Please return to the old style

dl4mea

Hello,

using geocaching.com since nearly 5 years now, I would ask to return to the old style. This new design is awful and makes reading not simple.

No, it is not that one first must get used, it is the filling grade of the pages, which is more widespread but with smaller (thinner) characters that you must first look for and then you can read.

Regards, Guenter (from Munich)

The new layout sucks!

FULL ACK !!!

Too small fonts, too large line spacing, totally misplaced elements (i.e. the hint decoder), oversized tables and so many more things that have been mentioned in several threads before.

Hope the 'designer' will work on other topics in the future ... let's say washing cars or doing the dishes.

What has happened to GeoCaching.com ? :)

I am having a problem with the geocaching website. It seems when I try to log off, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When I go through the process of logging off, it appears that I am logged off. However, I can then close my browser (IE8), bring it back up, go to www.geocaching.com , and when it comes up, it says that I am still logged in. Then also, when I can log out, I can not close the page, or bring up another website on that page. It will not allow the window to close. I have to shut the browser completely down, to get away from www.geocaching.com ? I get an error tone and message as follows:

X This window is busy

Closing this window might cause some problems.

Do you want to close it anyway?

OK Cancel

Also, when I am logged in, and I click on my screen name, and try to get a list of my local caches, (with or without finds, excluded) based on my home coordinates, I am receiving an error message that says, it can't open the website? Here is the message I am getting.

X Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...;lng=-78.373064

Operation Aborted

OK

Those are my home coordinates, shown in the message, in the degree format, but of course, everything on the geocaching website is in the degree minute format, such as N36 24.079 W78 22.384

My computer is working fine and I am having no other problems of any kind, with the computer, or any other website? I have never had any kind of problem with www.geocaching.com in the past, either? I am haveing the exact same issue on three different computers. One is directly hooked to (wired) the cable, one is wireless, both using IE8 and Windows XP. I also have the same issue on a third computer which is running Windows Vista.

What has changed? I'm dead in the water.................

Reef Runner

As for the origin coordinates in the link for the page you pointed us to, I don't see anything funky. DO understand that internally, the gc.com website does not use that format for storing things or pointing to maps. It just uses that format for the default display of such things for you and I.

It sounds like your common point between your machines is that they are all running IE8. So far, it sounds like most people with serious problems are running IE6 and prior, so yours is not all that common an issue.

While you're in IE8 on a gc.com page that is giving you grief, try the old CTRL-F5 trick to force a reload on the page for each of your machines. It could be that your machine has cached the error page. The site has been up and down a bit over the last few days. The first instance of the errors you mentioned may have been real, and your computer may be "remembering" those pages.

Edited by ecanderson

I thank you for the suggestion, however, when I first ran across this problem the other day, I went to my desktop, just to check and see if I had the same problem, plus it is not wireless. That computer had not been to geocaching.com in months and months. After I saw the same problem, I then fired up my wifes laptop, which is running Windows Vista. This machine, likewise, hasn't been to geocaching.com in a year or more, however, the exact same problem existed.

Something has changed on the website, recently. I don't know what, but something has definately changed. I don't use it daily, but I have never had a minutes trouble from the geocaching website, so I know something is different. I'm seeing somewhat of a different look, also ??

What really bugs me, is I can't get an answer from geocaching.com, nor from the narrator of this forum. I've tried three different ways, to ask for help, to no avail............

I do appreciate your suggestion, and I will try it. I've never heard of that before, but if you think that Ctrl F5 will do something to help, I'll sure give it a try................thanks

Oh, I'll let you know how that goes................ :)

:laughing: Ureaka !!! You hit the nail on the head................Ctrl F5 did the trick............Stupid Me !!!!

Thank you, thank you !! :laughing::rolleyes::unsure:

Well, I guess I spoke too quickly. I went and had dinner, came back, brought up www.geocaching.com, then tried to access my area geocaches, and there it was again........... :)

X Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...;lng=-78.373064

Operation Aborted

And then when I tried to get out of it, once again............. :shocked:

X This window is busy

Closing this window might cause some problems.

Do you want to close it anyway?

OK Cancel

The only way that I could get out was to completely close down the browser................I just don't understand what has changed with the website............... :huh:

I'm about ready to give up on GeoCaching.............. :laughing: