Bookmark lists to highlight favorite caches

Opalblade

These are what I have:

1. Caching Highlights (Caches (that I've been to) that are in the top of my mind for one reason or another (not including my own or any of my family's))

2. Good Micros/Park & Grabs/Virtuals (I'm still working on this one)

3. Milestones (these are my milestones of all kinds)

4. Must do's (caches around the world that I aspire to find some day)

5. Wenatchee Area Highlights (highlights in my town area)

I'd like to start bookmarking my caches that were my favorites for various reasons - where hidden, theme, container, camo, etc - and was curious what categories people who like to do such things have for their own bookmarks :P

One local cacher has a "Recommended in Winter" public bookmark that contains a list of caches in our area for which the difficulty does not increase during winter (one of them is already a 4 star diff)

We have one public book for favorites - we say in the intro they are favorites we'd look forward to doing again for one reason or another. We identify the state and usually say a few words about why the cache was a hit with us. As far as your plan - it might get complicated to create separate favorite lists based on different attributes - some caches might hit them all!

We've got bookmarks that were required/requested by owners of challenge caches.

We've also got quite a few private bookmarks. Some are for ongoing challenges (it often takes us years to complete one). Several are for trips we plan to take. One is for caches that require a boat. One is caches of interest in our state. One is caches of interest elsewhere. One is for puzzles we'd like to solve even if we never get to the final cache. And so on...

We really appreciate the bookmark feature.

I have a couple of groupings. Besides "My Favorites", I have:

Bookmarks for specific trails or areas:

- Stone Mountain Park

- Dupont State Forest

- Pinhoti Trail

- Benton MacKaye Trail

- Silver Comet Trail

Broader range groups:

- Hiking caches

- Haunted caches

I also have a "Wanna Do" bookmark and a "Coin Drop" bookmark.

I'd like to start bookmarking my caches that were my favorites for various reasons - where hidden, theme, container, camo, etc - and was curious what categories people who like to do such things have for their own bookmarks :P

I have 2:

• Micros I enjoyed - creative, scenic, clever or something else that brings them a few notches above the rest of the micro crowd.
  • Nice dog walk - quiet woods/forests/tracts where you can enjoy some unencumbered time with your dog while caching.

My public bookmark lists are:

- Great "Aha!" Moments (mostly puzzles)

- Excellent Craftsmanship (some caches are works of art)

- Public Art (some caches are on/near public sculptures and other public art)0

My shared bookmark lists (which are visible if you look at my bookmarks, but which are not visible on the bookmarked cache pages) are:

- my progress towards a local challenge cache

- my milestone caches

My private bookmark lists:

- solved unfound puzzles

- caches that I'm monitoring for a local open space district

~ Favorite easy hides

~Favorite natural locations

~Favorite hides (clever or unusual)

~"Unusual caches" (a compilation of caches that area cachers suggested in our local forum to satisfy my desire for something different.)

~ DeLorme NY (caches I've done for the NY DeLorme Challenge cache)

I wish that more people in my area kept up-to-date bookmark lists. That reminds me... I've got a couple caches to add to my lists. :P

Mine are:

Puzzles Worth Solving - Puzzles I think deserve honorable mention

FGA Solve-At-Your-Desk Puzzle Caches - Puzzles you can solve from information in the cache page alone (one per FGA region)

Active Earthcaches in the FGA Southeast Region

Active Webcams in the FGA Southeast Region

Active Virtuals in the FGA Southeast Region

Plus: ePete's Egomania - Cache pages that reference me or my caches ;-)

My shared bookmark lists (which are visible if you look at my bookmarks, but which are not visible on the bookmarked cache pages) are:

- my milestone caches

- solved unfound puzzles

I recently tried to make a bookmark that was shared but not visible on the cache page - like NiraD's second category - but was unable to do so. Clicking only on "shared" but not "public" resulted in nothing. The only way to share it was to click both share and public, which results in the bookmark being viewable on the cache page.

As a test I went to NiraD's profile to look for the two he mentions. Neither are there, the only bookmarks visible are the three in his first category of public bookmarks.

Has anyone else noticed this or have a suggestion?

- my milestone caches

- solved unfound puzzles

I recently tried to make a bookmark that was shared but not visible on the cache page - like NiraD's second category - but was unable to do so. Clicking only on "shared" but not "public" resulted in nothing. The only way to share it was to click both share and public, which results in the bookmark being viewable on the cache page.

As a test I went to NiraD's profile to look for the two he mentions. Neither are there, the only bookmarks visible are the three in his first category of public bookmarks.

Has anyone else noticed this or have a suggestion?

To share a non-public bookmark, you have to send the link to those you want to share it with.

Yes, thanks Mertat, I should have mentioned in my previous post that I did try that as well and the recipient said they were still unable to to view it. They only way they could view it was if I made it public in addition to shared.

I'm wondering if this is a new problem related to the latest update.

Yes, thanks Mertat, I should have mentioned in my previous post that I did try that as well and the recipient said they were still unable to to view it. They only way they could view it was if I made it public in addition to shared.

I'm wondering if this is a new problem related to the latest update.

Odd. I just tried it with a friend of mine and it worked fine.