reviewers really swamped?

sycomix

just wondering i am new at this and don't know how long it usually takes a reviewer to approve a hide, but i suppose if they needed help i have network access 95% of the time and don't mind volunteering if needed.

I have hidden 2 so far, and found 5... would be 6 but did not find that one, i got hooked and now have started adding to the fun.

ohh and is there anything one has to do by the rules to form up a team? i have sold a few of my friends on this activity also.

thanks all who reply.

Sycomix

just wondering i am new at this and don't know how long it usually takes a reviewer to approve a hide, but i suppose if they needed help i have network access 95% of the time and don't mind volunteering if needed.

I have hidden 2 so far, and found 5... would be 6 but did not find that one, i got hooked and now have started adding to the fun.

ohh and is there anything one has to do by the rules to form up a team? i have sold a few of my friends on this activity also.

thanks all who reply.

Sycomix

First of all, there are no "rules" but only guidelines. So, if you want, form a team however you want. As long as you act in a manner to be respectful of cachers and caches you will be fine and tell the people who complain to get lost (without a GPS).

As far as reviewing caches, it would likely be years that someone would have to be active as a cacher before they were considered for a position as a reviewer.

Your attitude of wanting to contribute and help out is extremely admirable, however, it takes a lot of money to volunteer for geocaching.com duty.

OK, let's try that again:

Your attitude of wanting to contribute and help out is extremely admirable, however, reviewers need to have considerable experience first, and more importantly, the powers that be need time to see the maturity and longevity of a cacher before they ever ask for help. There is a document on here somewhere (I am not a reviewer probably because I won't take the time to look up these links ;) ) that says what Groundspeak looks for in their volunteers. If you are serious, hunt down that document and use it as a guide for the next couple of years.

Your attitude of wanting to contribute and help out is extremely admirable, however, it takes a lot of money to volunteer for geocaching.com duty.

OK, let's try that again:

Your attitude of wanting to contribute and help out is extremely admirable, however, reviewers need to have considerable experience first, and more importantly, the powers that be need time to see the maturity and longevity of a cacher before they ever ask for help. There is a document on here somewhere (I am not a reviewer probably because I won't take the time to look up these links ;) ) that says what Groundspeak looks for in their volunteers. If you are serious, hunt down that document and use it as a guide for the next couple of years.

thanks for the input guys, glad to know, and FYI we go out of our way to leave a cache the way we found it or better when water soaked or otherwise ruffled :) i will be hunting down that document as soon as i can, i have not looked yet but i think someone linked it up the page a bit.

Sycomix

just wondering i am new at this and don't know how long it usually takes a reviewer to approve publish a hide, but i suppose if they needed help i have network access 95% of the time and don't mind volunteering if needed.

thanks all who reply.

Sycomix

Fixed...

;)

The reviewers makes sure (more/less) that your hide does not violate the guidelines for listing a cache of this listing service...if it doesn't...buh-bam, your cache is published...their typical goal is within 72 hours...but that is given that nothing is wrong with the listing...and their lives are not getting into the way...overall, be patient and all will fall into place...

Edited by ArcherDragoon