release it.

May not be the correct thread but....

A request for a script or pointing to the location of one that will load all logs of a travel bug/geocoin much like we have a gm script for show all logs on a cache page.

Anyone else like this idea?

A request for a script or pointing to the location of one that will load all logs of a travel bug/geocoin much like we have a gm script for show all logs on a cache page.

I just looked at a travel bug page, and I don't see a link to view all logs. Only page through them. I'm pretty sure there used to be a link, but it appears to be gone now. Without a way to do it manually, a GM script can't do it either.

If I'm blind, feel free to point me in the right direction.

I just looked at a travel bug page, and I don't see a link to view all logs. Only page through them. I'm pretty sure there used to be a link, but it appears to be gone now. Without a way to do it manually, a GM script can't do it either.

If I'm blind, feel free to point me in the right direction.

Yes there was a link(so you AREN'T going crazy!) and I noticed it disappeared awhile ago like Raine said.

I understand why it disappeared(Raine's post) but still liked it :laughing:

Thank you both for replying.

If we determine that viewing all the logs becomes a performance issue there we might have to look at other options.

Not many sites have a "view all" feature like that, for this very reason.

-Raine

If this is lost, then hopefully some thought towards putting a person's own log near the top/separated from the list would be nice? I know you can find all your logs elsewhere, but when you are looking at a cache and trying to remember what log or if you found it or not (hooray for that GM script that gives a symbol at the top), that might be nice.

We've removed the "view all logs" link a couple releases back.

With most Tb's having thousands of logs, a link to view them all on one page was a huge hit to the database.

-Raine

Any chance of making it 20 logs per page?

10 logs is only 5 cachers logs of the TB's journey.

Cacher retrieves TB, then drops TB -2 logs -1 part of the TB's journey.

Currently I can see (with the help of the Geocaching VIP List GreaseMonkey script by Lil Devil) when and what I (and my friends) logged on a particular cache. It's a feature I use quite often when I'm researching caches to do or when I'm validating one of the Challenge caches I own. One of the first things I normally do on a cache page is click the "Show all logs" link, just because of that reason.

Maybe you could extend the Friends functionallity by having a "Logs by Friends and myself" section and a paged "Regular logs" section?

This would serve the purpose of reducing the performance impact, while still offering most of the previous functionallity I think.

Frank, could you point me towards some places that let you view thousands of items at once? And some context as to why the paged manner of data wouldn't work?

-Raine

I did not say thousands Raine - I said all. How many pages/logs here are in the thousands? If ALL is thousands in many cases here, obviously there needs to be a built in limit. A choice of 25, 50, 100 would be good if there is a going to be a limit someday. I am not against a reasonable limit. Newegg allows 100 as its max. Officedepot.com has ALL as an option on a search. I did not say what I said to argue - just to make sure the limit is good size if and when it goes into play.

All is still a choice of MANY places Raine. I use it all the time on searches of various sites.

Frank, you emphasized MANY for a reason, and I asked for clarification.

Officedepot.com doesn't seem to have a an "All" options for searching. They show a max of 60. Where did you see that option at?

http://www.officedepot.com/a/browse/copy-a...white/N=5+4224/

-Raine

Edited by Raine
All is still a choice of MANY places Raine. I use it all the time on searches of various sites.

Officedepot.com doesn't seem to have a an "All" options for searching. They show a max of 60. Where did you see that option at?

-Raine

Really? Does it matter?

I thought the original question was - please may we have some more logs showing by default, and if possible, let us select the amount in 10's|50's|100's|All or whatever...

-Raine

I tried replying to this numerous times yesterday but got the standard hang! Sorry Raine it was officemax not office depot that has all as an option. I agree there needs to be a limit if thousands is the amount on many cache pages, but how many really have thousands?

I do not think you want a list of which sites have all as an option but there are MANY! haha here is one more example, tons of pics too on this one: http://www.thewarstore.org/airsoft/aeg-rif...c&limit=all

A choice of 10, 50, 100, 1000 would be a good option if there are many that are thousands,

Looks as though the VIP list doesn't work now.

Yeah, they removed a bunch of node IDs that the script looks for. Makes it more difficult to find those elements. For the geeks: you have to find another one near it and walk the DOM to the one you want.

The Add Waypoint Finder script was broken by the new release. An update is now available.

Sweet. That is an extremely handy one.

Looks as though the VIP list doesn't work now.

Sigh. Workin' on it.

Very glad to hear that. Love that one. :laughing:

You might have already noticed this, but the e-mail link from Bag O Tricks is no longer showing up and there is some funkiness with the Hide Nav Bar script and the new facebook box.

