Geocaching.com website problem

reef runner

This may seem out of the blue, but I ran into this for the first time a couple weeks ago when helping a friend and I wonder if it could contribute:

You don't by any chance have "Fast Browser Search" set as your default search engine in IE8, do you?

It's spyware that is drive-by installed by some Facebook applications. It actively resists being disabled or deleted, so that even if you think you have disabled it in IE8, it's still running. Nasty little thing. If it is on your computer, I would bet actual money that it is the cause of your problems, since it appears to hijack pages as they are loading to collect info to send back to its home base.

Yet another reason to avoid social networking sites.

Edited by Indotguy

This may seem out of the blue, but I ran into this for the first time a couple weeks ago when helping a friend and I wonder if it could contribute:

You don't by any chance have "Fast Browser Search" set as your default search engine in IE8, do you?

It's spyware that is drive-by installed by some Facebook applications. It actively resists being disabled or deleted, so that even if you think you have disabled it in IE8, it's still running. Nasty little thing. If it is on your computer, I would bet actual money that it is the cause of your problems, since it appears to hijack pages as they are loading to collect info to send back to its home base.

I can't say for sure, as I have never heard of "Fast Browser Search", as a default search engine. To the best of my understanding, my default search engine is Google. Otherwise, my computer does go through a full system scan, daily. It surely scans for syyware, and other malicious material, during this scan. I've been using Norton Internet Security for years. If you would be so kind as to direct me, as to where to look, I will be more than happy to check on the "Fast Browser Search", because I'm pulling what little hair I've got left, out.

As for Facebook, and social networking websites, this forum, and standard email, is about as social as I get. I do not visit, and have never even been to the Facebook website, whatever that is. I don't know anything about it......however, practically everyone I know is on Facebook, but, I have never joined, or investigated it.

Thanks for your help............

If you would be so kind as to direct me, as to where to look, I will be more than happy to check on the "Fast Browser Search", because I'm pulling what little hair I've got left, out.

Click here for more information about Fast Browser Search and how to remove it if it's been installed in your browser.

The instructions mention also removing a Facebook application called MyTattoo, but there are other ways the plug-in can wind up installed. If you've never visited Facebook or installed MyTattoo, you can ignore that part.

--Larry

Edited by larryc43230

If you would be so kind as to direct me, as to where to look, I will be more than happy to check on the "Fast Browser Search", because I'm pulling what little hair I've got left, out.

Click here for more information about Fast Browser Search and how to remove it if it's been installed in your browser.

The instructions mention also removing a Facebook application called MyTattoo, but there are other ways the plug-in can wind up installed. If you've never visited Facebook or installed MyTattoo, you can ignore that part.

--Larry

Hi Larry, Thanks for the info, however, I don't have any of that on my computer. Just to make sure, I did go and check, but it's not there. As I said, I've never even been to Facebook. I'm not a social network junkie, for sure....................thanks again

Now, (not directed at you Larry) this problem that I am experiencing, began, not close, but exactly, when GC.com made the changes to the website, back in January, just as it has effected all the other people that have chimed in. Yes, my system will work with Firefox, and Chrome, but I USE IE8, and I am not going to be forced to change what I am comfortable with, just because of one website. I'm just not going to use Firefox, or Google Chrome. I don't like them, I don't like anything about them. I've always used IE, and I am using the very latest version, with the very latest, up to the minute, updates.

The way to fix everyones problems, and again, there is an endless stream of problems coming into the Groundspeak forum, but no one seems to take notice of that, but still, the way to fix them, is to put the website back like it was. Hey GC.com, ever heard "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T TRY TO FIX IT".

The website was working perfectly until those programers got their fingers on the keyboards..........Why not flip the switch back to January 1st, then let those programers play with the program, until they get it right, and THEN, maybe would be a better time to "dump" it on us.........

I think you need to step back and try to look at your problem from a slightly different perspective. Try this analogy. I once had a car that would not start under very specific conditions. These involved high speed operation, humidity, length of stop etc. I took it to multiple mechanics who made multiple adjustments, none of which fixed the problem. Some worked on it after it had been towed to their garage. The problem was not reproducible. Finally someone did something which several others had tried and the problem disappeared.

