Oregon 550 won't run Wherigo's

keehotee

Hi - sorry if this has been covered elsewhere....

Tried to do a local Wherigo yesterday - the first one for a few months - but it wouldn't open on my Oregon.

By wouldn't open, I mean it just froze the whole unit, and needed batteries pulling to reboot.

This also happened on my partners 550, so I know it's not unique to mine.

When I first got the Oregon last year I had a bit of a play with the preloaded sample, and that worked fine, but when I tried that again yesterday it also froze the unit.

Has anybody else had this problem? Has one of Garmin's firmware updates knocked Wherigo out?

I have had the same problem with my 550t after downloading ver 3.0 software update from garmin. I couldn't run anything and it locked up the same as yours. After messing around for a while I deleted all the Wherigo cache data and the saves and then downloaded the tutorial again and reloaded. I did notice that the size of the data was slightly smaller than the original which was on.This seems to have worked and have tried since the solar system stroll - play anywhere Wherigo. Before you try this I suggest that you back up the files from your garmin Wherigo folder just in case. Hope this helps

Hi - sorry if this has been covered elsewhere....

Tried to do a local Wherigo yesterday - the first one for a few months - but it wouldn't open on my Oregon.

By wouldn't open, I mean it just froze the whole unit, and needed batteries pulling to reboot.

This also happened on my partners 550, so I know it's not unique to mine.

When I first got the Oregon last year I had a bit of a play with the preloaded sample, and that worked fine, but when I tried that again yesterday it also froze the unit.

Has anybody else had this problem? Has one of Garmin's firmware updates knocked Wherigo out?

Yes I have just posted about this my Garmin 550 freezzess up how do you delete the down loads???I added 2 on and the origanal Tutorial is there as well???HelllllP