Caches placed in a yard/lawn/driveway - IS IT CREEPY?

WHO-DEY

I used to live with a beekeeper. I always wanted to put a micro in one of the hives! Yes, the cache page would tell you to knock on the front door. We'd fire up the smoker, you would put on the bee suit and go and retrieve it. Would have to make it a puzzle I guess to make sure that cachers actually read the page.

Never did it, it could have been fun.

That sounds like an AWESOME idea! Do it! Do it!

Sadly it is a long way from MI to MA, but we could plan a geo-trek.

As long as you knew that it was the cache owner's yard, it shouldn't be a problem.

Who can explain the quirks and foibles of the human condition?

Different things creep out different folks.

After explaining that it was harmless, I once tried handing an eastern hognose to an ophidiophobe.

I swear I can still hear the screeching. :huh:

That's true. Come to think of it, even this forum "creeps out" many people, although I have no idea why! :rolleyes::P

After explaining that it was harmless, I once tried handing an eastern hognose to an ophidiophobe.

I swear I can still hear the screeching. :rolleyes:

Dude, those things will poop and puke on you. That would be like... handling an infant child. Ew.

Which... the hognose, or the ophidiophobe?

I once knew a rough & tough oil field worker that would scream and run if anyone tossed a length of rope at it, even if he knew that it was only a rope. Phobias run deep, for sure.

Does anyone else find it creepy to find that a cache is located in a persons driveway or yard. Not deep in acres of property...but a yard. I am talking about caches that are placed in a subdivision size lot, in a neighborhood. I just can't see neighbors liking it...and I am nto comfortable with my kids going there alone (not that they are old enough yet). I know my neighbors would be real unhappy if I placed a cache in my yard. who knows who would could pull up. There are some (to put it lightly) odd and irrational cachers out there, trust me, i know from experience. I avoid finding them at all times. I am just curious how other cachers feel about it. <_<

Maybe I could drive by, throw one of those sig cards out the window and drive away.

I have found at least a couple in other peoples yards - nothing creepy about any of them.

Even put one above my own mailbox, in a birdhouse Nest Sweet Nest

Haven't had any complaints yet.

Further more I really don't think it's any of my neighbors business what I'm doing (non-commercial) on my property. If they (or you) find it distasteful, simply don't taste it.....

P.S.

Littering my yard with a Sig Card is not finding the cache.

Edited by SwampFox4Christ

1e560c52-0d70-4dd4-b451-4f4b8f7b01e7.jpg

What is creepy about this cache? This cache sits on the side of our garage. We have busted a few cachers here and had a great time talking.

Now with that being said, I also want to add that we do feel uncomfortable searching for a cache on private property if it is well hidden and a lengthy search is needed. We don't mind private property caches if the hide is pretty obvious and the cache page states that it is on private property.

We need to stop generalizing, and look at things on a case by case basis. Not all private property caches are uncomfortable.

Oh sure....post a picture of the hide. Way to ruin it for me johngie. I guess there is no "Joy in Mudville" now with this cache. Off to put this one on my "Ignore List" now.

Let me know if you camoflauge this one and then maybe I will hunt for it.

now where did I put my "shaking fist" emoticon?

<_<;):):laughing:

I myself like doing caches at peoples houses as long as there are sufficient clues to make me sure I am in the right yard.

Well said VJ24. That is a good point! Nothing more embaressing than realizing your were trampling in the neighbors shrubs and flowers..especially in the snow...tracks don't lie! :laughing:

well..as I said I would...I went and found Johngies cache placed at his house (TAG YOUR IT - GC22Y0C). (pictured above) Since I knew where it was via the photo's , and since I know the area really well, and know of him, my son and I headed over there on my way taking him to school. I will say, there was little eery feeling like the whole residential neighborhood was watching me sign the log. The felling had zero to with Johngie, or his neighborhood....but it was a neighborhood with houses and only houses everywhere you look. Anyway, it was a big wooden box. My son liked it and had fun, and that is what is most important. :laughing:

Edited by WHO-DEY

well..as I said I would...I went and found Johngies cache placed at his house (TAG YOUR IT - GC22Y0C). (pictured above) Since I knew where it was via the photo's , and since I know the area really well, and know of him, my son and I headed over there on my way taking him to school. I will say, there was little eery feeling like the whole residential neighborhood was watching me sign the log. The felling had zero to with Johngie, or his neighborhood....but it was a neighborhood with houses and only houses everywhere you look. Anyway, it was a big wooden box. My son liked it and had fun, and that is what is most important. :laughing:

I am glad that you stop by and got our cache and that your son enjoyed it. I believe that all residental caches and well as business cache give the feeling of being watch, at least that is what we feel. Hopefully you did not find it creepy. We have wanted to place one on our property for a while, but we wanted something obivious so that it would not be creepy and it took some time to find the right container.

As for the neighbor, don't worry about him he knows about the cache. As a matter of fact, we both checked out the container a couple of days ago.

I am glad that you stop by and got our cache and that your son enjoyed it. I believe that all residental caches and well as business cache give the feeling of being watch, at least that is what we feel. Hopefully you did not find it creepy. We have wanted to place one on our property for a while, but we wanted something obivious so that it would not be creepy and it took some time to find the right container.

As for the neighbor, don't worry about him he knows about the cache. As a matter of fact, we both checked out the container a couple of days ago.

Johngie,

yours for sure was not creepy....bright sunny day...no worries. :)TFTC