You are using WidowsXP as am I. I usually use Firefox but I do have IE8 on my computer because there are some things I need to do that require it. I tried accessing Geocaching.com with it and everything worked. If a significant percentage of people using the website were still having problems there would be many, many people posting in your thread, there aren't and many of the posters are having different problems.

Since you seem to know many people who are having this problem, perhaps you are in a position to find the common shared factor. Is everyone using the same ISP or security software or running the same slightly unusual application?

When the Lackeys tell you, they can't help you because they cannot create the problem, it is the simple truth. A mechanic can't fix a problem if they can't make it happen. Groundspeak is not going to roll back the website for you or anyone else. One of the reasons for the change was to fix a significant security flaw. Changing back isn't going to happen.

I hate IE8. I do, however need to access a website that won't work with Firefox so I use IE8. It appears to me that you have the same choice. Until someone can figure out what is causing the problem, you have the same choice, you can use Firefox or Chrome or you cannot access the website.

Team Taran

I was able to access geocaching.com without issue on my home desktop running Windows 7 and IE8. Reefrunner, sorry you're still having troubles.

I'm leaving tomorrow so I don't have much time, but I am totally willing to try to report what is going (rather, not happening) on my work machine. Can I get any pointers on what to report?

Work computer

Windows 2000 Professional

Internet Explorer 6. I was mistaken about this. I thought I was running IE7 but evidently even that is not compatible with this machine/Windows version.

Java 6, update 17 (not sure if that is pertinent)

I can load the site. I can log into the site (non-premium member). I tried to view my Profile but it locked up. I was already viewing a different page and had use Task Manager to terminate GC.com. I tried it again and was able to start to load my Profile page. It said it was done but the blue task bar still showed and I still had the hourglass cursor. Once again I had to use Task Manager to terminate. I do not get any error messages. I've also tried it by not viewing my Profile and instead attempting to search for a cache listing. I can input my criteria and the search results page starts to load, but gets "jumpy," locks up, and eventually I have to use Task Manager to terminate.

Is there any other information I can provide that might help?

I think you need to step back and try to look at your problem from a slightly different perspective. Try this analogy. I once had a car that would not start under very specific conditions. These involved high speed operation, humidity, length of stop etc. I took it to multiple mechanics who made multiple adjustments, none of which fixed the problem. Some worked on it after it had been towed to their garage. The problem was not reproducible. Finally someone did something which several others had tried and the problem disappeared.

You are using WidowsXP as am I. I usually use Firefox but I do have IE8 on my computer because there are some things I need to do that require it. I tried accessing Geocaching.com with it and everything worked. If a significant percentage of people using the website were still having problems there would be many, many people posting in your thread, there aren't and many of the posters are having different problems.

Since you seem to know many people who are having this problem, perhaps you are in a position to find the common shared factor. Is everyone using the same ISP or security software or running the same slightly unusual application?

When the Lackeys tell you, they can't help you because they cannot create the problem, it is the simple truth. A mechanic can't fix a problem if they can't make it happen. Groundspeak is not going to roll back the website for you or anyone else. One of the reasons for the change was to fix a significant security flaw. Changing back isn't going to happen.

I hate IE8. I do, however need to access a website that won't work with Firefox so I use IE8. It appears to me that you have the same choice. Until someone can figure out what is causing the problem, you have the same choice, you can use Firefox or Chrome or you cannot access the website.

Team Taran

Thanks for the pep talk, but let me ask you this, suppose all three of your vehicles, all different brands, all with different engines, or brake systems, or whatever, - What if all three had the same problem, at the same time, and they all started at the exact same time................What would you think then ?

I do appreciate you taking the time to attempt to help, but I have already heard it all, and there "are" people with the same problem, a lot of them. There are all kinds of problems, coming in from all over, not just under this specific topic. I simply don't think anything is being done about it. And once again, I don't have anything unusual, going on here. Please understand again, 3 different computers, 3 different brands, 2 different operating systems, and all using IE8, as is most of the rest of the world. My problems started the day they changed the website...........

Again, I appreciate your concern and help, but I simply don't care any more. No one else does, that's for sure.

It's not at all that we don't care, it's just that we can't reproduce the problem you're having. I don't mean to minimize the issue at all, but try to see it from our perspective. Can you fix a problem you can't see? We will keep looking.

