What's your area look like?

DragonsWest

Hey... what's with all those unfound caches, guys? Viewing the map with a sock puppet account, or what?

Here is what some of my area looks like, zoomed to 1 mile. You can thank King Boreas for most of it:

9cac24f1-2d75-4441-94bd-3f56a189fd11.jpg

(If you could only see how many now-archived caches I have found in this same map view... well, it would be a lot more yellow than it is!)

Edited by knowschad

Untitled.png

Not enough caches to be found. We have to travel now.

What are those stars on your map?

Caches owned by JJTally

I didn't even have to see any of the words on the map to know where that map is. The shape of the lake is unmistakable. Manhattan, KS.

K-S-U We'll carry the banner high!

K-S-U Long, long may the colors fly!

Loyal to thee, thy children will swell the cry!

Hail! Hail! Hail! Alma mater!

Edited by k_statealan

Anyone care to explain how you get the map picture posted? I tried and failed!

Post a picture to a cache page, or photobucket.com, then link to it here using the image button.

I was able to get it to show 431 caches within about 6 miles of home.. I've found all but 5 or 6 i believe.

Funny: Look at the 'dead zone' in central los angeles... literally :unsure:

f668ede2-4682-4caa-8ebf-754ccbae5cdf.jpg

Edited by benh57

What are those stars on your map?

Those are for caches that they own. :)

Ah, thank you. I guess I'll get those when I start hiding my first ones this year. My goal in my group is for each of us to do 12 this year. I'm so excited.

One per month? :unsure: Have fun!

Our local group made a thread about that for a year or two, encouraging each of us to average one a month so that we had new caches placed for all of us to find. It was fun, and helped us to communicate and grow together as a community. :D

Well, here's my valley, set at 2 miles. It's a beautiful place to cache, we're at the foothills of the Cascades, and we have the Columbia River flowing down the middle.

Granted, I'm probably behind by at least 30 cache find logs, but who knows when I'll catch up, so I'll post this anyway.

wenatcheecachecropped.jpg

Hm, that's weird. The last one said 2 miles, but when I zoomed it out one notch, it still says 2 miles:

wenatcheecachescropped.jpg

I'm hopelessly stupid and have tried three different ways to make a screen shot, but when I go to the saved file, all I get are the broken down little bits, not the page.

So.....at two miles zoomed out, with my home in the upper right corner, there are 299 caches. We have one that published late last night to find.

NY Paddler, my brother went to Cornell and we made a trip out there to visit long ago. What a wonderful area (great wine, too!) It would make a fun trip to go back and explore via geocaches.

Edited by Trekkin' and birdin'

Here's my area, where North Austin, Cedar Park, and Round Rock TX meet. I'm at 100+ caches, with many of my finds not in this area, so I have a lot of fun ahead of me :rolleyes: I couldn't get it to zoom out to 2 miles, too many caches. The empty triangle in the middle is a huge family owned ranch whose owners have refused all offers to buy their land for development. Most of my hides are in this area, a few others are nearby.

Here's a link:

http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx...;zm=13&mt=m

Edited by Opalblade

How are you guys getting your photobucket images to look so big and clear? I printed my screen, saved as a jpg in paint, uploaded to photobucket and stuck it in here with img brackets and it looked really tiny.

I'm not sure, that's what it sounds like I did. Did you crop the image, first, to take out all the extra screen stuff and only include the box with the map on it?

I'm not smart enough to figure out how to post the map, but using my house as the center and at the same zoom level, there are zero caches on the map.

Haha, I'm going to try...Just learned yesterday how to save a Screenshot as a picture. Let's see if I can do it on my own?

64cc8118-d1d3-42ac-803a-d8f1d0a711d2.jpg

I'm at the black X, and it looks like I'm just inside the East Oakland Dead Zone.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I'm hopelessly stupid and have tried three different ways to make a screen shot, but when I go to the saved file, all I get are the broken down little bits, not the page.

So.....at two miles zoomed out, with my home in the upper right corner, there are 299 caches. We have one that published late last night to find.

NY Paddler, my brother went to Cornell and we made a trip out there to visit long ago. What a wonderful area (great wine, too!) It would make a fun trip to go back and explore via geocaches.

Just learned that yesterday...I use the Printscreen function, and "control v" to paste the screenshot into a paint document, then crop and save.

How are you guys getting your photobucket images to look so big and clear? I printed my screen, saved as a jpg in paint, uploaded to photobucket and stuck it in here with img brackets and it looked really tiny.

I'm not sure, that's what it sounds like I did. Did you crop the image, first, to take out all the extra screen stuff and only include the box with the map on it?

Yes I cropped before I saved. When I upload to photobucket though (or my geocaching gallery) it shrinks it to a tiny blurry picture :rolleyes:. I assume everyone is using free photobucket accounts ?

Yes I cropped before I saved. When I upload to photobucket though (or my geocaching gallery) it shrinks it to a tiny blurry picture :rolleyes:. I assume everyone is using free photobucket accounts ?

Make sure that the URL you paste in the img brackets is for the page where you are wiewing ONLY the image you want to display