Greasemonkey Script Updates

Prime Suspect

I love the way the log find counter automatically makes the log type "found" when you click to add the number in the text box. Little details, just awesome.

High praise from a reviewer for the additional waypoints script and the log maximizer. Three click waypoints when I need to add them and now I don't have to scroll down to get to the submit button when adding a log to a cache page.

Thanks a lot, man.

Do you gonna update the Gallery Enhancer Script also?

http://gmscripts.locusprime.net/Gallery.html

Thanks.

It's on my to-do list. It's a bit more complicated, because there are actually multiple Gallery formats. They look the same in the browser, but have internal differences. So it really more like 3 or 4 scripts rolled into 1. But I was able to get the cache page Gallery working with just a few minutes of tinkering, so it might not be a big job. Just a matter of having the time to devote to it.

Edited by Prime Suspect

Thanks a lot, man.

Thanks.

It's on my to-do list. It's a bit more complicated, because there are actually multiple Gallery formats. They look the same in the browser, but have internal differences. So it really more like 3 or 4 scripts rolled into 1. But I was able to get the cache page Gallery working with just a few minutes of tinkering, so it might not be a big job. Just a matter of having the time to devote to it.

Thanks for the update Prime Suspect and for all the hard work. I hate looking at thumbnails ha ha

Thanks a lot, man.

Thanks.

If you want I can sign your name on a couple of logs and let you know which ones so you don't have to waste your time caching and you can work on the script. :ph34r:

:tongue: Bump

Ah man, just a bump. here I was all excited that maybe my favorite had been updated. VIP list by Lil Devil.

We all appreciate these scripts so much. The time you creators put into them. Heck, I can hardly write my name let alone something like these scripts.

:( I was just trying to keep this topic on the radar so to speak. I'm also waiting for Lil Devil's VIP list and Locus Prime's Gallery Enhancer (I hate looking at thumbnail in the galleries)

:lol: Bump

Ah man, just a bump. here I was all excited that maybe my favorite had been updated. VIP list by Lil Devil.

We all appreciate these scripts so much. The time you creators put into them. Heck, I can hardly write my name let alone something like these scripts.

:o I was just trying to keep this topic on the radar so to speak. I'm also waiting for Lil Devil's VIP list and Locus Prime's Gallery Enhancer (I hate looking at thumbnail in the galleries)

Dang! I saw this was updated and hoped that the VIP List script had been updated. I've been missing that one big time.

:o I was just trying to keep this topic on the radar so to speak. I'm also waiting for Lil Devil's VIP list and Locus Prime's Gallery Enhancer (I hate looking at thumbnail in the galleries)

Dang! I saw this was updated and hoped that the VIP List script had been updated. I've been missing that one big time.

I just got the new version of VIP List out earlier today. Here ya go!

Sorry for taking so long, but I think you'll be happy with all the new features :D

Sorry for taking so long, but I think you'll be happy with all the new features :D

{{{{{{{Lil and PS}}}}}}

Thanks you guys!!!

:) Bump

:laughing: I was just trying to keep this topic on the radar so to speak. I'm also waiting for Lil Devil's VIP list and Locus Prime's Gallery Enhancer (I hate looking at thumbnail in the galleries)

Sorry for taking so long, but I think you'll be happy with all the new features :laughing:

Wow! I just loaded up your VIP list script, and absolutely LOVE it!!! I had looked at it before (just by reading the script's description) but failed to understand what it does. This time I read a little more carefully. Wish I had known about this a long time ago! I can also see why those that were using it were Jonesing when it was no longer available. Thanks!!!
:) Bump

:laughing: I was just trying to keep this topic on the radar so to speak. I'm also waiting for Lil Devil's VIP list and Locus Prime's Gallery Enhancer (I hate looking at thumbnail in the galleries)

Sorry for taking so long, but I think you'll be happy with all the new features :laughing:

Wow! I just loaded up your VIP list script, and absolutely LOVE it!!! I had looked at it before (just by reading the script's description) but failed to understand what it does. This time I read a little more carefully. Wish I had known about this a long time ago! I can also see why those that were using it were Jonesing when it was no longer available. Thanks!!!

Yup... I concur! This is a really handy script! You are most definately a VIP!!!!

Cheers,

Jon.

VIP List and Gallery Enhancer back in action. Yes! :)

I missed being able to quickly see if a favorite cacher had found a given cache. Groundspeak should really steal the concept of that script and incorporate it into the site. Makes it way more enjoyable to browse from cache to cache.

Thanks for the work. :laughing:

But...

VIP List isn't working for me. :)

Firefox 2.0.0.20

Vista

Greasemonkey 0.8.20100211.5

I get the VIP badge, it will change colour if clicked.

No VIP box displayed. (Intermittent!) it appears if VIP badge is clicked

Click VIP badge box appears and says "This list is not complete. Load more logs" but all logs are shown...

Doesn't show logs of cachers on the VIP list.

Wow! I just loaded up your VIP list script, and absolutely LOVE it!!! I had looked at it before (just by reading the script's description) but failed to understand what it does. This time I read a little more carefully.

Well, certainly while there is no replacement for reading carefully :laughing: I'm open to ideas to improve the documentation. It's a complicated script that does a lot of things, and the documentation is equally complicated. If there's something I can do to simplify the instructions, I'm all ears (or eyes).

