Geocaching Meccas in the Midwest

Mickey4jes

If you're travelling in April, plan to stop by Monroe City, Missouri, for the Midwest Open Geocaching Adventure (MOGA). This mega event will take place at Mark Twain Lake, where there are 200+ existing caches, with 100+ more that will be released for the 2010 event. You can geocache at your own pace, or you can enter the individual or team competitions for a chance to win a custom-made gold, silver, or bronze trackable geocoin. Check out

GC1TF5K.

What are some towns/cities that have a large number of caches in a condensed space? Or just alot of really clever caches?

I'm planning a geocaching marathon with some friends for the spring and we're looking for a really cool destination that's not too far away from us in Indiana.

Mick here.. we own Timberline Cabins of Ohio next door to Salt Fork State Park.. am new to the biz of geocaching.. but we have folks stay at our cabins to search in the park... there are some on the site who have found and search the surrounding area.... but check it our on the web... Salt Fork State Park...

What are some towns/cities that have a large number of caches in a condensed space? Or just alot of really clever caches?

I'm planning a geocaching marathon with some friends for the spring and we're looking for a really cool destination that's not too far away from us in Indiana.

Check out the Beloit, Delavan, Lake Geneva, Janesville area, right on the IL state line. Rockford IL also has tons of caches.

The Magician & His Assistant said a great location. I live in Fenton, MI and I've still yet to get half the caches in the area. Many of them are in great locations, really close together, and the best part: FREE PARKING!

If you feel like going on a bit of a longer trip, Mackinac Island, MI has a bunch of great ones all over the island.

The Magician & His Assistant said a great location. I live in Fenton, MI and I've still yet to get half the caches in the area. Many of them are in great locations, really close together, and the best part: FREE PARKING!

If you feel like going on a bit of a longer trip, Mackinac Island, MI has a bunch of great ones all over the island.