Spouse loves geocaching.

narcissa

My wife not only won't have anything to do with it, she doesn't even want to hear about it. She constantly ridicules me relating it to a "Dungeons & Dragons Club" type thing...as dorkified as it gets. Although she sure enjoys me getting the kids out of the house, allowing her to have some down/me time. I think she would be a little more accepting of it if we still lived in Colorado and the caches lead us to hidden waterfalls or secret views. Living in Oklahoma, the outdoors aren't nearly as fun. I have to agree with her. I used to spend every second of free time hiking, climbing, kayaking, canoeing, skiing, etc. In Oklahoma it's just buggy and hot as hell with nothing to see but hidden meth labs, trailer parks, junk yards, and other lackluster views.

Hi,

"she who must be obeyed" wanted to find something we could do "togever" - (Bang went my golf handicap)

So we have just started Geocaching - She is also now rapidly becoming "Vasco the Navigator"- she reads the directions, logs and clues whilst I lurch about like a drunken bee! We are getting a GPS shortly but at present using car satnav - which only gives us a general location - she is actually encouraging me to buy it !! There's a first ! - Wanted a new Driver last year and she turned into Ebanezer Scrooge !! Yep she is a convert !

cheers

Palujia

:laughing::rolleyes:

My wife not only won't have anything to do with it, she doesn't even want to hear about it. She constantly ridicules me relating it to a "Dungeons & Dragons Club" type thing...as dorkified as it gets.

I'm always sad to hear stories like that. If my spouse told me he "didn't want to hear about" something dear to my heart, and/or ridiculed me for having interests, he wouldn't be my spouse for long. Home is supposed to be your soft place to land and be accepted for who you are.

My wife not only won't have anything to do with it, she doesn't even want to hear about it. She constantly ridicules me relating it to a "Dungeons & Dragons Club" type thing...as dorkified as it gets.

I'm always sad to hear stories like that. If my spouse told me he "didn't want to hear about" something dear to my heart, and/or ridiculed me for having interests, he wouldn't be my spouse for long. Home is supposed to be your soft place to land and be accepted for who you are.

WOW, you just gave him an easy out.

Not me. They wouldn't have been my spouse in the first place if I felt that strongly about a hobby.

Fortunately I place my wife above my hobbies.

I can't even imagine choosing geocaching above a person I loved.

But then again... I left my last wife because she was blonde and I got tired of blondes.

Also met a much hotter brunette.

I'm fickle.

My spouse does not love Geocaching. But she supports my doing it, and occasionally I can get her to come along, and then she generally enjoys it. She only ridicules me when I can't find things in the house - "how come you can find all those boxes in the woods, but not the butter in the fridge" for example.

My husband does love Geocaching, but he's not quite as out and out addicted as I am. It's one of our favorite weekend things to do. We plan an outing to an interesting place we've never been to, go caching or attend an event while we're at it.

In fact, we make a great team! I usually drive, because it's my car, and my husband doesn't like to drive (unless it's on his motorcycle), and he is the navigator... then we both put our heads together to make the actual find. It's so much fun!

We will always have something to do!! :laughing:

14xo00y.jpg

This picture was taken at GC1JBP7 which I HIGHLY recommend if you're caching in Coos Bay, OR.

Not me. They wouldn't have been my spouse in the first place if I felt that strongly about a hobby.

Fortunately I place my wife above my hobbies.

I can't even imagine choosing geocaching above a person I loved.

But then again... I left my last wife because she was blonde and I got tired of blondes.

Also met a much hotter brunette.

I'm fickle.

It's the ridicule I take issue with. Of course we should place our loved ones higher than our hobbies. But should we live in an environment where we're ridiculed for the things we like? Should we tolerate someone saying they "don't want to hear about" our hobbies? I wouldn't. I look to my partner for love and support. If I want ridicule, I just come here!

My husband does love Geocaching, but he's not quite as out and out addicted as I am. It's one of our favorite weekend things to do. We plan an outing to an interesting place we've never been to, go caching or attend an event while we're at it.

In fact, we make a great team! I usually drive, because it's my car, and my husband doesn't like to drive (unless it's on his motorcycle), and he is the navigator... then we both put our heads together to make the actual find. It's so much fun!

We will always have something to do!! :laughing:

14xo00y.jpg

This picture was taken at GC1JBP7 which I HIGHLY recommend if you're caching in Coos Bay, OR.

Cute! :)

I'd love to meet a girl who *hearts* geocaching, but it seems like all the women who geocache are over 70 or under 15. At least in my area that is. :laughing:

I get a lot of funny looks when I ask a girl if she'd like to go geocaching. Sigh. If I could only get one to go and see how she reacts to finding caches.

When we have events around here it's usually about a 50/50 crowd, lots of women geocachers - some are more avid than I am, so clearly not a gendercentric hobby.

I'd love to meet a girl who *hearts* geocaching, but it seems like all the women who geocache are over 70 or under 15. At least in my area that is. :)

I get a lot of funny looks when I ask a girl if she'd like to go geocaching. Sigh. If I could only get one to go and see how she reacts to finding caches.

When we have events around here it's usually about a 50/50 crowd, lots of women geocachers - some are more avid than I am, so clearly not a gendercentric hobby.

I've noticed in other countries it seems to attract a better percentage of young women, at least from the anecdotal evidence I've seen. Not only that, they're gorgeous too. Just another reason for me to expatriate. :laughing:

I'd love to meet a girl who *hearts* geocaching, but it seems like all the women who geocache are over 70 or under 15. At least in my area that is. :bad:

I've noticed in other countries it seems to attract a better percentage of young women, at least from the anecdotal evidence I've seen. Not only that, they're gorgeous too. Just another reason for me to expatriate. :laughing:

Well, keep trying and sooner or later you might meet someone through geocaching.

A fellow cacher introduced Narcissa and I, and then we proceeded to do the entire binthair challenge together!

If you can make it through that, you can make it through anything - Just look at us! :)

My husband is Geek in Denial. We used to cache separately and had individual accounts, then we cached as a team with one account, then we decided to go back to individual accounts again. He doesn't cache as much as I do and I don't cache nearly as much as most cachers do, but we both do enjoy Geocaching very much.

It would be nice to cache with a companion since I do all my caching alone, especially in case we encounter an angry looking grizzly bear, in which case I can shove her into the bear's path while I run for my life.

Kidding! :)

My folks always worry about me caching alone, but I've never been comfortable caching in a group due to my introverted nature. I think I need to get a dog.

It was my spouse who proposed that we would start with geocaching.

We met in the mountainbike racing community in Stockholm, and have quite similar opinions in large. She works in the computer user support business, and have a positive view on technology in general.

We try to learn that positive tech view to our 14 year old daughter, and then not being a grumpy teen monster she loves to go caching to.