Pausing or storing Oregon 300 Trip Computer data?

wahoowad

I use my Oregon 300 Trip Computer to track distance and average walking speed for fitness walking I do. I usually have to do a Trip Computer reset to start it off fresh, but wish I had a way to pause or stop the trip computer without resetting it again. My walk may have ended but I am not ready to record my data to my fitness software, yet the trip computer continues to run. This changes my average walking speed and distance. Is there a way to pause/stop it without doing a reset?

I use my Oregon 300 Trip Computer to track distance and average walking speed for fitness walking I do. I usually have to do a Trip Computer reset to start it off fresh, but wish I had a way to pause or stop the trip computer without resetting it again. My walk may have ended but I am not ready to record my data to my fitness software, yet the trip computer continues to run. This changes my average walking speed and distance. Is there a way to pause/stop it without doing a reset?

Have you thought of using the stopwatch feature instead? Be careful though - it's not saved when you shut off the gps, but still it's a useful feature. Just remember to keep track of the data some other way.

I see the stopwatch on it but that only seems to start/stop the timer on the stopwatch page. You don't get your average speed and distance traveled stuff on the stopwatch screen.

How about using the record track feature? Start recording your track when you begin and then stop recording when you're done. Of course, once you start up again you may have to start a new track. I'm just guessing on that since I haven't tried it that way. Even with multiple tracks, I'm able to join them in BaseCamp. Just a thought.

Duh....how do I take a screenshot? Never done that and don't see it in the manual

Go into setup ... display ... turn screen capture on. Then it's just a matter of pressing the power button to capture the screen.

I should also mention that you'll then need to hook the device to your computer to retrieve the screen capture.

Edited by cycler48

I see the stopwatch on it but that only seems to start/stop the timer on the stopwatch page. You don't get your average speed and distance traveled stuff on the stopwatch screen.

Too bad - sounds like Garmin dumbed it down from the stopwatch I was used to, on the 60CSx. I hadn't used the Oregon stopwatch yet and assumed it was the same but obviously not. I used to use the 60 stopwatch while walking the dogs, to tell how far that part of a trip was...

Just booted up my Oregon and it's not as detailed as I remember my 60, but it does have lap distance, total lap and average lap. Not much, I admit.