For the ones that dont like the update!

K!nder

This is a topic for everyone that do not agree with the new change on the design of the site!

I believe the best way to demonstrate our negativism is to send an email to this account:

contact@geocaching.com

Lets show them our strength and everyone sending an unique mail.

Alone we dont have the streght but together we ar stronger than strong steel

Can I start a thread called, "For the ones that do like the update!"?

I'd like to demonstrate my positivism. :P

:P

Of course you could!

Why couldnt you do something like that???

I guess because it's already been done. :) And yes, if I make any money from the phrase, "together we are stronger than strong steel", I'll let you know. :)

Edited by Ambrosia

This is a topic for everyone that do not agree with the new change on the design of the site!

I believe the best way to demonstrate our negativism is to send an email to this account:

contact@geocaching.com

Sorry, just don't see the issues (maybe a stronger spell check).

It's different, just take some getting used to.

Design issues are subjective, though it seems a majority of responders in the forum don't like it.

Unfortunately for many there are still blatant bugs - some in the backend programming, some as an effect of the visual changes (browser compatibilities and such).

But I think this thread is mainly for the subjective opinions about the distaste of the new design, rather than actual bugs :P

Sorry, just don't see the issues (maybe a stronger spell check).

It's different, just take some getting used to.

One can get used to a lower paying job, or amputated fingers, too. :P

The spread out PQ pages seem to assume that everyone has a large Hi-def monitor. I do, but I prefer to not have to make my browser full screen and scroll for half an hour to see all my PQs. I just can't see any advantage, aesthetic or functional, to the grossly spread out look.

contact@geocaching.com

Do you think you will get 200 people to do this? :P

Is it just me or is there a problem with showing photo's with logs ?

It's not just you. :P Here's a link to where it's been reported and acknowledged: linky

And here lies the problem with new topics on this same issue. It will turn into a topic where people are reporting issues that have already been reported. There is an active topic for that. The topic is now on page 10, so my guess is that they are seeing that some people don't like the new look. By keeping the focus in the active topic, GC.com developers can keep their focus on that topic and working out the bugs that the masses are finding. That is the reason why most of these offshoot topics are being closed.

Please note this from the first post in that topic.

Design Changes and Bug Reporting

We have attempted to seek and destroy all the bugs associated with the update to the look and feel of the website, however it is perhaps not realistic to claim we found them all. If you discover any issues please report them here with your browser type and version, along with a description of what you were trying to do when the bug occurred. As always, please open new threads for issues not related to this release. Thanks!

If you have an issue that cropped up since the release, the post it in this topic as indicated in red above.

If you have another issue not relating to the release, the start a new topic as indicated in green above.

Your request for an email petition has been noted in this post. If you want to reply that you don't like the update, then go to the topic regarding the update please.