Well it sure seems like a lot of people are having the problem.

Actually, no. It doesn't not any more. Even in the beginning of this thread, it wasn't all that many people. Believe me... if it were very many people, this thread would be on page #9,197 by now. Whatever it is that you and a few others are experiencing is unusual and you will need to work with, not raging against, Groundspeak if you are to get it resolved, since they apparently are unable to replicate the problems, and that is the first step of fixing it.

It's not at all that we don't care, it's just that we can't reproduce the problem you're having. I don't mean to minimize the issue at all, but try to see it from our perspective. Can you fix a problem you can't see? We will keep looking.

Well it sure seems like a lot of people are having the problem.

Actually, no. It doesn't not any more. Even in the beginning of this thread, it wasn't all that many people. Believe me... if it were very many people, this thread would be on page #9,197 by now. Whatever it is that you and a few others are experiencing is unusual and you will need to work with, not raging against, Groundspeak if you are to get it resolved, since they apparently are unable to replicate the problems, and that is the first step of fixing it.

I've tried to work with them. Basically I was told I needed to clear my history and my cache. Well, that's the line, that every, "flunky, first-line tech support", person tries, no matter what the problem, just to get rid of you. So, needless to say, after explaining that I do this, no less than daily, and usually numerous times a day, I quickly realized, that effort was going no where. All I was told is that they were working on it. Great!

Ok, maybe everyone that uses the website doesn't have this exact problem, but just go and look at the constant stream of various problems that people are having. It's continuous, and most all of them began in January. Now, someone asked if the other people, that I knew personally, had the same ISP, as I. As a matter of fact - NO. I happen to be on Time Warner Road Runner. One neighbor is on AOL, and another on some other provider, that I've never heard of. Just seems funny, that the two people that I know, personally, that use the site, are also having similar problems on their systems. It's also very frustrating, when you are trying to show them the joys of geocaching, and they you "hit the wall", with the very one website, that you need to work....................needless to say, interest dwindles quickly.

Thanks again, for your encouragement, but like I said before, I really don't care any more.............

I don't know anything else to do, or anyone else to go to. I've had system's people to take a look, at my computers. They've run all kinds of diagnostic checks, virus checks, hardware checks, etc,. My systems are clean and healthy. They are up to date, as they can possibly be, and they were when they were checked. No problems of any kind on any of my units. And as for the, "here today, gone tomorrow", problem, I've been told unequivocally, by those that know much more than I, that this is NOT my problem, that it is clearly a "BUG" in the website's program. These are people that make their living with this stuff. So basically, I'm at a loss. All I know is that I DID NOT HAVE A PROBLEM, before January. If people, that know these systems, inside and out, tell me that I do not have any problems, then please tell me what am I to do. I have done every single thing, that every forum member has suggested. I have looked for every "phantom program", that every one has brought up. None of that stuff is on my computer. Getting on this website, is about as "wild" as I get, so far as surfing the web and browsing. I don't venture out in directions that I know nothing about. My computer is fully scanned daily, and updated. You won't find many people, that are more careful, or more diligent about computer health, safety, and security, than I. I just give up..................thanks for all that have listened to me gripe, and sorry to have taken up so much of your time.............but again, "THIS" isn't worth it...............

I've been re-reading your posts to see if you are seeing the same issue that I am, or not. I do get the header of the cache listing page, but do not get the caches, unless I hit Refresh (F5) one or more times.

The page that I get looks like this:

2df0d23c-f673-48d5-9ba3-9d7e2fb8a1d0.jpg

Notice the "Error on page" message in the lower left. If you click on the icon to the left of that, you will bring up a window with the actual error message. What I get is this:

Webpage error details

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)

If this is also what you are seeing, then it has been reported and acknowleged in at least one other thread. And as I said above, hitting F5 one or more times (usually just once) will get the rest of the page to list.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I SEE AND EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE TO DO ALSO!

I really hate to burst someones bubble, but this problem is NOT unique to IE7 and IE8, whether you are using WinXP or Vista et cetera. It happens with Win98se and IE6, but then again I'm running an antique computer with and old browser and no one gives me the time of day, except to tell me to buy a new computer. Got Money? Send It!