Maybe I need some cliff notes with just the highlights, and link off to the more detailed docs... :)

Wow! I just loaded up your VIP list script, and absolutely LOVE it!!! I had looked at it before (just by reading the script's description) but failed to understand what it does. This time I read a little more carefully.

Well, certainly while there is no replacement for reading carefully :laughing: I'm open to ideas to improve the documentation. It's a complicated script that does a lot of things, and the documentation is equally complicated. If there's something I can do to simplify the instructions, I'm all ears (or eyes).

Maybe I need some cliff notes with just the highlights, and link off to the more detailed docs... :)

Nope... it was all my fault for not taking the time to read it all before. At that time, though, I was just discovering Firefox, Greasemonkey, and the various scripts, so I had a lot to absorb. If I were to make one minor change to your page, it would be (OK, this is gonna sound ironic after the recent Groundspeak upgrade) to add some more white space. Just a blank line between the paragraphs, maybe a little more space around the screen shots. Might make it easier/quicker to read.
If I were to make one minor change to your page, it would be (OK, this is gonna sound ironic after the recent Groundspeak upgrade) to add some more white space.

Dang it. You made me spray hot chocolate on my monitor :ph34r::laughing::)

But yeah, the page is a little tight. I'll see what I can do. In moderation that is. :laughing:

Great job. Thanks.

Log Maximizer works but (at least for me) doesn't hide the TB windows as before.

That's possible. I didn't have a TB in my inventory at the time and couldn't test it. I can now. I'll issue an update if I find a problem.

I'm seeing the same thing. Is there an update for this or do I need to do something on my end?

Thanks to both Prime Suspect and Lil Devil for their work on these great greasemonkey scripts.

Cheers! :laughing:

Great job. Thanks.

Log Maximizer works but (at least for me) doesn't hide the TB windows as before.

That's possible. I didn't have a TB in my inventory at the time and couldn't test it. I can now. I'll issue an update if I find a problem.

I'm seeing the same thing. Is there an update for this or do I need to do something on my end?

Thanks to both Prime Suspect and Lil Devil for their work on these great greasemonkey scripts.

Cheers! :laughing:

Thanks for the reminder. I've fixed that now. I just uploaded to the site. Just re-install, and all should be good. Here's the link to the page.

Edited by Prime Suspect

The best thing about the most recent site update is I learned about Greasemonkey scripts. Thanks to all the authors for improving this site.

On VIP I tired to only show the VIP logs and clicking on the people icon is not working. May be user error, idk. Great stuff either way.

VIP List isn't working for me. :laughing:

Firefox 2.0.0.20

Vista

Dude. Firefox is up to 3.6 now. You really should upgrade.

But barring that, go to Tools >> Error Console, press Clear, then open a cache page. Send me an email with any errors you see.

Firefox 3.6 not supporting Windows ME.

I'm stuck with this old box for the time being...any other options?

If the VIP List is not working for you, please go to Tools >> Error Console, click on "Errors" and "Clear", then open or refresh a cache page. Let me know any errors you see.

If nothing shows up, try clicking on "Warnings" - you'll see a whole bunch of CSS errors there, but scroll through at let me know if you find anything that mentions "VIP" or does not mention declarations.

Edited by Lil Devil

Great job. Thanks.

Cheers! :o

Thanks for the reminder. I've fixed that now. I just uploaded to the site. Just re-install, and all should be good. Here's the link to the page.

Thanks Prime Suspect. Much appreciated. :)

I turned off all other greasemonkey scripts. Here's what I got.

Warning: Expected declaration but found '*'. Skipped to next declaration.

Source File: http://www.geocaching.com/css/yui27-reset-fonts-grids.css

Line: 8

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'float'. Declaration dropped.

Source File: http://www.geocaching.com/css/geocachingMasterScreen.css

Line: 25

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'width'. Declaration dropped.

Line: 27

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'cursor'. Declaration dropped.

Line: 67

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'padding'. Declaration dropped.

Line: 496

Warning: Expected ',' or '{' but found ';'. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.

Source File: http://www.geocaching.com/css/geocachingMainPrint.css

Line: 110

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped.

Source File: http://www.geocaching.com/css/jqueryGeocac....7.2.custom.css

Line: 18

Thanks again!

VIP List isn't working for me. :)

Firefox 2.0.0.20

Vista

Dude. Firefox is up to 3.6 now. You really should upgrade.

But barring that, go to Tools >> Error Console, press Clear, then open a cache page. Send me an email with any errors you see.

Firefox 3.6 not supporting Windows ME.

I'm stuck with this old box for the time being...any other options?

I received a couple of emails showing me exactly what the problem is. The same problem was present in my Bag-o-Tricks script. I released an update to that one a few days ago that should work on older versions of Firefox, although I don't have an older version installed so I didn't test it. Let me know if you still have issues.

Bag-o-Tricks (and most of my scripts) should also work on other browsers that can run Userscripts, with appropriate Greasemonkey compatibility scripts installed, but so far I've only done light testing on Opera. Please let me know of any success or failure you experience.

VIP List is next on my list to fix. This backwards-compatibility bug isn't the only bug I've become aware of, so give me a few days.