M.I.A Coins

daveindeal

I have recently become an addict of following coins but am unable to purchase any due to tight funds at the moment, i have even looked thru cache listing just to read up and see where the coins have travelled.

I have been following the Pay it forward thread and have got 5 coins from that.

You hear all the time of coins disapering or being stolen.

I am offering to take adoption of any coins that are M.I.A

i will create a proxy..... not just a paper slip, i will cast a coin out of aluminium the same shape, size, dimention as the lost original and then using ink transfer will have the original coins image added to it, as well as hand engriving some features (if required)

This will then be set free, to continue travelling as a memory for the original, (clearly stating proxy in the coins title)

If the original ever returns from the unknown, the proxy will be returned to me and the original sold to the highest bidder, with all money going to the charity chosen by the original owner that put the coin for adoption.

I have recently become an addict of following coins but am unable to purchase any due to tight funds at the moment, i have even looked thru cache listing just to read up and see where the coins have travelled.

I have been following the Pay it forward thread and have got 5 coins from that.

You hear all the time of coins disapering or being stolen.

i will create a proxy..... not just a paper slip, i will cast a coin out of aluminium the same shape, size, dimention as the lost original and then using ink transfer will have the original coins image added to it, as well as hand engriving some features (if required)

This will then be set free, to continue travelling as a memory for the original, (clearly stating proxy in the coins title)

If the original ever returns from the unknown, the proxy will be returned to me and the original sold to the highest bidder, with all money going to the charity chosen by the original owner that put the coin for adoption.

I LIKE your idea and it will be a GREAT pay it forward ( :huh: IMHO)

I will adopt one of my missing coins to you TBXWR9 Alwayslooking 99 .I would like to see the coin you cast to replace it,and maybe you can adopt a few more of my missing coins to send out again traveling.

Email sent :lol:

I have recently become an addict of following coins but am unable to purchase any due to tight funds at the moment,

>>>cut<<<

>>>cut<<<

Couldn't you offer this service to others to earn some money? You might be able to buy yourself some coins.

I have recently become an addict of following coins but am unable to purchase any due to tight funds at the moment,

>>>cut<<<

>>>cut<<<

Couldn't you offer this service to others to earn some money? You might be able to buy yourself some coins.

Not in here he can't.

This is only a hobby so im not going to offer the service at a charge, and any money that arises from the will go to charity that need it more than i need to buy my own coins.

So far i have recieved 3 MIA coins that i wll start to create the proxy, but betwwen work and family im havent got a timeframe for "GC time"

If anyone else whould ike to offer a MIA coin just post here and when i have completed the ones submitted i will email you for an adoption.

You might want to get ahold of Mike @ geocoinclub - he might provide you with the original art for the coin... just a thought.

FYI - This was the very coin that got me started in coins - it was dropped by the owner (Allwayslooking99) in "Russell Sage's Namesake" (now archived) that I placed in front of my house disguised as a gas pipe! AL99 was the FTF on that cache.

Good Luck

~J

ok another spare bit of time at work today, so here is the next MIA coin prepared for ink transfer:

it is Mini Film Canister Geocoin by DarrylW4 & Firefly03

de383c40-72d9-4657-a3f8-ea81ddd67b3d.jpg

and here is the image i have created for the transfer:

d41c8414-8cdb-4ece-9362-1f80c0d7e0c4.jpg

next stage is when i get a full dry day i will create a cast from aliuminium and then try the transfer process on bot coins that i have so far.

This is a good idea that I have a coin for..

Unfortunately this coin never made it more than 10 miles, and I never actually even got to see the coin in person.. Hopefully you can revive it, but I ask that you can keep the reason for its travels intact, since its a Look Twice Coin... Reviving this coin & getting it going again will help to Promote Motorcycle Awareness!!

TB2X8T3 - Todie's Wild Ride: Fallen Riders