Deactivating a coin

guiderchachi

I have two personal coins that I activated as soon as I got them because I thought it was the thing to do. Now I have a chance to enter an unactivated coin into a contest but I don't own any. Can I deactivate one of the ones I have? Is it possible? Just curious.

Guiderchachi

No. The only time Groundspeak has ever unactivated a coin is if it was an incorrect tracking code entered by accident.

I have two personal coins that I activated as soon as I got them because I thought it was the thing to do. Now I have a chance to enter an unactivated coin into a contest but I don't own any. Can I deactivate one of the ones I have? Is it possible? Just curious.

Guiderchachi

No. The only time Groundspeak has ever unactivated a coin is if it was an incorrect tracking code entered by accident.

Hmmm... I have one of those ;) Never knew GS would do that, just been awaiting its owner to try to activate it, LOL check it....right here http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1065081

If all you need is a unactivated geocoin to enter the cointest and thats what your wantin to do, I gots one for ya. tell me where it goes and get in on the cointest :mad: or you can often get em for less than 10.00 at many of the coin sites.

Edited by 007BigD