Logging Visits

Bee & Mi

Hey all! This was our first day of caching, and I logged 3 visits earlier today. So far they are not showing on any of the pages. Is there a delay in visits being posted, and if so how long? I didn't want to log them again, and be repeating myself. Should I wait it out, or try reposting them? :unsure:

Thanks much, can't wait to head out again!!

Hi & welcome to Geocaching :)

I'm not sure what you mean by a posting "delay".. do you mean the log you signed in the notebook at the geocache itself, or the online web page log?

The web page log goes in immediately.. the log posted at the cache site stays put at the site.

Thanks for the quick response! I meant logging a visit on the website, on the cache's page. I went to each cache page that we visited, selected to log our visit, typed in our entry, and submitted it. I wasn't sure if posts had to be approved before they were viewable, as I know some sites "review" postings first. I assume if the web page log goes in immediately as you mention above that I should try reposting, but it's funny all 3 didn't take. Newbie gremlins? :unsure:

It should be very nearly immediate. I see no caches logged under your account.

What OS are you using? Browser? version?

Are you sure you hit submit and selected a "found" log type? Did you type up your experience?

What caches?

Thanks to all trying to help! I am using Vista Home Premium SP2, with Google Chrome 3.0. I did select Found for 1 and Did not find for the other 2, and then typed in my details. :unsure: After hitting submit, it just went back to enter another visit. I will definitely try again! I had accepted the terms before downloading to my GPS.

UPDATE: Just tried again, and it worked! Our first find is logged. Thanks again, and I still say it was Newbie Gremlins.

Edited by Bee & Mi