Geocaching.com Site - Anyone having problems?

Seganku

Is anyone having problems with the Geocaching.com site. I cannot search for caches, view caches from my home coordinates etc. Whenever I click a link/run a search I get the message 'windows cannot open the site - operation aborted' or something along those lines.

My pc is all up to date with security software etc, and I haven't installed anything new recently.

Just wondering if anyone else is having these glitches before I go all Rambo on the pc! :rolleyes:

Edited by Seganku

Is anyone having problems with the Geocaching.com site. I cannot search for caches, view caches from my home coordinates etc. Whenever I click a link/run a search I get the message 'windows cannot open the site - operation aborted' or something along those lines.

/quote]

I'm having exactly the same problems including receiving that message! That's why I've been on the forum tonight - to see if anyone else was experiencing this. However it seems to happen unpredictably and I can be navigating perfectly well when suddenly I get a problem. So sometimes the links work, sometimes they don't, sometimes if I reload the page it then it works, sometimes it doesn't! Sometimes I don't get the bottom section of the page, and then sometimes I get that operation aborted message and get booted out of gc.com completely.

Been happening for a number of days now but seems to be getting more frequent? It's really irritating and is really putting me off going on the site as much as I normally do!

Edited by allieballie
I don't have any problem whilst using Firefox but GSAK brings up Internet Explorer which slows things down terribly. Is there any way of changing GSAK to use Firefox in it's own browser window?

I haven't found a way but there is a work around. In Options - General set "Action on Double click" to "Open URL" Then double clicking a cache will open it in your default browser (in a separate window, not the split screen)- which should be Firefox if you set it when you installed it.

Edited to add:-

I saw yesterday that Firefox now has 40% of the UK market and in Germany and Switzerland, it has overtaken IE.

Edited by Just Roger