registering a group name?

matheson.dw

If you're a group of 3, 4, 6, 30 however many individuals and you are likely to be all caching together regularly, and want to play the geocaching game as a group, then certainly you can start one account for your group and call yourselves The GeoWanderers or whatever name is available.

On the other hand if you just want to go caching occasionally with a few friends and the group is likely to be very variable then it might make more sense for each individual to have their own account name and only log the caches they do when they're out with the group.

Does that help?

MrsB :rolleyes:

(The Blorenges are a group of two. It's almost always the two of us but occasionally we cache separately - they all get logged under the joint name.)

Edited by The Blorenges

You just set up separate accounts for the individual names (as you have done for matheson.dw) and one for the whole family - TheMathesons - or whatever.

You will have to do the find logs on all the accounts individually though. So if you go out as a family of 6 one afternoon you'll need to do 6+1 on-line logs for each cache you find! That's quite a lot of logging. There's no easy way around it.

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges

That is what I have done. My daughters and I have our own accounts but when we go out we sign the log as Team3D, which stands for Dad, Daughters, and Dog.

We created an account under that name but it has no logs. We only reference in our individual find logs so that if someone were to check the log sheet and wonder who Team3D was, they could look it up and see links to our individual profiles. It also makes it easier to log the cache with one signature instead of 3.