Geocaching Presentation Materials Wanted

frex3wv

I have been approcached about doing a series of 1 hour talks (that will be open to the public) during the upcoming summer months.

If anyone reading this has done them before - I would really appreciate you sharing any sorts of information you may have with me (to include, but not limited to: outlines, agendas, hand-outs, powerpoint presentations etc.)

Thanks in advance for any and all help you can provide!

A friend and I did a couple of presentations off the cuff to a local 4H Leaders council and to our own 4H club. What we did was borrow 3-4 GPSr, made 2 different caches, & hid them just for the meetings to give the kids and adults a taste of caching without exposing any of our great local caches. After the meetings were over we picked up our caches and went home.

Having a few examples of cache containers, swag, and maybe a geocoin or travel bug would be good to have along too.

Be sure if you use anyone else materials you have permission to do so. This includes photos you get from the internet. I'm constantly having to bust folks for copyright violations. It doesn't have to have a copyright or trademark on the image, name, written material, etc. for it to be protected. I have helped recover thousands of dollars for storm chase friends when they've found their stuff on the internet or TV (video mostly). Violations can cost a few hundred to thousands and thousands of dollars.

Just cover you butt is the point. Get permission in writing.

Be sure if you use anyone else materials you have permission to do so. This includes photos you get from the internet. I'm constantly having to bust folks for copyright violations. It doesn't have to have a copyright or trademark on the image, name, written material, etc. for it to be protected. I have helped recover thousands of dollars for storm chase friends when they've found their stuff on the internet or TV (video mostly). Violations can cost a few hundred to thousands and thousands of dollars.

Just cover you butt is the point. Get permission in writing.

Just took a look at your website - WOW - you're a storm chaser!!! :P