Oh yah, I also run Firefox 2.? and the problem doesn't show up with that browser. Furthermore, when the website changes were made, on IE6 the cache pages became all screwed up the left side. But then at a later date the problem went away, but now it's back. Got Answers?

Telling me to go out and buy a new computer, OPS and browser, (like that's going to solve all the problems) is not going to happen. Some of us old farts who are on limited incomes, cannot at the drop of a hat do that.

Does anyone remember an old adage that says: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!". Sorry to say this, but GC is still broke and my antique computer still works everywhere else without problems.

Does anyone remember an old adage that says: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!". Sorry to say this, but GC is still broke and my antique computer still works everywhere else without problems.

I don't think there is any question that there is a problem with the HTML on the cache pages. I have looked at it and it's not pretty. The problem is that with the way the site is being managed, it looks like it has to be entered as a bug, they have to fix and confirm the bug, and then it gets released as part of a site update.

Since it's one of those intermittent and hard to reproduce bugs, it looks like TPTB have decided to live with it for now.

I do have a suggestion: try loading the print-only pages by appending "&pf=1" to the end of the cache URLs. I wish there were some way to set it so that you could automatically view the whole site that way. The print-friendly pages don't have all the bells and whistles in them, and are less likely to cause your problem.

Aside from that, there is nothing that any of us regular folks can do. It's up to Groundspeak to decide how important you are and to assign your problem a priority based on that.

I've been re-reading your posts to see if you are seeing the same issue that I am, or not. I do get the header of the cache listing page, but do not get the caches, unless I hit Refresh (F5) one or more times.

The page that I get looks like this:

2df0d23c-f673-48d5-9ba3-9d7e2fb8a1d0.jpg

Notice the "Error on page" message in the lower left. If you click on the icon to the left of that, you will bring up a window with the actual error message. What I get is this:

Webpage error details

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)

If this is also what you are seeing, then it has been reported and acknowleged in at least one other thread. And as I said above, hitting F5 one or more times (usually just once) will get the rest of the page to list.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I SEE AND EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE TO DO ALSO!

I really hate to burst someones bubble, but this problem is NOT unique to IE7 and IE8, whether you are using WinXP or Vista et cetera. It happens with Win98se and IE6, but then again I'm running an antique computer with and old browser and no one gives me the time of day, except to tell me to buy a new computer. Got Money? Send It!

Oh yah, I also run Firefox 2.? and the problem doesn't show up with that browser. Furthermore, when the website changes were made, on IE6 the cache pages became all screwed up the left side. But then at a later date the problem went away, but now it's back. Got Answers?

Telling me to go out and buy a new computer, OPS and browser, (like that's going to solve all the problems) is not going to happen. Some of us old farts who are on limited incomes, cannot at the drop of a hat do that.

ATTENTION: This post is written to Fledermaus........... And yes, it may be a bit sarcastic, so with that being said, those of you that don't want to hear my griping anymore, please skip to the next post, along with those of you, that don't want to admit that there is a problem on GC.com. I really don't care to hear back from any of you. As I said, I'm replying to Fledermaus, and only to Fledermaus........so thank you very much !

Hello Fledermaus, Thank you very much for your comments. I'm quite shocked though, because basically, it's been my understanding, that I'm the only one with this problem, and that I should just get "my house cleaned up", shut up, and go away. And the reason is, because I am using IE8 (as does most of the free world), and everyone knows, that IE8, isn't worth a crap, and that it's probably the sorriest browser out there. And likewise, I'm told, "You need to change to something else, get with it". Oh, and of course, then there's Microsoft Windows XP, and likewise, that isn't worth a crap either, and "I need to get rid of that also, and go out and get something else". Oh, and it doesn't seem to matter, that all my stuff is up to date, and that I have had everything diagnosed, by professionals, and that I have been told, unequivocally, that "this is NOT my problem, and that this problem is unique, to the GC.com, website. They've obviously got bugs, in whatever software changes they implemented, back in January 2010"

But, yes, you put it correctly, GC.com is broke, but no one wants to talk about that, or admit it. SHHH! Oh, and it makes no difference, that not only do I have this problem on one computer, but on three computers, and that they are all experiencing the same page error, as are others. I'm told that I should just forget it, and as you say, throw out, all of that old outdated stuff, and go get yourself something new, with all the latest "teckie" bells and whistles (which I have no use for), even though, my computers are all less than a year old, (oh, sorry, I lied about that, maybe one of them is a year and a half old). But never the mind, it's all my problem, to deal with, and I should just quit complaining, and gripping, and work around the issue. After all no one else is experiencing this problem, or we would be having "mass mayhem", here on the forum.

