Tracking number error

*Jeremy*

There's no way to un-activate the coin but you can adopt it over to the owner.

Goto http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/ and enter in the reference number located on the upper left of the coin page, not the tracking number.

In cases where a player has(accidentally?) activated a Coin that doesn't belong to them, I think Groundspeak can undo the Activation. This would be a time to use that option(If you typed in the wrong number when fetching the activation code AND during the activation at GS.

Goto http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/ and enter in the reference number located on the upper left of the coin page, not the tracking number.

I once put the wrong tracking # on an activation - one of those bulk activation codes group coins.

Way back in the past, when some trackign codes were minute!

Groundspeak did delete the activation for me.

Just had to be patient, as coins are not the top prioirity for the volunteers - but within a few days, they did get back to me!

I once put the wrong tracking # on an activation - one of those bulk activation codes group coins.

Way back in the past, when some trackign codes were minute!

Groundspeak did delete the activation for me.

Just had to be patient, as coins are not the top prioirity for the volunteers - but within a few days, they did get back to me!

;)

So, if this can be fixed in a few days, how come after several months no one can fix my problem ? I activated a coin, it came up with the wrong icon and description. I contacted both the dealer (several times) and Groundspeak, but no one seems able to do anything about it. It left me with enough of a bad feeling that I haven't bought any geocoins since then. It'll be a year in March.

I contacted Groundspeak and they deleted the coin. Now I started from fresh and was unable to register the coin with what I was told was the correct number:(

I had to track down the coin which was in a cache near an airport and getting ready to travel. The original number was correct although I can see why the 5 was mistaken for a 6. I had to take a picture of the coin and enlarge it just to make sure the number was a 5.

I added a piece of paper with the tracking number so cachers in the future don't have a similar issue.

Thank you to everyone that replied.

Jeremy

N2BUF