Salt Fork State Park area

OhioLand4U.com

Maybe next year.... you may consider the S.E Ohio Region, Salt Fork State Park... as the center for the Ohio and Mid Usa get together... We have over 23,000 acres in Salt Fork State Park with a 3,000 acre lake. Othe Lakes in Muskingham Watershed District include, Piedmont, Clendening, Atwood, Leesville, Seneca and Salt Fork.. Great place to hunt for Goodies and disappear in the Wilderness for a Long Time....We at A+Timberline Cabins of Ohio are right next Door to this Most visited State Park in Ohio... There is year round camping, Lodge, Cabins and more to enjoy.. for more information feel free to contact my wife Lori at.. www.logcab.com Mick and Lori Maag.....

Hi, I noticed your note on the cache page for Midwest Geobash as well as on here. Your best means of contacting us is through email: info@mwgb.org ;)

That also goes for anyone else interested in suggesting future locations, or any other communication about the event.

Thanks for the interest :)

Mick

I like the idea but it looks like you are just wanting to promote your own business, to make something like thios happen you will need some people locally who make all the arangements and get everything lined up. It is not a 1 or 2 day thing, it takes several months to get things setup. You need some pretty good sized building to house the different activities, and places for cachers to camp. The park won't be too friendly to the big parties in the campgrounds, and I think salt fork will not allow alcohol in the camp grounds.

Are you willing to take the lead and set an event up? maybe on smaller scale first and let it grow.

Mick

I like the idea but it looks like you are just wanting to promote your own business, to make something like thios happen you will need some people locally who make all the arangements and get everything lined up. It is not a 1 or 2 day thing, it takes several months to get things setup. You need some pretty good sized building to house the different activities, and places for cachers to camp. The park won't be too friendly to the big parties in the campgrounds, and I think salt fork will not allow alcohol in the camp grounds.

Are you willing to take the lead and set an event up? maybe on smaller scale first and let it grow.

Mick

I guess i am replying ... I have a couple of options..I am the first Disk Jockey to create said listings in the Akron Phone Books, 1982. I am 49 years old and have thrown parties all my life.. mostly in the 3-600 person range. Facilities.. I have them in the area and the Park will allow us to utelize the beach area with a Beer Garden, if done in conjuntion with the "Friends of Salt Fork". tis a group just for said events. I see you are a race fan.. We also have a race track outside of Tappan Lake.. 250 Speedway. Right on rt 250 with ability to throw events there as well.. still in the muskingham water shed.. so yes.. you got the right people on the Party throwers... I would just need to find out what the needs are and work from there.... feel free to contact me directly at any time... 330-283-2834 Mick

Mick

I think you misunderstood me, I would love for more to happen in this area, I travel several hundred miles for those "bashes", be nice to have one in my backyard. BUT for that to happen there would be alot of work to be done and that would take several people who knew what needs done and then get it done. I am not one of those people, I don't have the time or the knowledge to do something like this.

Mick

I think you misunderstood me, I would love for more to happen in this area, I travel several hundred miles for those "bashes", be nice to have one in my backyard. BUT for that to happen there would be alot of work to be done and that would take several people who knew what needs done and then get it done. I am not one of those people, I don't have the time or the knowledge to do something like this.

no problem.. i am new to this area of expertise...yet i have done orienteering for many years in the military... i am meeting new customers to my cabins in a month who are very active in this adventure.. we have had 4 or 5 other groups come to stay with us.. but have yet to catch up with any of them to have them explain the program or go along... i have a gps.. but probably to set said caches... i would need a better, more sophisticated gps... but am curious... dont see the opportunity for me to put together a program this year.. but maybe next... btw.. it looks like you are in my Hood....? Mick we own timberline cabins next to the park.... send me an email.. mick@ohioland4u.com