Confess Your Sins

bflentje

Please forgive me Father bflentje...for I have sinned.

Was caching in the snow a few years ago with friends. On our way back to parking, we spotted a HUGE cave with wooden trespass barriers around it. One side was broken and beggin' me to enter.

While the others went back to their cars, I stated that I wanted to grab a few more caches that I didn't hit yet and set up my coffee workings and opened a lock n' lock of farmers cheese and pepperoni.

As soon as they were out of eye sight, I went in... wanted to look for white nose fungus on bats actually.

- I immediately recited five Miss Jenns' and ten Keystones' afterwards. Not sure if that worked.

I DID enjoy a nice, hot, cuppa joe and pigged out. And DID hit two more caches afterwards.

Please forgive me Father bflentje...for I have sinned.

Was caching in the snow a few years ago with friends. On our way back to parking, we spotted a HUGE cave with wooden trespass barriers around it. One side was broken and beggin' me to enter.

While the others went back to their cars, I stated that I wanted to grab a few more caches that I didn't hit yet and set up my coffee workings and opened a lock n' lock of farmers cheese and pepperoni.

As soon as they were out of eye sight, I went in... wanted to look for white nose fungus on bats actually.

- I immediately recited five Miss Jenns' and ten Keystones' afterwards. Not sure if that worked.

I DID enjoy a nice, hot, cuppa joe and pigged out. And DID hit two more caches afterwards.

You put FOOD in a perfectly good Lock 'n Lock? ;)

I will pray for you.

I logged a micro as found without signing the log, but scratching it with a stick.

I have had a coin in an unlisted and unpublished cache for too long because I have been too lazy to write up the html for the page.

A few winters ago I went out to find caches specifically after it snowed, and after someone else found them so I could follow their tracks to the cache.

I peed on a cache accidentally because I had to go really bad, and I hadn't found it yet.

I'm sure there may be more, but I'll have to think about it for awhile.. ;)

I peed on a cache accidentally because I had to go really bad, and I hadn't found it yet.

;)

Note to self: always wear gloves while touching a cache container from now on.

:D

That's nothing...just think of how many woodland creatures pee on the cache because they do know where it is...knowing full well a bare-handed human will be back to touch the darn thing!!!

:);):D

I am disappointed my flock, I was hoping for REAL geocaching sins, those actions that were purposely ill intentioned. Even geocaching ministers are without sin.. so I'll confess as well. ONCE, and ONLY ONCE, I went maggot on a cache. I actually stole a cache.. a LONG time ago when I first got in the business. Not out of spite. Not out of hate. But because I had once thought someone was infringing on an area that I felt was mine. I have since repented and begged for foregiveness. I have seen the errors in my ways and now practice geocaching in a way that doesn't harm my fellow mankind. My conscience is clear. Amen.

Forgive me Father bflentje, for I once submitted a Needs Archived log on a cache that I secretly coveted the location of.*

*I didn't place a new cache there. Cache was missing and owner were AWOL.

Haha, dude you have some funny ones! ...I'd tell you that you were horrible, but we have to be nice! ;) Haha.

I am disappointed my flock, I was hoping for REAL geocaching sins, those actions that were purposely ill intentioned.

Forgive me, bflentje, I will try harder so that I have more grievous sins to confess next time. In my plans are:

1. Letting the air out of my fellow cachers' car tires so that I can get to the FTF before them

2. Use GPS jammers to confuse other hunters

3. Hide a film can under a lamp post skirt every 528 feet.

I am disappointed my flock, I was hoping for REAL geocaching sins, those actions that were purposely ill intentioned.

Forgive me, bflentje, I will try harder so that I have more grievous sins to confess next time. In my plans are:

1. Letting the air out of my fellow cachers' car tires so that I can get to the FTF before them

2. Use GPS jammers to confuse other hunters

3. Hide a film can under a lamp post skirt every 528 feet.

Lol! I love number 3!

I have kept a TB in my possession longer than 2 weeks.

Forgive me bflentje, for I have sinned. In 2004 or 2005, I posted a find for not only the famous "four windows" virtual cache, but also the "what in the world" virtual cache in Maine. Both were designed to be armchair caches.

(Also forgive me for being lazy because I c/p'd this because it is exactly word for word my trangression, staring me directly in the face as soon as I opened the thread.)

I am disappointed my flock, I was hoping for REAL geocaching sins, those actions that were purposely ill intentioned. Even geocaching ministers are without sin.. so I'll confess as well. ONCE, and ONLY ONCE, I went maggot on a cache. I actually stole a cache.. a LONG time ago when I first got in the business. Not out of spite. Not out of hate. But because I had once thought someone was infringing on an area that I felt was mine. I have since repented and begged for foregiveness. I have seen the errors in my ways and now practice geocaching in a way that doesn't harm my fellow mankind. My conscience is clear. Amen.