Well, you can just guess, what I think of that. Only thing, I can't say it on this forum. But anyway, I did want to take the opportunity, to THANK, the "ONE" other person, in the entire world, that didn't mind stepping forward, and admitting, that they have the same problem, as I am experiencing (that's wrong too, there are a lot of others, but again, we shouldn't talk about that). So, just thanks, for confirming, that at least you, are experiencing the same issues. I suppose, that all of these other people, have overlooked the obvious fact, that sometime back, way back, and as you so aptly pointed out in your post, "Knowschad", actually posted the "exact screen shot", and error, of what both you and I, are experiencing. I think that he may have even mentioned, that this problem has also been reported in another thread (?) But, I don't know how he was able to reproduce it, because all the knowledgeable programmers, at GC.com, can't seem to do it themselves, and that being the case, since they can't do it, the problem just isn't worth their time to look into, so they continue to ignore the issue. And yes, you are quite correct in your statement, that "this problem is NOT unique, to IE7 and/or IE8, but you'll never get anyone to admit that. You are also correct in your statement, that GC.com is broke, and it is still broke, and it has been broke, since January 2010................but careful how you say that, also.

And as for this problem, well, it's not alone, not by a long shot. The problems are streaming into the forum, on so many different threads, so fast, that I'm sure they don't know whether to sit down, or eat potato salad. The problems being reported, are like an endless stream, and not just this problem, but a mass of other issues, which were all created, back in January. Just take a minute, if you have time, and go look at them. It's mind boggling. But to be quite honest, I don't care why, GC.com made those changes, I agree with you, "If it ain't broke, don't mess with it". Oh yeah, I also, am NOT, going to run out and buy a new computer, with a new operating system, and change browsers, just to be able to access one (1) website. How did you put that, "Ain't going to happen" ? Well, Amen ! Plus, you are correct again, that's not going to fix the problem, anyway. I, like you, don't have any problems, on any of my computers, on any other websites, except GC.com, but hey, I've wasted my time saying that before, also, so once again, I'll close...................good luck, I wish you the best, and carry on. As for me, I'm completed disgusted !!

premium member

windows vista ultimate

service pack 1& 2 installed

java updated

Kaspersky antivirus 2010

IE 7.0

Login to geocaching.com

click "My Profile"

click "filter out finds"

page 1 loads fine (except once I got the red X icon window "operation aborted")

click 2 for second page of caches

window pop up much like the screen shots posted

"Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?lat=....

Operation aborted"

If I click refresh icon, the 2nd page will load

Read the posts here. Disabled ALL add-ons (from all the drop down boxes)

restarted IE, double checked that all add-ons were disabled, caught some more,

restarted IE, now all add-ons are disabled. No more problem!

For a guess, I enabled the aimlocator Class / AOL LLC

PROBLEM REAPPEARS

I really don't have time to go thru all the add-ons and see if others seem connected to the error, but perhaps this info will be useful? Thanks for all you do!

Thanks for the pep talk, but let me ask you this, suppose all three of your vehicles, all different brands, all with different engines, or brake systems, or whatever, - What if all three had the same problem, at the same time, and they all started at the exact same time................What would you think then ?

If all three vehicles had the same mechanic, and all three vehicles started having problems when a new brand of gas was put in and 99% of the other people using that same gas had no problems, I'd probably blame the mechanic.

If all three vehicles had the same mechanic, and all three vehicles started having problems when a new brand of gas was put in and 99% of the other people using that same gas had no problems, I'd probably blame the mechanic.

Well Chilehead, thankyou for your insight. But, just for your information, if you had read my post, you would see that I have had another "mechanic", or two, to check into my problem. Sorry, but I got a clean bill of health. So, what's next, drain the tank, go to another gas station, get a new car, maybe a new radio, maybe an oil change, that ought to help........................?????????

