New Garmin Oregon v3.50 update - Problems - Not Recommended

eaparks

Finally, the unit also crashes while trying to access the diagnostics from the sat screen (Keeping the top left corner pressed for 5 seconds while on the sat screen).

The same happens with my 300. I asked a friend to try to access the diag screen on his 400t and it crashed, too.

Try pulling the SD card out. I've heard from several people on the wiki board who claim that pulling the SD card allows them to use the diag screen again.

ONE THING: ON a multicache. using the new dashboard - "geocache-ACTIVE" there is a wierd thing. WHen I select to go to a Waypoint, for a stage of a waypoint...the dashboard does not change to track with the waypoint. It stickes with the Geocache, or the stage one. So the map ill have the magenta line tracking to the waypoint...but the distance to cache and the compass are goofy...as they are looking to stage one...always. I guess it makes sense ... but it is frustrating for multi's...FYI, I guess.

Yes, that's way it has worked even in the beta.

Try pulling the SD card out. I've heard from several people on the wiki board who claim that pulling the SD card allows them to use the diag screen again.

Yes, it really does work without the SD.

Edit: I just deleted the CustomMaps folder (including one custom map) from the card. Now I can open the diag screen with the SD in the Oregon again.

Edited by MobileMe

I'll add two more to the list of potential bugs:

1) After upgrading to 3.50 I no longer see terrain shading on my Topo 24K North Central maps.

2) I'm no longer able to view vector data (roads, streams, topo lines, etc) on top of my KMZ imagery.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

These two are fairly lousy bugs to be dealing with. My Oregon 300 is now basically a 60CSX with a larger screen.

ADDED LATER: These problems all stem from the transparent map bug that others are seeing with the magenta line. If I turn off my transparent maps I can see the terrain shading and vector data over my KMZ.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the coming of Garmin Birdseye. Maybe a reconfigure of how things are viewed on screen?

Edited by yogazoo

:):):D I hope I'm not speaking too soon but I have upgraded to the new 3.1 software and the magenta line is now showing with transparent maps - I use talkytoaster's excellent UK OSM maps. I had to uninstall the version 3 upgrade and revert to the previous version to get the magic direction line back :lostsignal: - I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the next few days!

I didn't experience the breaking up problems others have reported so cannot give any feedbak on that issue I'm afraid.

I didn't experience the breaking up problems others have reported so cannot give any feedbak on that issue I'm afraid.

The diagnose screen can now be opened again without problems while there is a sd-card with a custom map in the device (valid for my OR300 with FW 3.60). Not that this is important, but it's always good to know that some bugs get fixed.