Ah, your post may make you feel better, but to absolve your mortal geocaching sin for penance and reconciliation, you must confess to King Boreas directly. The convienience of a private confessional box is not available, but if you send an anonymous e-mail it would comply. I doubt that he would have enough time to notice this thread between hiding and finding caches anyway. :unsure:

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

I've found a handful of isolated rural cemeteries at night. I don't nightcache in town.

I crossed a farmers field one time that bordered a park. No crops were growing at the time.

I armchaired one virtual, but only because I had been there before and knew what the answer was (and have been there since).

Entered a park that wasn't marked closed, but it officially was. Was checked out by the police and let go. It was a bigger deal because the park bordered state prison property.

Forgive me Father for I too have sinned. Though they be minor it is good to cleanse one's soul of all transgressions.

I have logged a cache that I did not find (with owner's blessings of course).

I have asked for, and received, major clues from PAF's (mainly on my streak)

I have deliberately not logged one or more DNF attempts

I have not signed multiple logs due to not having a writing utensil handy

I have not signed many more because I did not have tweezers

I have found puzzle caches when others have done all the hard work

I have come up with devious ideas for caches for revenge on other hiders

I have unknowingly trespassed and broken the rules at a local park.

I have a geosin I can think of

Once I grabbed a TB from a cache on the way to work. I unknowingly dropped it and ran over it in our parking lot. I dont think I was the only one to do so that night. When I found it later on that night I had a few of the chuncks of it including a servered arm but not the tracking number. I get up the nerve to write the TB owner, and the TB wasnt even listed on the cache's page. So I have had to live with the guilt of killing a TB and not even being able to tell whoever owned it.

Edited by kyle98632

I killed a man on Christmas eve.

It was around 2:00 am and the wife and I were sound asleep when I was awoken by a loud noise in the livingroom.

My first thought was that someone was breaking in to steal the presents. (or maybe Santa?)

But no. It was a large man removing the large screen TV we bought last year.

He rushed me and I... well... I ran!

I ran into the kitchen with him close at my heals. He was gaining on me when I reached the counter and grabbed a big stabby kitchen knife and turned to confront him.

Not a good move.

he ran right into the knife.

Blood was splurting all over when my wife (woken up from the commotion) ran in and saw me standing there with a bloody knife in my hand and a large dead intruder bleeding to death on the floor.

We had a short conversation that informed me that the "large intruder" was in fact one of her co-workers who she had given keys to our home so he could deliver my "surprise" new flat screen 52" LCD TV so that I would be surprised on Christmas morning.

After much talk about prison... we decided we could never tell anyone about this, let alone the cops.

I read a lot of true crime books and decided the best way to conceal this was to put the body in our deep freezer for a few days and then run it through a rented wood chipper (frozen body chips up nice and doesn't leave blood all over) and feed the frozen body parts to our two big dogs.

We placed his truck deep in the woods about 20 miles from our house and hid a geocache in under the hood.

So far we haven't been caught... er... maybe I said too much.

But as far as geocaching sins... none yet!

Ever knowingly trespass (NOT including implicit permission hides please) but didn't care? Ever steal someone else's cache? Armchair virtual? The Church of Geocaching is now open for business. Confess your sins here. As long as you repent, NO ONE in this thread will blast you.

I challenge everyone to use all their powers, vested by the geocaching gods, to keep this thread sane and friendly, for you are now in the house of geocaching worship.

Can we post what we didn't do? :lol:

Someone dropped a really cool coin into a cache; I was going to go discover it, but a couple hours later someone else picked it up to move it on. Drat. And then I found that the person who dropped it off had posted the geocoin tracking number on it.

I was tempted, but I did NOT 'discover' it because I actually never saw it in person. :lol:

Just remebered this...

A cache that I had DNFed several times was replaced with a new cache and moved a bit (due to a homeless muggle that apperanly had stolen the cache). I was going out to find it at lunch, when I noticed the reviewer had dissabled it due to proximity to another cache. I went out and found it and logged it for the day before.

I also entered a park at night after it was closed for a FTF.

I also entered a park at night after it was closed for a FTF.

This is what I am looking for.. those of us who generally speaking follow the rules but every once in a while get lead astray by something as simple as a FTF.

Oh, and then there is "could care less about a stupid rule like a closed park at night. I will often walk through the park across the street at night because it's a shortcut to where I want to be. I will also park a car on the street in blatant violation of city rules for more than 24 hours. If we get more than 3" of snow, I won't rush out and park all my cars in the lawn. Saturday I parked at KFC and when their registers weren't working walked over to Subway and broke the "parking for customers only rule" and must have been tresspassing. For about a week my daughter had to tresspass to get to work.

Life is complicated if you take time to worry about it. Thankfully I just go about my life and the details take care of themselves.

This is what I am looking for.. those of us who generally speaking follow the rules but every once in a while get lead astray by something as simple as a FTF.

I thought you're here to absolve us of our sins? Apparently this is more like the Spanish Inquisition. And, yeah, I didn't expect it.

Absolution will be granted. But most of the sins were nothing more than a wink and nod jokes. No judge, jury, executioner in my future.