Hmmmm, looks like someone with the same old mechanic, has chimed in, after me. Maybe you can go and pick on (excuse me, try and help) him for a while, or better yet, just read back up the list of post. There is plenty of fresh meat up there, for you to pick on.

Good Luck, and thanks so much for your helpful input...........

AH HA

I believe I have found my problem.

I get the same " Internet Explorer cannot open the ..." and only half a page is displayed.

Well I looked down at the bottom tool bar on my computer and noticed that when it was trying to load the page the computer went to something called about blank. I googled "about blank" and it turns out that about blank is a virus that tries to hyjack the webpage.

Well now. Think I found the problem, not so easy to fix especially because my computer needs a lot of work to begin with, but I believe that's the problem.

I'm having this same problem on two different machines and my mom is having this same problem on her machine on the other side of the country.

Both of my machines are running IE8 and my moms PC is running IE7.

All three machines run Windows XP.

I have a premium membership, she does not.

Two machines run AVG anti-virus, one runs Symantec Endpoint.

This all started back in January when they did the update on the GC.com site.

Glad to know were not the only ones.

I was told just yesterday that I should be getting a "new" work machine next month .... upgraded to Windows XP from Windows 2000, lol. I'm hoping then I won't have any issues. My new home computers DO work perfectly though, so maybe in *most* situations (that's a nod to you, reefrunner) the issues are on older operating systems and/or browsers.

The screen shots and other descriptions/errors are very similar to what I get.

We are still working on this fix, but in the meanwhile I found some information that may help folks deal with the error. The best thing to do would be to upgrade to IE8 (or even better, a non-IE browser); however, here are instructions for IE 6 and 7.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927917

For IE6

You can turn off friendly HTTP error messages in Internet Explorer. This workaround still lets the error message appear. However, Internet Explorer does not move away from the page after the error occurs. This workaround works only for Internet Explorer 6.

To do this, follow these steps:

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

On the Advanced tab, click to clear the Show friendly HTTP error messages check box under the Browsing section, and then click OK.

Close the browser.

For IE 7

Method 1

Add the individual site to Restricted Sites where scripting is disabled by default.

Note This method affects not only scripting but also many other areas of the page, including ActiveX controls, that are disabled or set to prompt for this zone.

To do this, follow these steps:

On the Security tab, select the Restricted Sites zone.

Click Sites, click Add, and then click OK.

Method 2

Set the Active Scripting to Prompt or to Disabled when you view an affected site for the zone in which the site loads.

Note This setting affects all the sites in the zone and should be set back to Enabled when you browse other sites. Determine what zone the site is loaded under by viewing the lower-right corner of the Status Bar.

On the Security tab, select the zone the site loads under.

Scroll down to the Scripting section, and set the Active Scripting to Disabled - prevents scripts or to Prompt - prompts user to run or not to run scripts.

Click OK.

Note Method 1 and method 2 for Internet Explorer 7 may make the site unusable. Only disable scripts if the issue occurs frequently on the same site. If you change the Scripting setting, make sure that you reset the setting back to Enabled afterward so that other sites in that zone are not affected. If you cannot disable scripting, use Workaround 1, or upgrade to Internet Explorer 8.

OpinioNate

Ok what is the work a round for IE8

I was using IE6 until Someone in Jan broke the Web-site and so I installed IE8 and that help SOME.

But when I complained on here I was told I was a trouble maker and was not helping at all.

I am like reef runner I give up.

I will just keeping hitting REFRESH RETRY every cache page REFRESH RETRY ,REFRESH RETRY.

Please let someone know when and if you get this FIX.

"We are still working on this fix, but in the meanwhile I found some information that may help folks deal with the error. The best thing to do would be to upgrade to IE8" I DID,DID NOT FIX " (or even better, a non-IE browser) IT ANT GOING TO HAPPEN

I am getting the same problem I think

WHen I click on new search and enter say a country e.g guernsey

it starts to load then I get the error message

Internet Explorer canot open the Internet site http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx Operation aborted

so I click on the box it closes down the site and leaves me with the internet explorer page with no connection.

so close explorer and start again. and get the same error.

luckily I have my local page stored under my favourits and normally this works fine. but I cant search for any new areas.

very frustrating