Edited by rob3k

It would sure be nice if some line of communication between Groundspeak developers and at least certain of our script developers to either prevent those scripts from breaking, or at least give you a head's up on what to expect in the next release.

Thanks once again for your hard work at maintaining these scripts.

It would sure be nice if some line of communication between Groundspeak developers and at least certain of our script developers to either prevent those scripts from breaking, or at least give you a head's up on what to expect in the next release.

SSSHHHHHH! Next thing you know the users of the program that must not be named will be asking for the same thing :)

I don't know about all the others, but as a reviewer, I do have access to the testing server before a release. If you remember the big update in January, I did have all but one of my scripts already updated and ready for release when the site update was pushed out. Unfortunately this week I've been quite busy in my personal life and haven't had a chance to look at the scripts until today. I should be able to push out some updates by the end of the day, and intend to have them all done by the end of the weekend.

Funny thing is some of my scripts are only failing when the website language is set to something other than English. That's probably not something I would have caught on my own, since I don't speak any other languages :)

I don't know about all the others, but as a reviewer, I do have access to the testing server before a release. If you remember the big update in January, I did have all but one of my scripts already updated and ready for release when the site update was pushed out. Unfortunately this week I've been quite busy in my personal life and haven't had a chance to look at the scripts until today. I should be able to push out some updates by the end of the day, and intend to have them all done by the end of the weekend.

Funny thing is some of my scripts are only failing when the website language is set to something other than English. That's probably not something I would have caught on my own, since I don't speak any other languages :blink:

I appreciate your and everyone else's work with these scripts. Great job you all do. It would just be easier if they would just incorporate them into the site.

When you update the VIP list, can you delete the facebook crap too?(btw, I'm joking but it *would* be nice!!) :( I know I'll catch stuff for saying that!!

When you update the VIP list, can you delete the facebook crap too?(btw, I'm joking but it *would* be nice!!) :blink: I know I'll catch stuff for saying that!!

Chrysalides already has :Dlinky

With help from Lil Devil :(

It's a 1 line change, so you can add it to either VIP List after it's fixed, or to Bag of Tricks.

I've updated geothumbs to work with the new site changes. Sorry for the delay in getting it working. The new version is 4.0 which you can download from here. Please let me know if you find any problems.

Gary

Much appreciated - Geothumbs is the one greasemonkey script I miss most when it's not working!

One request. Can you make it an config option to not override the lightbox id on the log images? I'd like to keep them as separate galleries.

No problem. I've added the option use either cross log image navigation or current log only image navigation. The default is cross log navigation as that's my preferred setting :unsure: . Version 4.1 can download from here.

Gary

No problem. I've added the option use either cross log image navigation or current log only image navigation. The default is cross log navigation as that's my preferred setting :lol: .

Thank you very much!

As for the default, well, I guess we can let you have that much. :unsure:

I've updated a few of my scripts so far (Bag 'o' Tricks, VIP List, and Better Driving Directions). I intend to fix the Map Enhancements script next, followed by evaluating the others, and getting to the Friends List Enhancements last, since that page doesn't do much now anyways.

As always, the older scripts should continue to run at least long enough to check if a newer version is available, and will alert you when it's time to upgrade. So don't disable them; just ignore the errors for now.

I've updated a few of my scripts so far (Bag 'o' Tricks, VIP List, and Better Driving Directions). I intend to fix the Map Enhancements script next, followed by evaluating the others, and getting to the Friends List Enhancements last, since that page doesn't do much now anyways.

As always, the older scripts should continue to run at least long enough to check if a newer version is available, and will alert you when it's time to upgrade. So don't disable them; just ignore the errors for now.

Yay! Thanks so much for all of your hard work! One minor problem I noticed with the VIP list is that when I try to 'Load more logs' I get bounced back to my profile page, however I am soooo happy that you got it going again!

Thanks! (Where's the PayPal 'Donate' button on your page?)

Awesome! Not only have I missed it, but a couple of friends that I've installed it for have been nagging me almost daily! VIP List is one of the most "addicting" scripts for geocaching!

You know, I'd love it if all of the geocaching GM developer's scripts could be listed on your "versions" page (or one like it) so we'd have only one place to go to find them.

Thanks!

I'm also seeing the problem with load more logs mentioned previously. And I wasn't notified of the new versions when I opened a few cache pages this morning, but I've had some problems with that in the past so it could just be me.

Edited by rob3k
And I wasn't notified of the new versions when I opened a few cache pages this morning, but I've had some problems with that in the past so it could just be me.

Most scripts only check for updates once a day. So in theory it could take up to 24 hours before you get a notification.