Geoswag.com

t4e

did anyone here order stuff from geoswag.com?

i placed an order on january 1st, paid paypal, got an email confirming they received my order and never heard from them since

i called the number on their website at various times of day but nobody ever answers the phone

i sent them an email, and still waiting for a reply

can i have some suggestions as to how i may deal with this?

got the PM, thank you, i'll try that

hm, lack of communication is not good for business, even if they are on vacation they could say so in their voice mail system, and have a "vacation" reply for e-mails

i'll come back with an update, once i hear from them

got the PM, thank you, i'll try that

hm, lack of communication is not good for business, even if they are on vacation they could say so in their voice mail system, and have a "vacation" reply for e-mails

i'll come back with an update, once i hear from them

If there were one thing up front which would drive my business elsewhere it is lack of communication.

Years ago I ordered some computer parts from Monarch Computer and noticed, unlike their usual practice of charging my credit card when item shipped, they had charged immediately. Part of the order arrived and the remainder was "backordered." After a couple weeks I tried to contact them via email and received no reply. It was then three weeks since receiving partial order, so I went to their website - it didn't load. I searched the web and found several recent accounts of people unable to reach Monarch. Yipe! I contacted my credit card company and they were sucessful in obtaining refund on the remainder of the order. In the following months it became apparent Monarch Computer had wound up and were gone.

I take that experience as example of why communication is essential - to assure the customer that business is healthy and orders are indeed being tended to. Sometimes we take communication for granted, but come to a boil quickly when its our money the vendor has and they aren't responding.

With a credit card you can simply request a refund. Paypal behave differently.

Best of luck.

Edited by DragonsWest

I ordered from them once and received my order satisfactorily. However, my brother ordered a Geomate Jr before Christmas from their web site. It was listed as being In Stock. However, he soon got an email that it was backordered. He did get it about three weeks later, but it left him with a bad impression. Also, they charged his credit card as soon as he ordered, not when it shipped. That's a very disreputable business practice.

One of the things you may have missed about your order is, I know this because I did the same thing, if you purchased or ordered anything that's a "presale" item they will hold your order until the presale items are ready to be shipped. This notice is somewhere on your receipt or on the page that you select to confirm your order.

I was wondering what happened to my order once and when I called them they explained that to me. They are very reliable and I have ordered many things from them.

So, if you ordered any presale items, they are probably holding your shipment until those items come in.

I ordered from them once and received my order satisfactorily. However, my brother ordered a Geomate Jr before Christmas from their web site. It was listed as being In Stock. However, he soon got an email that it was backordered. He did get it about three weeks later, but it left him with a bad impression. Also, they charged his credit card as soon as he ordered, not when it shipped. That's a very disreputable business practice.

The first clue on that should be PayPal. They take all payments through PayPal, and you can't schedule a charge that way (at least, not in combination with a shopping cart).

ao318, i haven't ordered any "presale" items

the person that ThePetersTrio suggested i e-mail, has replied to me within 30 minutes that will be looking into the issue, another 30 minutes later i got an e-,ail from geoswag support, which i originally e-mailed early this morning telling me that the order has shipped on january 5th and that international orders take about 2 weeks

now, i never thought Canada is considered "international" from USA, also it is customary to provide a tracking number, which hasn't been provided to me

they have great stuff and i had plans to buy more but at this point i am not sure if i will

i have certain minimum expectations when it comes to buying stuff online, and they can't seem to honor the basics...first and foremost communicating and keeping your customers informed about their orders

thanks to everyone for the replies

Happy Caching ;)

ao318, i haven't ordered any "presale" items

the person that ThePetersTrio suggested i e-mail, has replied to me within 30 minutes that will be looking into the issue, another 30 minutes later i got an e-,ail from geoswag support, which i originally e-mailed early this morning telling me that the order has shipped on january 5th and that international orders take about 2 weeks

now, i never thought Canada is considered "international" from USA, also it is customary to provide a tracking number, which hasn't been provided to me

they have great stuff and i had plans to buy more but at this point i am not sure if i will

i have certain minimum expectations when it comes to buying stuff online, and they can't seem to honor the basics...first and foremost communicating and keeping your customers informed about their orders

thanks to everyone for the replies

Happy Caching ;)

When I lived in Michigan and went to Ontario many, many times I never throught of it as being so much foreign as just the place on the other side of the lake where people didn't litter so much. That all changed after Sept 11, 2001. Canada got a bit ol' FOREIGN stamp on it and everything became suspect. (Could also be in the wake of the character trying to sneak in to Seattle from Vancouver with some nefarious plot, though the exact date of that I forgets.)

With a credit card you can simply request a refund. Paypal behave differently.

Yes, this is true, and Paypal seems to side with the merchant if you file a claim. Keep in mind, however, that Paypal passes the charge to your credit card. So, in the event of a problem, skip Paypal, and file the claim with the credit card instead. You're much more likely to get your money...

(This of course does not apply if you have Paypal tied to your bank account, but I don't know many people that would do that..)

I've had great luck with them and would recommed buying from them. I know he crash his comptuer when he loaded window's 7 on it and lost alot of data which was in the time frame you're talking about.

He's been very quick to respond to my e-mail's, and we even had a tracking number from the USPS that made it look like my stuff was shipped back to him, and at midnight he ran to the post office to check his PO box yo see if there was a mistake or something, and I got my stuff the next day.

I've ordered from him about a dozen times and other than the problem reaching him while his computer was down, I can't complain at all about his service. It was top notch.

did anyone here order stuff from geoswag.com?

i placed an order on january 1st, paid paypal, got an email confirming they received my order and never heard from them since

i called the number on their website at various times of day but nobody ever answers the phone

i sent them an email, and still waiting for a reply

can i have some suggestions as to how i may deal with this?

Been there, done that. they use the cheapest form of shipping and don't even offer a better a better way of shipping[you pay for shipping so why not offer the better options e.g. usps priority/fedex etc]

IIRC they're a tuesday thru friday company.

if its a travelbug/geocoin theres a place to post about vendor problems in those forums[you'll most likely be told you're being unreasonable and personal attacks will follow shortly]

i got them to reship my order[which came fast because it was sent priority]

according to the original order, that one hasn't moved since oct 31, 2009

I've ordered many times from Geoswag.com. They've been my primary source for geocoins for several years. A glance at my GC.com profile will show that the vast majority of my coins have come from them.

I've never experienced any problems with them, at least not that I can remember. Orders have always gone through smoothly and shipment has been better (and faster) than a lot of other caching-related companies I've dealt with.

Any company can, and will, suffer the occasional snafu, but at least in my case these guys have treated me better than most.

--Larry

guess what? my parcel turned up today, all in good shape.

i do like what they sell, however as i said before the lack of communication left something to be desired, especially being my first time buying from them

i did send a message suggesting to them that would be nice to have an e-mail sent out once the order ships, , those things can be easily automated

i never jump to conclusions and i will not complain about a business unless its gone really sour

i believe in giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, that's why i posted here asking opinions

thank you all for the input :unsure:

Edited by t4e